Doctor Who

The Impossible Astronaut (1)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2011 on BBC America

• I really liked this episode and thought it was an epic opening episode to an epic series. "I like stetsons now, stetsons are cool."

This was a really good episode and I thought it was cool that they filmed a few episodes in the US. We're also getting closer to finding out River Song's secret identity as each episode travels further back into her personal timeline. Although we had to wait a year, it was definitely worth it to resolve the main plot of Series 5, The Silence. I think The Silence make an excellent addition to Doctor Who's long list of mysterious and amazing villains. I was really shocked at the start when the Doctor was suddenly and unexpectedly shot by the nameless astronaut but it made the Doctor's return even more exciting. I'm glad that they decided to begin the series with a two-parter as the episode's plot was so amazing and complex to fit into one episode. I have no doubt the entire series will have the same high quality and look forward to the mid-series finale.