Doctor Who

The Parting of the Ways (2)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 18, 2005 on BBC America

• A happy and sad ending, we saved Rose making you wonder if she will ever be the same again, but we loose the 9th Doctor

Now that we have gotten all of that rather pointless gameshow crap out of the way we can get back to the action with the Doctor trying to save humanity from the Daleks. A great finally where the Bad Wolf shows her face and saves the Doctor for once. She seemed almost too powerful which begs the question, where it all game from?

It was nice to see the Doctor go through all of the effort to try and save the universe but not have the heart to kill all of humanity. It points to those tough choices that maybe should be made but which we really can't do.

I know the motif is that the Doctor changes those he comes into contact with, but I found it a little unbelievable that so many would be willing to die for the Doctor just because he thinks he can try and save folks.

I would have loved to see them do more with the Lynda. Jo Joyner is a great actor and Lynda could have added an interesting dynamic to the team. Her role just seemed too small for us to really feel for her when she dies.

The Doctors Self sacrifice pinnacled in a kiss seemed to capture the essence of the series, with the Doctor willing to do everything to keep Rose safe. Goodbye Doctor #9 you were brilliant.