Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

wildhoney66

[121]Jun 16, 2013
    • level: 13

well guys i first read it on saturday on tvshowsondvd.com about the missing episodes. it really surprises me that they even posted about it to be honest. cause it's just a rumor right now that's going around. hell just look at IMDB board for a news link as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[122]Jun 18, 2013
    • level: 18

Read the story. It started out very hopeful. They have added two updates in June and does not end as hopeful. Still there is more hope now than before. Time will tell.

wildhoney66

[123]Jun 18, 2013

i belong to a doctor who site, i'm to tired to look up the name. cause i forget it at the moment. i just came home from work. anyways, they also saw that as well. and though a great number of people hope it's true. the rumor is 90 episodes were found they think it's possible some may have been found but not that many. apparently this rumor has been around as far back as last September! or was it october? either way it's been around a long time now. and though the BBC hasn't confirmed it or denied it as far as i know. Ian Levine pretty much says it's a Hoax.

so until the BBC says something IF they do i dunno what to believe ya know?

archangelwho

[124]Jun 18, 2013

From what every little I know of Ian Levine if it not a fine that he made then it can't be real.

archangelwho

[125]Jun 18, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

actually no i wasn't. Clara said she saw all his faces and one of them was a fast walking doctor in a leather jacket. and no doubt if she saw all of them and none of them were john hurt than no doubt it would have been Christopher E. what did you think of the finale anyways?

I just finished season 7 part 2 today. I just did not buy the jumping into the Doctor's timestream storyline. But they will have to do something with John Hurt. Not only was he in the run of regenarations but at the end it said introducing John Hurt as the Doctor. Then when the credits rolled at the end tney listed John Hunrt: The Doctor. Now they can explain him away that make a sense it would not be the first time. As far as how I liked the ending I wait to see how it end first before I make I final judgement.

By the way I got Mind of Evil, #56,today this according to my count complete the run for Pertwee, Davison, C. Baker and McCoy for me. I have all 7 of the 2005 seasons and the Christmas specials. I also have 3 CDs of later stories of the 1963-1989 Doctors. As far Hartness I have 18 DVDs and 8 CDs of the lost stories. Trughton I have 7 DVDs and 2 CDs of his lost stories. I also have both Lost in Time so the only ones known that I don't have are the two that thye just found.Per my count the only T.Baker I don't have are #80, 85, 106, 108, 109 and 111. Don't know what I will focus on next. I donot want to start over so Blue Ray is out and I don't think I will buy many of the Sp.Ed. I would like to pick of Blake 7 but have never seen them on DVD in the U.S.

wildhoney66

[126]Jun 18, 2013

though people are asking if that's their next step. i don't think they will cause from what i hear their plan is only to put that one on blu-ray cause that was shot on film. anyways, the next update is that he posted about this rumor is that he tweeted that it's true they lied to his face or something. and i read that this goes back to maybe being as far back as 2 years ago! when the last 2 were found. the dude i guess went back 10 times and found more stuff! each time. so who knows what's true or not? my guess?

is that it is possible that stuff was found. but the number that's being thrown out is 90 episodes and as much as i want that to be true. it does seem like an unreal number.

archangelwho

[127]Jun 19, 2013

If it is true and it has gone back as far as 2 years I can understand them setting on it. It take time, skilland money to remaster them and what a better way to start the 50th anniversary then to introduce a find of lost episodes?

wildhoney66

[128]Jun 19, 2013

true, but from what i'm hearing right now is that it's just simply a rumor. apparently some stuff was delivered to the BBC from africa. and apparently there's 90 episodes that were found. weather any of this is true nobody has confirmed it. my point is if there's that many doctor who episodes or if they also have say Z Cars and other british shows/movies from back in the day of it being wiped. than who knows?

