Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Mary Tamm has Died

wildhoney66

[1]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 13

while i don't have the article right in front of me. sorry about that. i was wondering if anyone had heard she passed away. apparently she was only 62 years old. that's how old my freaking dad is going to be this year! that's far to young to die isn't it? i didn't read the whole article that said how she died. sorry about that. but i of course figure someone will post it here sometime tonight if i don't.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[2]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 18

18 month battle with cancer. She passed away on 7-26-12 in a hospital in London. That is around the same age that Elisbeth Sladen was when she passed away also due to cancer. Another one who will miss the 50th. Yes, too young. She will be missed. For me she waRomana. My God be with she family during this time. My prayersto them. RIP we love you.

pferreira86

[3]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 17

Yeah, when I read that it that she'd passed away her death really did come out of nowhere. It seems the biggest death for Doctor Who companions is cancer.

wildhoney66

[4]Jul 30, 2012

it does seem that is the cause of a LOT of doctor who actors/actress didn't pretty much all the doctors so far die of cancer?

pferreira86

[5]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 17

wildhoney66 wrote:

it does seem that is the cause of a LOT of doctor who actors/actress didn't pretty much all the doctors so far die of cancer?

Nope. William Hartnell died of arteriosclerosis, both Troughton and Pertwee died of a heart attack.

archangelwho

[6]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 18

1st day back to work. Wasa teacher work day in the classroom. I took the Key of Time and watcher the 1st 3 while I set my room up anddid my paper work. For some reason the Key of Time doesnot play on my DVD player so I have to watch it on a computer.

ChipsTheButler

[7]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 9
    cool story bro

wildhoney66

[8]Aug 17, 2012

that one i haven't seen yet. watching wise i'm near the end of Liz Sladen time on the show. i forget which one, but i think i have something like 2 full serials left before she is offically done with the show. at least in the 70's. anyways get this though, i heard about mary tamm she passes away her husband does her eulogoy uh sorry about my crappy spelling, than only a few hrs. later ladies and gents,

he dies of a heart attack himself! how screwed up and sad is that? both died so close together. i dunno how old he was though. and that is odd that it only plays on your puter. maybe your class may like the show?