Doctor Who

The Family of Blood (2)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 02, 2007 on BBC America

• So-so...

7.3
    I really liked "Human Nature" (the previous episode), but this just didn't work for me. It was a little too scattered. And maybe I'm just picky but John Smith was working my very last nerve. I agree with Martha he's "rubbish as a human." I mean what are we supposed to do with that? I was so happy when the Doctor started coming back I didn't know what to do with myself. And that little kid who was mildly telepathic, whatever. Also, I really did not feel how everyone was either using or talking down to Martha. Her character was completely pushed to the side. Almost, sort of, even by the Doctor. And I was not happy when he invited Nurse Redfern to be his companion (how would that work!?). With Martha all in love with him and stuff. But I REALLY love Jessica Hynes, so much that I can't even hate any character she plays, not even Redfern (at least not much). And the son in the Family of Blood was just way too much for me. So off base. How happy was I too see Martha back in her jeans, leather jacket, and ponytail? ECSTATIC! Martha saved the episode for me. LOVES HER!!!!!
    Anyway, at least it's over. Can't wait for BBCAmerica to start playing season 2 AND Torchwood. YAY!!!!