Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

wildhoney66

[181]Aug 29, 2013
    • level: 13

i was just on the 1st page by accident actually and i saw it was dated july of last year. and my point is this thread is that old? it sure as hell feels like it's been on here only a few months doesn't it? anyways. did anyone see on tv.shows on dvd that they announced that the tenth planet will be released on November 19th?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[182]Aug 30, 2013
    • level: 19

Well it's on Amazon as pre-order for the 18th if that helps

archangelwho

[183]Sep 2, 2013
    • level: 18

BBCAmericaShop does not list it yet but if you wait most times you can get it less here than on amazon.

Edited on 09/02/2013 10:07am

steamheaduk

[184]Sep 3, 2013

19th for America according to the official BBC announcement - http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/the-tenth-planet-dvd-cover-and-contents-announced

archangelwho

[185]Sep 3, 2013

I cannot not get the last page unless I post. all other pages work just fine. Just page 19 of this one. I e-mailed the OLd Bill for help.

I wonder why BBCAmericaShop does not list it yet? I may have to call them.

Edited on 09/03/2013 7:11pm

archangelwho

[186]Sep 7, 2013

Checked BBCAmericaShop web site today. They have both the Ice Warrior item # 18050 for $19.98 and The Tenth Planet for $ 27.98 for pre-order. Unsure how long these prices are good for. They also have all 3 of the revisit sets 1. Docotrs 1-4, 2. 5-8, 3. 9-11. Over all I feel these sets are a rid off but the extra in the 1st set was great and it came with 4 very nice magnets. So I will get the other two sets and hope they also come with the magnets and that the extras are as good. May frame the boxes for a display. I have been thinking about doing the same with the VHS boxes.

Edited on 09/07/2013 8:27am

dcpgaus

[187]Sep 9, 2013
    • level: 16
    They are reshowing all the Tom Baker stories on one channel. They showed 'Pyramids of Mars' with Doctor No. 4 & Sarah Jane. Gosh I like this story - I don't know why, some ot the scenes of the mummies killing some people are funny (instead of scary). But I like the acting, the storyline connecting Egypt with Mars and related mythlogy, the people killed by Suhtek burning and becoming husks is scary and the connection between the Doctor and Sarah is great. Even the final scene of the mansion exploding is very good.

archangelwho

[188]Sep 13, 2013

I may have miss it and with Netflix we do miss a lot of what is running right now but I have not heard anything that is being done in the US for the 50th. And Doctor ran in my areas for close to 20 years or more. We even had a Doctor Who fan club for a short time.

dcpgaus

[189]Sep 14, 2013
    archangelwho wrote:

I may have miss it and with Netflix we do miss a lot of what is running right now but I have not heard anything that is being done in the US for the 50th. And Doctor ran in my areas for close to 20 years or more. We even had a Doctor Who fan club for a short time.

I just saw an article that Peter Davison will be part of the 50th special. See link: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/13/former-doctor-peter-davison-confirms-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-involvement-3991018/

I also hope they can include Tom Baker (especially as he missed the 25th special!).

archangelwho

[190]Sep 14, 2013

Thanks for the update.

steamheaduk

[191]Sep 14, 2013

Tom Baker (or someone closely resembling) has been sighted in costume near to Matt's TARDIS exterior. Apparently for a "Have I Got News For You", which sounds like we will be getting a lot of "Who" versions of various light entertainment shows around the Anniversary as well.

archangelwho

[192]Sep 14, 2013

dcpgaus wrote:
    archangelwho wrote:

I just saw an article that Peter Davison will be part of the 50th special. See link: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/13/former-doctor-peter-davison-confirms-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-involvement-3991018/ I also hope they can include Tom Baker (especially as he missed the 25th special!).
    I wonder what surprise Tom Baker the most that there is a 50th Anniversary show or that it took so long to get to the 50th?

dcpgaus

[193]Sep 20, 2013
    Its September so there are showing Doctor No. 9 stories. When Chris became the Doctor and the show returned to the screen, it was awesome. Rose too was a big part of the huge success of the show. The story is 'End of the World' and besides showing some new alien characters, it also explores how Rose suddenly feels cut off from home. The past of the Doctor is also briefly explored too. A simple story about greed and it really works. Cassandra is a riot!

dcpgaus

[194]Sep 23, 2013
    The Empty Child episodes. Wow. When I saw this first time, it was awesome. Zombies with facemasks! Nancy was a very memorable supporting character and we get to see Jack for the first time - and he is great. This is Doctor Who at its finest. Even though the end is "happy for everyone", Chris's acting brings it to a high level. Well done to everyone. A simple story well executed, acted and the special effects are very good.

archangelwho

[195]Sep 24, 2013

dcpgaus wrote:
    The Empty Child episodes. Wow. When I saw this first time, it was awesome. Zombies with facemasks! Nancy was a very memorable supporting character and we get to see Jack for the first time - and he is great. This is Doctor Who at its finest. Even though the end is "happy for everyone", Chris's acting brings it to a high level. Well done to everyone. A simple story well executed, acted and the special effects are very good.
    Nancy would have made a good companion if I'm remembering who she was. She was the young mother who watched over all of the children?

dcpgaus

[196]Sep 29, 2013
    Yes. Very good character.

The forums keep going down - and this is the third time I have tried to enter this! First the blogs, then you can't keep track of other people's posts, and now the forums are becoming unstable. In case this is the end, goodbye to all and I wish you all the best...

archangelwho

[197]Sep 29, 2013

dcpgaus wrote:
    Yes. Very good character. The forums keep going down - and this is the third time I have tried to enter this! First the blogs, then you can't keep track of other people's posts, and now the forums are becoming unstable. In case this is the end, goodbye to all and I wish you all the best...
    Sorry to see you go. So many have already gone and I'm starting to feel like the last man on earth. I wish there was another way for us to stay in touch. I so look forward t hear from some of you and will miss you. May our Lord Jesus Christ watch over you and all of the others who have gone before you and if we don't meet on another site I praythat we will meet in our Father's kingdom. Peace be with you.

dcpgaus

[198]Oct 4, 2013
    archangelwho wrote:

dcpgaus wrote:
    Yes. Very good character. The forums keep going down - and this is the third time I have tried to enter this! First the blogs, then you can't keep track of other people's posts, and now the forums are becoming unstable. In case this is the end, goodbye to all and I wish you all the best...
    Sorry to see you go. So many have already gone and I'm starting to feel like the last man on earth. I wish there was another way for us to stay in touch. I so look forward t hear from some of you and will miss you. May our Lord Jesus Christ watch over you and all of the others who have gone before you and if we don't meet on another site I praythat we will meet in our Father's kingdom. Peace be with you.

It sounds like I'm dead... which I'm not. I'm just saying that tv.com is so unstable at times, I expect it to disappear before my eyes one day.

pferreira86

[199]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 17

Off topic but just thought I'd mention I had my photo taken with Sarah Sutton at London Comic Con yesterday. She was nice and the most relaxing person to put my arm round to take a picture with.

dcpgaus

[200]Oct 6, 2013
    pferreira86 wrote:

Off topic but just thought I'd mention I had my photo taken with Sarah Sutton at London Comic Con yesterday. She was nice and the most relaxing person to put my arm round to take a picture with.

You're a very lucky guy! Sarah Sutton - when she joined the show, I thought she was excellent. A great companion - gentle, caring and helpful. She was a good alternative to Tegan and Adric. I loved the scene where she tried to help the Doctor on Gallifrey - with a gun - change of pace for Nyssa.