Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

archangelwho

[301]May 16, 2014
    • level: 18

With all the remakes and redo coming out ( Ithink I read somewhere that from 22 to 24 shows from the 60s-the 80s were being remade)I always felt starting at the very 1st Doctor and keep the lines and stories as is and do it with today money & tech would be great. In the story I read thye said the this was going to be done with Star Trek. Note: I have never had a post made it this far. This would have made a great 59th surprise and would have taken care of the lost ones.

Edited on 05/16/2014 5:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[302]Jul 13, 2014

Big Finish put out a 50th ann audio drama with T. Baker, Davison, C. Baker, McCoy & McGann. It also has William Russell doing the voice of Hartnell, Frazer Hines doing Troughten ( and he does a great Troughten) and Tim Treloar doing Pretwee. There is the Master and 16 past companions. This is what a 50th story should have been. By the way go to the other Doctor Who page per post on the Docotr's age.

If you have not read it yet read "Doctor Who A History Celebrating Fifty Years" by Alan Kistler 2013 Lyons Press. It is a great book and an easy read.

Edited on 07/14/2014 6:48am

dcpgaus

[303]Jul 15, 2014
    • level: 16
    I'm not a big fan of the audio dramas - but this one is probably one I will give a go. Its incredible that McGann is in it! I'm not too sure if it can be found in Aus/NZ however but I will check it out.

pferreira86

[304]Jul 20, 2014
    • level: 17

archangelwho wrote:

Big Finish put out a 50th ann audio drama with T. Baker, Davison, C. Baker, McCoy & McGann. It also has William Russell doing the voice of Hartnell, Frazer Hines doing Troughten ( and he does a great Troughten) and Tim Treloar doing Pretwee. There is the Master and 16 past companions. This is what a 50th story should have been. By the way go to the other Doctor Who page per post on the Docotr's age.

The Light at the End. I listened to it on holiday. It was pretty good actually.

Edited on 07/20/2014 1:22pm

archangelwho

[305]Jul 21, 2014

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

The Light at the End. I listened to it on holiday. It was pretty good actually.

My copy was shipped out Monday. From the UK to the US does take time. I just hope it get here in time for our trip at the end of July.

steamheaduk

[306]Jul 21, 2014
    • level: 19

If you bought it directly from Big Finish, then once purchased you should be able to download an audio version directly from your Big Finish account without waiting for the CD to arrive.

archangelwho

[307]Jul 22, 2014

steamheaduk wrote:

If you bought it directly from Big Finish, then once purchased you should be able to download an audio version directly from your Big Finish account without waiting for the CD to arrive.

So that is what it means when I go to my account and it say I have 5 downloads available.

steamheaduk

[308]Jul 23, 2014
    • level: 19

Yep, every CD purchase you make automatically gives you a download of the same title if the title is also available as a download (some of the older ones aren't).

wildhoney66

[309]Aug 4, 2014
    • level: 13

hey guys, sorry i haven't been on here for awhile. but i haven't really been watching that much tv to be honest. i was mod for a short time on a site. well i was on a trial run rather, and that ended so i'm no longer a mod. that's the really short version of it, if i say the whole thing this post will be pages long he he.

did anyone here see the leaked copy of the season 8 premire? i have and it's not bad. i still plan on watching it when it airs though.

and i won't say anything to what i saw if nobody here wants to know. i also haven't bought any doctor who as of late cept season 2 of the current show. that's about it. i haven't gotten any else in quite a long time actually. so i may have to attack Amazon to fix that soon hmm...

archangelwho

[310]Aug 10, 2014

I got "The Light At The End" in time for my brithday but not our trip. I have already listen to it twice. It was better the 2nd time. What I have read is correct. Colin Baker is much stronger on the audio. When you go to the episode page there is a question sho was the MVP for this episode. You would have to say Colin Baker. I don't care how old, fat, etc... the actors have gotten this would have made a great TV/DVD story.

dcpgaus

[311]Aug 11, 2014
    wildhoney66 wrote:

hey guys, sorry i haven't been on here for awhile. but i haven't really been watching that much tv to be honest. i was mod for a short time on a site. well i was on a trial run rather, and that ended so i'm no longer a mod. that's the really short version of it, if i say the whole thing this post will be pages long he he.

did anyone here see the leaked copy of the season 8 premire? i have and it's not bad. i still plan on watching it when it airs though.

and i won't say anything to what i saw if nobody here wants to know. i also haven't bought any doctor who as of late cept season 2 of the current show. that's about it. i haven't gotten any else in quite a long time actually. so i may have to attack Amazon to fix that soon hmm...

It was announced that Season 8 starts on 24 August down under. Its going to be a bit strange to see a much older doctor - after David and Matt. Will be interesting to see the ratings in the UK!

wildhoney66

[312]Aug 17, 2014

have any of you seen the episode yet? anyways i've been a mod on a site recently so that's why i also haven't been on here. anyways,

the only thing i've really been watching is "Once Upon a time' Season 1 which i bought on Blu-ray this past wed.

pferreira86

[313]Aug 17, 2014

wildhoney66 wrote:

have any of you seen the episode yet? anyways i've been a mod on a site recently so that's why i also haven't been on here. anyways,

I refuse to see the leaked copy of Deep Breath. I will wait till it's shown on TV.Wink

dcpgaus

[314]Aug 25, 2014

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

I refuse to see the leaked copy of Deep Breath. I will wait till it's shown on TV.Wink

I waited until it was on tv too. Deep Breath, that's what we've all been taking - waiting for the new Doctor. I think the show has come full circle. The first Doctor was old - and so is this one. The first Doctor was cranky and strange - and so is this one. This one doesn't want to be a boyfriend of the companions - finally!

