Doctor Who

Rose

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Mar 26, 2005 on BBC America

• (Spoilers) Incredibly Cheesy

This is some of the worst post-2000 animation I've ever seen. I would expect to see this on a random YouTube video not on a major TV show. The plot is predictable and incredibly cheesy (the clear-cut good guys win in the end with no major character even getting a scratch). The attempts at humor are painful and cringe-worthy at best (especially that Dora The Explorer scene when the Doctor has his back facing the giant wheel and Rose notices what he just describes but he doesn't, even after looking at it multiple times).

The only thing about the episode that wasn't completely predictable was the "conspiracy nut" being shot but even that was followed by the slaughtering rampage mannequins randomly deciding to wait about 30 seconds to kill Rose's mother instead of just blindly shooting her like everyone else in the shopping center.

It's almost as if I'm watching a kids show. And I'm not talking about the explicit/non-explicit content level.

I was told to watch this show by several friends and it seems to have a massive dedicated fan-base so I will continue to the next episode.