Doctor Who

The Impossible Astronaut (1)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2011 on BBC America

• A Rating of 9.2!?! Seriously?

Now, it's a;ways been hard for me to review the first episode of a two parter, but this is different. The begging started out fairly well, with you-know-what happening (no spoilers). They should have let that be the basis of the episode instead of shoving it into a completely different storyline. This episode feels like it has two parts, as if they ran out of room and had to fill up the space. I know it's not true but it feels like it.

This season is the reason why premieres should be one episode and finales should be two! The plot for this two parter is decent but in the first, everything is too stretched out! The finale would have been great but they crammed everything into 50 minutes! But I'm not going to talk about the finale. Not now.

If you ask me, the Silence were unnecessary and felt like a rip-off of the Weeping Angels. Which is sad, because Steven Moffat wrote that one too! Steven Moffat is a brilliant writer but, I hope his episodes in Season 7 are more impressive, and that they DON'T make the premiere a two parter.