A Doctor Who (1963) Community
BBC (ended 1989)
With Doctor Who taking a long lay-off my fear that it will lose many of the so-so fans. The hard core fans, like myself, has already dealt with two long periods of time without Doctor Who. Three if you count “Scream of the Shalka” which was an online story which did not do well mainly due to the time of dial up and very, very slow downloading and streaming.

The question is will the younger fans return after a lay off? If you listen to the experts of the younger generations the answers would be no. {May suggestion to any generation is not allow the experts to define you. Many experts are people who knows no more than we do but they use charts and may have written a book.}

Either way the BBC need something to keep the fans’ interest going. For some fans the Big Finish audio may not be an option. So is animation? Even for the fans of the current, 2005 reboot, Doctor Who David Tennant has done two animations. There are still the lost stories from the first 6 seasons and as time pass the chances of finding any of these below smaller. You also have the stage plays.

I know the cost of animation can be high. Not sure what are the sale numbers needed in the UK or international to make it worth the cost.

Would fans of the original (1963-1989, 1996) Doctor Who buy an animation of the lost episodes? How about animation of new stories with the 1963-1989, 1996 cast members? Animation of new stories of the 2005-2018 cast members?
Comments (1)
Submit
Jun 26, 2019
What about fans of both the original (1963-1989, 1966) and 2005 reboot (2005-2018) Doctor Who? Would they be more out to an animation?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members