Doctor Who

Episode Christmas Special

The Doctor, The Widow, and The Wardrobe

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Dec 25, 2011 on BBC America

• The Doctor, The Widow, and The Wardrobe

The Doctor, The Widow, and The Wardrobe was an awesome Christmas Special episode of Doctor Who. I really liked the story line which was a twisted version of another British favorite. I liked the characters and the Tree King and Queen who were very intriguing. I liked every thing about them and how they saved their forests life force. The ending was nice and very touching as the Doctor realized something. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!

• Lame, Lame, Lame!!!

3.5
    There was nothing memorable about this episode other than the lingering feeling of disappointment. Granted that the Christmas specials are usually pretty much of a let down, but now it seems that with the advent of the 11th Doctor, Christmas episodes will just be some obvious rip off of something from literature--A Christmas Carol and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The first time was cute and actually turned out to be one of the strongest Christmas episodes, but the second time was just lame. I felt as if I had seen all of this story before--it just felt like a cut and paste of previous episodes from the new series. It was one of those stories in which the viewer knows what is going to happen ten minutes before the characters do. It was by far the worst Christmas present I received...
  • This was just okay nothing really to write home about.

This was a nice little story about a nice little family. But I was thinking this could have gotten a lot deeper. But it didn't like last year christmas special which I think it was great. This one didn't really have much going for it. I guess Moffat just put something together and said here you go. Well we have to wait another 8 months for new Doctor Who.
  • Frankly, not the best episode

Honestly saying, the episode was kind of a let down - the story was weak, the main conflict was small and insignificant and was resolved quickly without any plot twists or clever ideas (Moffat usually does better than this).. The touchy-feely part of the episode was indeed touching, but a bit forced. Overall last year's special, even though it followed a very familiar story (Even for a non christian as myself) was way better.

Also, Doctor Who's creators, Y U NO GIVE US A GLIMPSE OF NEXT SEASON?
  • the doctor arranges a christmas treat for a family during the second world war but as usual things don't go according to plan

This is a vast improvement over last years boring christmas special. Amy and Rory aren't present here, except for one scene at the end. The doctor somehow makes some sort of time portal inside a box which leads to another planet in the future, but there's one problem, the forest is set to be burnt down and the forest is trying to use the family in order to survive. I won't go into more details but suffice to say this is an exciting episode and one of the better christmas specials.