However, as with all regeneration stories - it starts off haphazard, slows down in the middle (when the Doctor just disappears, doesn't do much) and then ramps up to the final. I found the first part fairly annoying, the second part focused on Clara - and then the story resumed (and finished with a twist - thank God). The dinosaur was just a gimmick (which was disappointing) but the reappearance of the 3 helpers was good and Clara really got a good part. Not too sure about the Doctor having such a good role in this story - but when I remember the other regeneration stories - most Doctors had poor roles (Tom in bed, Peter in the zero box, Colin going nuts and not making any sense, etc). What does every else think ?

Edited on 08/25/2014 9:58am

wildhoney66

[315]Aug 28, 2014

i saw the workprint. i did dvd-r it but i have yet to watch it. and honestly the boyfriend angle never really bothered me. it was fine with Rose, but i'm not going to lie and say i wanted him to be with so & so. cause even i got to admit that each companion pretty much they went that route. and they really didn't need to with nearly all of them. with i think Matt Smith & David Tennant it no doubt was cause they were closer to the companions ages.

well in real life i mean. with Peter Capaldi he's older far older than Clara and that did surprise me that they by the looks of it are going to stop it. but again if they are going to do that, than stop having the companions fall in love with him too. the dinosaur reminded me of

Invasion of the dinosaurs when i 1st watched it to be honest. them having it in the episode was pretty pointless though if they were going to just kill it.and i wanted to post about them by the looks of it dropping the boyfriend angle. but you had said you wanted to watch it 1st. and i'm ok with that. it was just hard not to say anything that's all.

pferreira86

[316]Aug 31, 2014

So what do you think of Danny Pink?

wildhoney66

[317]Sep 15, 2014

well 1st let me get some complaining done. on this fawking site i tried forever to come on here but i kept getting directed to the community for the latest episode. WTF ? that's NOT where i wanted to GO! i wanted go to HERE! dammit! anyways, as for danny pink, we have the hopper and i use that. but i'm a bit behind on the show so the one i finally got around to watching was the 2nd episode where they go inside the dalek that was awesome! i haven't watched the robin hood one yet. or the last one either. so i'm 2 episodes behind you guys.

anyways guys. also my b-day my 36th b-day is on Tuesday Yay i guess. i say it like that cause nobody in my family seems to pay attention anyways anymore. it's always nice to be noticed in your family ya know? no matter how old you are. anyways i just got done watching episode 2 of the 1st dalek story. and funny enough one thing after watching Barbra walking in part 1 that i never noticed for some weird reason was a camera

that was following her as she walked down the corridor. it was of course near the end of the episode right before we see the famous cliff-hanger.

as for do i like Danny Pink? i have no idea yet to be honest i've only seen 1 episode with him in it so far to be fair. how about you guys? what do you think of this season so far? i saw on a doctor who site i belong to that people are already complaining about him. or was it on here? i forget

my point is they complain that the companions fall for the doctor and when they change it up for her to fall for someone else they still complain.

you can't win either way with some people guys.

dcpgaus

[318]Sep 18, 2014

Is Danny Pink the character in 'Listen' story ? I don't know about this story. Very few characters in this story and some unexplained scenes/endings. All those scenes with the Doctor talking to himself doesn't work for me. I like how Clara is developing and how she is acted but I'm still on the fence about the new Doctor. While I think its important that the Doctor isn't always a happy-goofy-character, they have to be careful in writing him as a loon. This was what did in the Colin Baker Doctor - most people didn't like a crazy Doctor....and they switched off.

In Aus/NZ they also have shown another Doctor Who related episode called 'Companions in Time' (or something similar). It follows Peter Davison in his quest to find the unique companion attributes! Its a bit of fun - but more importantly, Peter talks to the actors who played Nyssa/Tegan/Peri and also Jack/Micky and a few of the recent Doctors. Its great to see the actors talk about some of their experiences. It would also be super to have a Nyssa/Peri/Ace related story in the new series!!!

Edited on 09/18/2014 6:18am

archangelwho

[319]Sep 18, 2014

dcpgaus wrote:

Is Danny Pink the character in 'Listen' story ? I don't know about this story. Very few characters in this story and some unexplained scenes/endings. All those scenes with the Doctor talking to himself doesn't work for me. I like how Clara is developing and how she is acted but I'm still on the fence about the new Doctor. While I think its important that the Doctor isn't always a happy-goofy-character, they have to be careful in writing him as a loon. This was what did in the Colin Baker Doctor - most people didn't like a crazy Doctor....and they switched off.

In Aus/NZ they also have shown another Doctor Who related episode called 'Companions in Time' (or something similar). It follows Peter Davison in his quest to find the unique companion attributes! Its a bit of fun - but more importantly, Peter talks to the actors who played Nyssa/Tegan/Peri and also Jack/Micky and a few of the recent Doctors. Its great to see the actors talk about some of their experiences. It would also be super to have a Nyssa/Peri/Ace related story in the new series!!!

I have only seen the 1st. Will have to wait for the DVD for the rest. I agree with you about making the Doctor out crazy and/or weak. He many things but top of the list is hero. Noone want an unstable Doctor. Even as hyper as the last Doctor was he was always in control.

We get nothing related to Doctor Who here if it is not on BBC America. Will "Companion in Time" be release on a DVD?

wildhoney66

[320]Sep 19, 2014

i think i read that he's going to be a more serious one and i may be wrong on this, but one that doesn't give a damn. it's been awhile since i last read how he is going to be written so i may be wrong.