also from my understanding if anything is happening if it IS true, than they have been doing negotions for 2 years! and that's i think far to long to do be doing that. now don't get me wrong i understand it doesn't take 1 day to deal with stuff like that. but 2 years? COME ON people get with the program, well that's how i feel about it anyways. i do gotta admit it is funny how all of a sudden that many episodes if that rumor is true is found right when it's the 50th anniversary isn't it? all i know is that the BBC hasn't ask jack Sh*t weather it's true or not.

wildhoney66

[129]Jun 19, 2013

i forgot to add, and the rumor all it's doing lately is picking up speed it seems. had you heard about it before i posted here about it?

archangelwho

[130]Jun 20, 2013

I have a long trip coming up and wanted something to listen to during the drive. With this news I started to hold off but after reading more I decided not to chance it so I ordered Vol. 4 and 5 of the Lost Episodes CDs. I have only Vol 3 left to get and hope between the DVDs & CDs I will soon have the full run of Doctor Who.

wildhoney66

[131]Jun 20, 2013

well don't forget to get some audio plays as well those are fantastic to listen to. i also suggest to say screw it and the lost ones on cd cause if anything is true on any of these rumors, than we won't hear anything for my guess awhile IF they are still negotating that is. and sorry about my bad spelling. so it may be awhile. look up on Tvshows on dvd.com and you will see an update i'm going to take a nap now so i am quite tired and am far to lazy to post it on here. when do you leave?

archangelwho

[132]Jun 20, 2013

Next Friday (29th). 10 hours or so to pick up our godson for the rest of the summer. We have not seen him in over 3 years. Very long story.

dcpgaus

[133]Jun 23, 2013
    • level: 16

Well done to wildhoney66 for collecting all available Doctor Who stories!!

I agree that for the 50th special (whatever it is) they could restore/improve some of the older stories on dvd - but I don't think they'll do that.

Well I was surprised - for the ongoing 50th celebration they showed the 'Two Doctors'. Yea! This is such a good story - hardly any padding out - and it involved Doctors 6 & 2 - with Peri and Jamie. The Androgums were good monsters and the Sontarans returned too! Even Oscar and Anita were good (and funny) supporting characters. The story was well thought out and there were lots of twists and turns. Some good scenery (in Spain) added to the story. I read the novel too - and Robert Holmes is a good writer, he makes you understand why the characters feel like they do. This story stands up to today's stories I think. Less reliance on special effects - and good plotting - would help the current series a lot.

pferreira86

[134]Jun 23, 2013
    • level: 17

wildhoney66 wrote:

well don't forget to get some audio plays as well those are fantastic to listen to. i also suggest to say screw it and the lost ones on cd cause if anything is true on any of these rumors, than we won't hear anything for my guess awhile IF they are still negotating that is. and sorry about my bad spelling. so it may be awhile. look up on Tvshows on dvd.com and you will see an update i'm going to take a nap now so i am quite tired and am far to lazy to post it on here. when do you leave?

Yeah I've been following this as well. It seems to be a hoax and has been denied by archivist Philip Morris. Levine was asked recently again about this and mentioned that while 90 episodes won't be returned a number of them will. We will have to wait till the end of the year for more official news as the BBC still haven't announced all celebration news.

archangelwho

[135]Jun 23, 2013

dcpgaus wrote:

Well I was surprised - for the ongoing 50th celebration they showed the 'Two Doctors'. Yea! This is such a good story - hardly any padding out - and it involved Doctors 6 & 2 - with Peri and Jamie. The Androgums were good monsters and the Sontarans returned too! Even Oscar and Anita were good (and funny) supporting characters. The story was well thought out and there were lots of twists and turns. Some good scenery (in Spain) added to the story. I read the novel too - and Robert Holmes is a good writer, he makes you understand why the characters feel like they do. This story stands up to today's stories I think. Less reliance on special effects - and good plotting - would help the current series a lot.

