Doctor Who

The Age of Steel (2)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM May 20, 2006 on BBC America

• Brilliant in every respect.

The Good: everything not in the bad

The Bad: Mrs. Moore is wasted

Full Review: I missed most of rise of the Cybermen. I was at a wedding and we recorded it but the football ran over. we thought we were missing it but really because of the overtime we could have watched it anyway! That didn't stop us watching the Age of Steel, which is definitely one of the best revived episodes. There is finally a properly co-ordinated plan (that will work) to stop the bad guys, ricky gets obliterated by a small army of Cybermen, Lumic is betrayed by his own henchman (who dies!), it's everything I was waiting to see in an earlier two part story but never got. The only problem was wasting Mrs. Moore. What I saw of rise of the Cybermen protrayed her as a mastermind behind Cybus' destruction (the Preachers being a testimony to that) and for a while it looked like she was going to get to play the hero. Sadly it was not to be and she was sneaked up on and killed. Still, great episode.