Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

archangelwho

[61]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 18

I live the SE of the US and it is a local news station that does it. To be honest I cannot remember who does it sinces I'm not a CIS fan and have only seen 2 or 3 of theseCIS facts type stories. I have a co-worker who is a big CSI fan and she toldme about them.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[62]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 17

wildhoney66 wrote:

but there have been certain things in the CSI shows that i do wonder if it's real or not?

Well I sure hope it's real! I don't expect to see time travel in a forensics series!Laughing

dcpgaus

[63]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 16
    Gosh, I hope I haven't logged onto the wrong site, I thought we were talking Doctor Who, not ER/CSI (just kidding!).

Now they are showing Doctor No. 3 story on tv as part of the 50th celebration. This one's 'The Daemons'. What are great story. Very spooky. Very sinister. Great monsters and some good supporting characters. Jo is great in this one - shows that she really cares for the Doctor and thinks he's a good person. But the ending... The monster kills himself because he gets confused when Jo's willing to sacrifice herself for the Doctor! I remember seeing this ages ago and I was confused with the abrupt ending - and years later, I am still confused. They had 6 parts to do this story (or was it 5) and they couldn't script the ending better! But at least this time, the Master is caught and goes to jail...

wildhoney66

[64]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 13

1stly i know you are kidding. and if ya are confused about our conversing here just read back to where it 1st started. it did blend in talk about doctor who as well. and yes i do remember that one it's a great one. i've only seen it once though. and it's been awhile so i don't remember it ending like that. honestly i've never been a huge fan of the 3rd doctor like many people do. but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy that doctor either.

i do enjoy plenty of serials with the 3rd doctor.

pferreira86

[65]Mar 17, 2013

Yeah I watched The Daemons last week for the first time, it was pretty good actually.

wildhoney66

[66]Mar 18, 2013

before i head off to bed for the night i just gotta say this, i watched "The Space Musuem' which i actually own the original dvd of it. and "The Chase' and funny thing is the 1st time i watched these 2 serials i didn't care to much for either of them, they weren't terrible by any means but they just weren't that great.

the funny part is that each time i watch these 2 serials they seem to get a little bit better than they were the last time i watched them. but they still aren't among my favorites of the history of the show though. next up i'm watching 'The Time Meddler' another one i bought a few months back but never got around to watching it. by the way my friend i'm going to have foot surgery on wed. so if i'm not on here it's cause i dunno how my foot will be wrapped or how much pain i'm going to be in.

what happend is this when i was 6 i broke my leg my fibula and my tibula by falling off a horse. anyways. the b*ch of a nurse and this nurse i do think is one when i to have it put on put it on too tight. and though this was 28 years ago and my memory is hazy on this going by what my mom said she recalls me crying about the pain and the nurse goes oh it's ok. and apparently that wasn't like me to cry all night like that. so the next morning right away my mom runs into the doctor and tells him about my cast right. well he listens to her and takes a look at it and agrees that it was too tight. and about all i can remember is him taking it off and me screaming in pain pulling my mom's hair as hard as a can and being surprised i didn't pull any out in klumps he he. anyways the b*tch of a nurse ended up screwing up a nerve in my big toe and it's looked like someone gave it the little blue pill since than.

so as i've gotten older this is the side effects holes in my shoes and me having to get shoes more sooner than normal. i've sprained it through the years once or twice and even broke it once or twice. and same foot. my balance is messed up meaning i can be walking straight down my drive way or just to the bathroom and my foot will twist and i fall down. i dunno how many time i've taken down people with me through the years. and loosing skin by my falling. and it can go a long period of time where nothing happens than it out of the blue happens.

and starting last year when i was on my feet for so long my foot was hurting like a mofo well take your guess on what i mean.

so i had to get new shoes and when i know i'm going to be on my feet all day i put an ace wrap on it. in short it's the nerve that's doing all this and i'm finally getting it fixed! so i'm actually excited to be having a normal foot! he's going to fix the nerve that i was pestering my mom about in high school to get fixed! so that's why i'm not sure if i'll be online. i really have no idea to be honest. sorry for going off topic a bit but there ya go my friend.

pferreira86

[67]Mar 24, 2013

Well I hope you get better.Smile

wildhoney66

[68]Mar 24, 2013

thank you, it's still bruised but that's to be expected. and i'm trying Not to put on any more weight on it than i have to. i don't think he put any kind of stitches in either which is great ya know? not really any pain if you can believe it. sure it's hurt a little bit but not enough for me to take the pain meds that was subscribed to me. and i didn't take the boot or whatever the thing they gave me off until Thursday. it didn't dawn on me that i was allowed to take it off until the next day. but it wasn't until a couple days or so where i did walk without it a little bit. not to much though.

and it was great to be able to take a shower when i was able to do so. my mom took the wrap off for that. but i didn't walk without the boot and i can live with that. i wonder when i will have to errrrrrrrrrgh go back to work i'm guessing on tuesday honestly. but that's just a guess i got to go back 2 morrow morning for a check up. i have a high tolerence for pain so this is nothing to me and it was really worth getting it done, i havent' had a normal foot since i was 6 years old! the surgery went well as well. pretty short honestly. i'm told about 45 minutes or so. so i've been keeping busy at home doing puzzles. which i love to do and watching tv and watching some Doctor who as well.

i watched let's see so far in the past week "The Space Museum", The Chase' The Time Meddler' and now i'm on Galaxy 4" i had to download the found episode cause i haven't bought the Aztec's set yet. i plan to though. when i went to best buys the week before they didn't have it.

so i've been trying to keep busy ya know?