The Two Docotrs and Attach of the Cybermen are both grreat stories and C. Bkaer's two best and stays up with any other Doctor Who stories. These are the two I sugest for those who say C. Baker is not worth watching. For me Attach of the Cybermen is the best Cybermen story.

archangelwho

[136]Jun 30, 2013

This is how to celebrate the 50th and travel. 700 miles, 13 hours there, 700 miles and 13 hours back the next day with collection 4 & 5 of tje Lost TV Episodes original audio soundtracks. There are some great stories in these two sets and well worth the listen. Due to traffic and road construction going up, have not been here since 1982, and adding a 8 years old and a 6 years old on the way back I did miss part of The Abominable Snowmen, The Ice Warriors and The Wheel in Space but I will listen to them again later. Still need collection 3 to have all 5 sets.

dcpgaus

[137]Jul 1, 2013
    • level: 16

archangelwho wrote:

This is how to celebrate the 50th and travel. 700 miles, 13 hours there, 700 miles and 13 hours back the next day with collection 4 & 5 of tje Lost TV Episodes original audio soundtracks. There are some great stories in these two sets and well worth the listen. Due to traffic and road construction going up, have not been here since 1982, and adding a 8 years old and a 6 years old on the way back I did miss part of The Abominable Snowmen, The Ice Warriors and The Wheel in Space but I will listen to them again later. Still need collection 3 to have all 5 sets.

Gosh I would love to see the actual story of the Wheel in Space - not just the audio.

They have shown 'The Revelations of the Daleks' with Doctor No. 6 and Peri. I have never liked the daleks but Davros gives them personality and the story is a good one. The idea of using humans to become daleks is a scary one (and such an idea is reused in the current series) and solving the starvation problem by feeding the humans with "processed humans" is a gruesome thought too. The scene where the father is becoming a dalek and asks his daughter to kill him is a great scene. But there were some problems too - the Doctor/Peri are hardly in the story in the first part - always a mistake I think. The DJ scenes don't look very realistic and the nurse killing the main doctor looks like an awkward scene too. But Peri has never looked more beautiful and the planet covered in snow looked quite real. Thankfully they won't be showing the 'Trial of a Timelord' stories for Doctor No. 6 - they are not a celebration of the series at all!!!!

Edited on 07/01/2013 10:16am

archangelwho

[138]Jul 1, 2013

dcpgaus wrote:

Gosh I would love to see the actual story of the Wheel in Space - not just the audio.

They have shown 'The Revelations of the Daleks' with Doctor No. 6 and Peri. I have never liked the daleks but Davros gives them personality and the story is a good one. The idea of using humans to become daleks is a scary one (and such an idea is reused in the current series) and solving the starvation problem by feeding the humans with "processed humans" is a gruesome thought too. The scene where the father is becoming a dalek and asks his daughter to kill him is a great scene. But there were some problems too - the Doctor/Peri are hardly in the story in the first part - always a mistake I think. The DJ scenes don't look very realistic and the nurse killing the main doctor looks like an awkward scene too. But Peri has never looked more beautiful and the planet covered in snow looked quite real. Thankfully they won't be showing the 'Trial of a Timelord' stories for Doctor No. 6 - they are not a celebration of the series at all!!!!

[/QUOTE] The Enemy of the World would be a great one to watch as Troughton plays the Doctor and the villain at the same time. I neven really understood the DJ part in Revelations.

wildhoney66

[139]Jul 1, 2013

i bought season 1 for the current Doctor who. at as i call it Wally Fart for get this only $20.00! bucks. apparently the BBC redid the cover and it's just a standard case now and therefore it's my guess nothing like it was originally. so it was i dunno possible for it to be that low? either way i had no idea they re-did it. hey i ain't complaining i'd rather spend $20 bucks over last time i looked on best buys website a couple years back they had it for $80.00 bucks! NOT WORTH IT for that price i'm sorry.

and yes i'm slowly getting there. also if you look at tv shows on dvd.com they posted the new artwork for The Ice Warriors.

pferreira86

[140]Jul 7, 2013
    • level: 17

dcpgaus wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

But Peri has never looked more beautiful and the planet covered in snow looked quite real.

Ha! The snow was real mate, no Lawrence Olivier unfortunately.Laughing

Edited on 07/07/2013 12:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.