Doctor Who

Rose

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Mar 26, 2005 on BBC America

• Pilot

Ok, first off this is my least favourite episode of the entire season xD I don't know why but I just thought that, apart from the Doctor/Rose dialogues, this was a strange (in a bad way) episode. Nothing pulled me towards watching it to the end except for the anticipation of a bigger revelation about the Doctor's nature.

What saves it from a lower grade is this simply awesome dialogue... Epic win:

"Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it...

...the turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world."

In the end this ends up being a Pilot without the name Pilot because the only interest I saw in it was the Rose/Doctor interaction, a character related theme like a good Pilot should present.