Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Doctor Who DVD release extras

pferreira86

[21]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 19

wildhoney66 wrote:

i want to get that. well all of them really i want to get, as i call them the good, the bad & the ugly. he he

Are you sure you don't already own the Timelash DVD release?Tongue out

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[22]Apr 14, 2012

I have found the best place to get Doctor Who DVDs are at www. BBCAmericaShop.com and pnce you have gotten so many you get free shipping for life.

wildhoney66

[23]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 13

that sounds great, but unfortunally my various dvd players are ALL Region 1 & therefore won't play the DVD's from the UK. & no i don't have 'Timelease" or whatever it's called? i also haven't seen that one yet either

archangelwho

[24]Apr 17, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

that sounds great, but unfortunally my various dvd players are ALL Region 1 & therefore won't play the DVD's from the UK. & no i don't have 'Timelease" or whatever it's called? i also haven't seen that one yet either

These all play in Region 1. It is the US store from the BBC and all DVDs play in the US. I have only had a problem with one DVD set and that was the Key of Time which plays on my computer but not on my DVD player. I set it aside and never send it back. Most likely years later it is too late. I have gotten not only Doctor Who from them but many others.

wildhoney66

[25]Apr 18, 2012

oh well how are the prices?

archangelwho

[26]Apr 19, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

oh well how are the prices?

Anywhere from $14.95 to 32.95. New releases are marked down 20% or more and the older ones even more. Until you reach the $500.00 sales mark there is S/H but at least for my state no sale tax.

wildhoney66

[27]Apr 20, 2012

what state is that? i live in ohio, so i have no idea what it is, also ya got a link?

archangelwho

[28]Apr 21, 2012

www.BBCAmericaShop.com and it will tell you which state charge a sale tax on internet. If it does not list your state at check out to apply state tax then your does not.

pferreira86

[29]Apr 22, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

I was making a joke related to that story's DVD release, don't worry. Wink

wildhoney66

[30]Apr 23, 2012

oh ok he he thanxs for the link too

pferreira86

[31]Apr 29, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

oh ok he he thanxs for the link too

"The Good, the bad, the ugly". That's the title of the making of doc on Timelash.Tongue out

Edited on 04/29/2012 2:04pm

dcpgaus

[32]May 10, 2012
    • level: 16

I don't think I'll be getting the Timelash dvd anytime soon - although it does have a good moment when the main villain turns around in one scene - and you see his monster face!

I was watching the Caves of Androzani and my tv broke down before the last 2 episodes! Ahhhh....Whats on the dvd for this story ? Any good extras ?

This is the third time I have tried to enter this post - something wrong with tv.com again....

Edited on 05/10/2012 8:05am

wildhoney66

[33]May 18, 2012

well i'm kinda picky on one thing that when i want to collect a show, i like to have the entire series. & "Doctor Who' is the same thing as well. other than the lost episodes for obvious reasons. he he. i plan on hopefully owning the entire show on dvd. that survives rather. even the crappy era.

& the crappy serials. i just won't watch those cept maybe when i 1st buy them. & the audio commentary's as well. extra's. all this when i buy them.

anyways, i bought on Thursday "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" the 2 Disc Version. another one i didn't own. yea i had a copy of it but NOT the original which is what i want. than who knows i may give them to my aunt. my copies someday. as i get the series on dvd. i dunno.

archangelwho

[34]May 19, 2012

Don't forget you can fill in the missing with the CDs. They help on those long drives.

wildhoney66

[35]May 19, 2012

i actually don't own any of those yet. but i have downloaded a bunch of them in the last couple of years.

pferreira86

[36]May 20, 2012

dcpgaus wrote:

I don't think I'll be getting the Timelash dvd anytime soon - although it does have a good moment when the main villain turns around in one scene - and you see his monster face!

I was watching the Caves of Androzani and my tv broke down before the last 2 episodes! Ahhhh....Whats on the dvd for this story ? Any good extras ?

This is the third time I have tried to enter this post - something wrong with tv.com again....

Yeah, it has some good extras. If I were I'd definitely try to watch the last two episodes. The end of Part 4 is a little shocking.Sealed

wildhoney66

[37]May 20, 2012

like i said i dunno how people can love a show. & not want to own the whole thing even if the show has crappy areas. such as the show "Bones" season 6 may be the worst season but i'm still gonna buy it. sorry if i keep repeating myself by the way. & oh if i go out this week i may pick up another 3 serials on dvd of "Doctor Who" since i'm to lazy to look up the titles here's the numbers.

#83,89,90 i think are the numbers? they were put out this year in fact

dcpgaus

[38]May 23, 2012
    • level: 16

wildhoney66 wrote:

like i said i dunno how people can love a show. & not want to own the whole thing even if the show has crappy areas. such as the show "Bones" season 6 may be the worst season but i'm still gonna buy it. sorry if i keep repeating myself by the way. & oh if i go out this week i may pick up another 3 serials on dvd of "Doctor Who" since i'm to lazy to look up the titles here's the numbers.

#83,89,90 i think are the numbers? they were put out this year in fact

I'm sorry but some episodes are not to be watched again - not by me (!) - so I don't keep copies of bad stories. And regarding Bones - I used to love this show but when Zac was identified as the serial killer's assistant(!!!) in that ridiculous season-ending story, I stopped following that show on a regular basis. Star Trek Enterprise was another one - the final episode was so horrible I will never watch it again. I think when the show's producers start treating the audience with contempt, its time to put your foot down and watch another show!

wildhoney66

[39]May 23, 2012

oh i'm not denying that it was bloody well stupid that they did that to Zach. i never will understand that. all because they wanted to rotate interns? which in itself is a a dumb idea as well. at least i think that's what i read? i've actually never seen that star trek show so i can't really give any thoughts about it to be honest.

anyways. the ones i did up buying i was a bit wrong on the serials. is "The Android Invasion" which is #83, which i think i got right?

& numbers #89 & #90. The Face Of Evil" & "The Robots of Death" that's now 19 of them i own. 20 serials if you count the "The Space Musuem" & "The Chase' double set. so my collection is starting to FINALLY grow! i guess i haven't bought any of the REAL bad ones yet. he he

wildhoney66

[40]May 24, 2012

anyways i recently just watched "The Three Doctors' for the 2nd time. if you recall i watched it a few months back. maybe less than a few i can't honestly remember. anyways. i recall someone i forget who saying how the ending was a bit dissapointing. well honestly the 1st time i saw that i agreed with that. but the 2nd time i saw it i liked it a LOT better than i did the 1st time.

which is always a plus if you enjoy either an episode or a season or a serial as in the case of the original "Doctor Who" now i'm watching "Invasion of the Dinosaurs' well the audio commentary that is. i haven't watched any other ones yet of the current 6 new serials i bought in the last couple weeks.