Doctor Who

The Impossible Astronaut (1)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2011 on BBC America

• Written by Steven Moffat & Directed by Toby Haynes, 'The Impossible Astronaut' seems to bring back the excitement that was lacking in most of last season.

After a FABULOUS Christmas special, and what seemed like a long wait, the latest season of Doctor Who begins! In this latest installment we find the good Doctor ( played by Matt Smith ) reuniting with his last seasons companions, Amy Pond & Her husband Rory Williams. After getting a mysterious letter in the mail, our companions along with the equally mysterious River Song (played by Alex Kingston) met up with THE DOCTOR in America present day. After some soda pop some wine and cheese, the Episode jumps into gear with a shocker! Bringing too light a mystery that the companions must solve with the help of River song. A mystery that they can not tell the Doctor about, even though the details might save him from certain death! After jumping to 1969 and meeting the then President of the United States Richard Nixon , our team is join by Canton a ex FBI agent ( played by Mark Sheppard, yeah you know him, Firefly, Medium, Battlestar Galactica, and Supernatural to name a few shows he's been on! ) to unravel yet another mystery!

This episode will surely keep you glued to your seat. Hopefully the sense of adventure, mystery and wide-eyed excitement will carry on thru out the entire season! I have my fingers crossed.

-Good Stuff!