pferreira86

[69]Mar 31, 2013

I watched The Krotons yesterday for the first time. If I'm to watch every Doctor Who serial I eventually would have to watch that one aware of it's reputation. It wasn't as terrible as some say it is but it was lacking and slightly boring. Having your villains lock themselves away for most of the episodes is not good scriptwriting.Laughing

wildhoney66

[70]Mar 31, 2013

true but i kinda dig it, i love Zoey in it. cause her being smarter than the doctor is a scene i love. than he goes i'll show you who's smarter and he therefore wins. yes the villians take some times to get there, and it does have plenty of them. but the humor in it i love.

archangelwho

[71]Apr 5, 2013

It has been reported that the BBC has comfirmed that David Tenant & Billie Piper will be part of the 50th anniversary. I must admitt I have mix feeling. I don't think you could have a 50th without both. For many David Tenant is the face of Doctor Who 2005 as Tom Baker is for the 1963-1989 show. And Rose was the first new companion and seem to be willing to return any time she was needed/wanted. I just hope they do not bring back the "sick puppy" romance. It really took away from both the Doctor and Rose and was carried on too far after Rose left. I just hope she is a happy wife to the copy and is over the Doctor and that the Doctor is over her.

wildhoney66

[72]Apr 6, 2013

uh you i think are a bit off, i don't think there'd be any reason for her to fawn over Matt Smith like she did with David Tennat. cause the characters are completly different each time they regenerate ya know? so you may be wrong on that. plus he gave her the copy of himself so she wouldn't need to fawn over the doctor cause let's face it she has him! even if she isn't traveling like she used to. that's my guess anyways.

and if i'm wrong i'm wrong but this is my take on it.

pferreira86

[73]Apr 7, 2013

What I'm afraid of is that the special will only bring back the 10th Doctor and Rose. I'd like to see the other Doctors as well since this special is a celebration of 50 years of Who, not just the new series. It's looking unlikely however as McCoy recently said none of the old series Doctors have been contacted. Also Christopher Eccleston said he was asked to take part but eventually refused. Not looking good.

wildhoney66

[74]Apr 7, 2013

i agree with you on that what they SHOULD do is include all 11 doctors in all. i'm sure there are ways to put in footage from the doctors who have since died. and they could use archive footage granted. but with christopher E. they could have him come in and do voice work if they use archive footage. as much as i love the 10th doctor i do agree i don't want it to be just about them.

archangelwho

[75]Apr 9, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

uh you i think are a bit off, i don't think there'd be any reason for her to fawn over Matt Smith like she did with David Tennat. cause the characters are completly different each time they regenerate ya know? so you may be wrong on that. plus he gave her the copy of himself so she wouldn't need to fawn over the doctor cause let's face it she has him! even if she isn't traveling like she used to. that's my guess anyways.

and if i'm wrong i'm wrong but this is my take on it.

I was talking more about her and David Tenant and so many fans and the production team seem to have really liked the Doctor/Rose relationship. I hope you are right.

Edited on 04/09/2013 3:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

archangelwho

[76]Apr 9, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

What I'm afraid of is that the special will only bring back the 10th Doctor and Rose. I'd like to see the other Doctors as well since this special is a celebration of 50 years of Who, not just the new series. It's looking unlikely however as McCoy recently said none of the old series Doctors have been contacted. Also Christopher Eccleston said he was asked to take part but eventually refused. Not looking good.

I know Eccleston had problem with some of the production team but he is starting to remind me more and more of Tom Baker when Baker 1st left the show. There is a thing about oweing something to the fans and even the show. There are not many shows with the following like Doctor Who and we should be rewarded for it.

wildhoney66

[77]Apr 9, 2013

and let's face it as much as i like him as an actor. i haven't granted seen in not much other than doctor who and when he was on the show 'Heroes' well that show is the last time i even saw him in anything since. and i didn't say he hasn't had work since than he has by his IMDB page he's done quite a bit since than. but i just haven't seen him in anything since "Hero's' that's all.

my point is that i dunno how much in the public eye he is but you would think he would say yes to a one off special and prolly help boost his apperance with the public. but hey that's just me ya know? as for doctor who i've recently watched serials #86-89 and yes i am to damn lazy to type in the name of the actual serial. in short season 14 i've been in the "Tom Baker' mood as you know i was watching the 3rd season before.

the one i'm up to on that one is the recon of 'The Massacre' i burnt out on that era for the time being. all good serials as well from the Tom Baker era. "Robots of death' is my next one i'm going to watch.

pferreira86

[78]Apr 14, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

I know Eccleston had problem with some of the production team but he is starting to remind me more and more of Tom Baker when Baker 1st left the show. There is a thing about oweing something to the fans and even the show. There are not many shows with the following like Doctor Who and we should be rewarded for it.

Eccleston believes more in not spoiling his previous work which is why he's been reluctant to return. Sure, they may archive footage of the previous Doctors but it just won't feel the same.

wildhoney66

[79]Apr 15, 2013

well piss on him my friend, he should do it the next anniversary is what another decade? or so ? and Tom Baker may not be around in 10 years!

so this is the best time to do it. with all 11 doctors. archive or not. he should get off his high horse and do it. hell even Christopher Lee who may have refused to play dracula again. but he did play a vampire a couple more times before he stopped after he had stated that. "Dracula & Son' from (1977) yes it was a comedy well in the US it was dubbed into one anyways. but my point is he played a vampire 1 or 2 more times before hanging the cape up for good. even if it wasn't as Dracula.

wildhoney66

[80]Apr 17, 2013

my dvd collection is up to #42! i got "The Aztec's SE tonight and Doctor who and the Silurians' as well.