BBC (ended 1989)

Missing Episodes Found!

pferreira86

[1]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 17

In case any one has been reading the fan boards lately:

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/Two-Lost-Doctor-Who-Episodes-Found!.aspx

Yahooo!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 86

It's always nice when that happens. Sadly, I at first always think it means the whole story, only to realize it's one of four episodes for a given serial. Unfortunately, one part of "Galaxy Four" isn't much when the other three are still missing.

archangelwho

[3]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 18

Each new find is new hope. Thanks for the update.

pferreira86

[4]Jan 2, 2012

jekyll wrote:

It's always nice when that happens. Sadly, I at first always think it means the whole story, only to realize it's one of four episodes for a given serial. Unfortunately, one part of "Galaxy Four" isn't much when the other three are still missing.

Ah, but also one part of The Underwater Menace.

BrittaBot

[5]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 1

Very exciting when I read about it and yet, they believe they came from the ABC (australian broadcasting corporation) and they still won't come to Australia! Grrrr!! Not fair...

wildhoney66

[6]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 13

it's been awhile since i last was on here really only cause i've been playing my PS3 & my Wii lately. & also watching old movies B films. & it's been awhile since i last watched any "Dr. Who" well other than the recent X-mas episode. & what do i find? 2 missing episodes FOUND!

i know i'm going to get bleeped here but i don't care. i nearly shit myself. from SHOCK! anyways, am i dissapointed more wasn't found uh yeah i am. but that was only cause i'm impatient like EVERYONE here. but even though i was dissapointed that it wasn't an entire serial at first.

cause that was the 1st thing i also thought myself. than i thought that we have more of "The Underwater Menace" & one more episode found of an entire missing serial! so i'm dying to see these! i have seen all the missing one. hence the restoration episodes but i'm dying to see these actual missing episodes! & the dude who got interviewed i think may be right. it is possible that all of these episodes that are missing may be out there. but in private collections that either people forget they have. or they don't want to part with them.

how many lost films have been found ? if you think about the extra footage of one of my favorite films "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" (1963)

that footage was found by accident. nobody to my knowledge was looking for it. & they found it ONLY cause they were tearing down some abandoned building! i forget what kind of building it was. but still my point is. anything's possible. i honestly didn't think they'd find anymore.

cause of how the periods of them finding really ANYTHING is getting longer & longer. each time. & i think it was only 1 episode last time & please correct me if i'm wrong. this time it's 2! so that's even BETTER! this dude who had these i guess is getting a "Dalek"! cause don't they have a thing out that if anyone has any episodes & turns them in. they will get their own VERY OWN Dalek?

also i bought season 6 of the new show recently as well. on an off topic.

pferreira86

[7]Jan 8, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:
    cause of how the periods of them finding really ANYTHING is getting longer & longer. each time. & i think it was only 1 episode last time & please correct me if i'm wrong. this time it's 2! so that's even BETTER! this dude who had these i guess is getting a "Dalek"! cause don't they have a thing out that if anyone has any episodes & turns them in. they will get their own VERY OWN Dalek?

Yep, that's true. The last episode of Doctor Who found was Part 2 of The Dalek's Masterplan back in 2004. It was found in a church basement! See even God wants to watch the next exciting episode of Doctor Who featuring the Daleks and who can blame him? Laughing

wildhoney66

[8]Jan 8, 2012

not I man. NOT i. has there been anymore news on if this dude has anymore episodes? i know i am impatient but who can blame me? people always seem a bit TOO eager i think for the last episode of "The Tenth Planet" now that doesn't mean i don't want it found either. cause i do.

but if i have to live without that i'd love to see the rest of "The Power of the Daleks" for example found. or even "The Feast of Steven" which would be a fun find. in short my atitude is pretty much i'll take any episode being found over none at all. i'd love to see all of them found of course. but if an episode is found to a crappy serial i ain't going to complain either. like 'The Space Pirates' is a terrible serial but that doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see that whole serial intact. & not in the Recon's that i have.

i guess i'm just more realistic that some "Who" fans ya know? in all honesty man, i'm shocked we have as many episodes WE DO HAVE!

so i find it funny when people complain about when they find episodes & it's not the one they want. they don't realize that it's a gift that we are getting these found at all. i'm not saying everyone is like this cause i know they aren't. 'Galaxy 4" which isn't a great serial either. nor is the other one that's found. but i don't really care i can't wait to see them. & "Galaxy 4" is one serial i never thought well ANY OF THEM would EVER be found to be honest. so i am thrilled to be wrong on that my friend.

pferreira86

[9]Jan 15, 2012

Well the problem is that people aren't aware if they have any missing episodes. The guy who had the newly discovered episodes had them since 1985!

Edited on 01/15/2012 1:01pm

wildhoney66

[10]Jan 16, 2012

i agree, but the thing is, that's partly understandable because if i'm not mistaken they weren't labled either. & since he prolly hadn't watched them in years either. he wouldn't know. ya know it's funny you'd think people would look them up online & say to themselves gee i wonder if mine is one of the lost ones?

take a look & turn it in, ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET A DALEK for your VERY OWN for turning it in! & those prolly cost a couple thousand pounds as well to make. i may be wrong on that. but still they can't be cheap either. the old ones prolly but the newer ones. i have no idea?

but that what do we know? ya know? he he

archangelwho

[11]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 18

I watch one of the news report on the found episodes and one og the guys that was part of it said that the focus need to be taken off finding episodes of Doctor Who or anyother tv show or movie and focus on old tv shows and/or B/W flims because most don't know what they have.

wildhoney66

[12]Jan 21, 2012

if you read that article he did say that. & he's right as much as I HATE to say it. though since i love "Doctor Who" my focus is on that. but to be fair if he named all the shows or movies he was talking about. than i may agree with him even further. cause i may want to see those as well.

pferreira86

[13]Jan 29, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

if you read that article he did say that. & he's right as much as I HATE to say it. though since i love "Doctor Who" my focus is on that. but to be fair if he named all the shows or movies he was talking about. than i may agree with him even further. cause i may want to see those as well.

The thing is someone isn't going to know that they have a missing Doctor Who serial if what they've got has been labeled incorrectly. Someone checks online and finds out that their copy of Part 1 of Edge of Destruction isn't missing when the actual contents are Part 4 of The Tenth Planet so something else to consider as it has happened in the past.

wildhoney66

[14]Jan 29, 2012

oh i know, but you'd think after all these years, people would get their hands on a projector even if it's at a libary. to check their collection out. & even if it's labeled it could be as you said mislabed. & than go on any site & wikipedia most people have heard of, even if they don't go on it.

& if it's one that's one of the missing episodes there ya go. in short more people should check out what they have than they do.

pferreira86

[15]Feb 5, 2012

These tapes pass hands so much that people who 'inherit' them forget they've had them.

wildhoney66

[16]Feb 6, 2012

oh i'm sure. it just pisses me off that they at least don't take a look on what they DO have. & if it's a lost one.

wildhoney66

[17]Feb 6, 2012

that's all i mean

pferreira86

[18]Feb 26, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

oh i'm sure. it just pisses me off that they at least don't take a look on what they DO have. & if it's a lost one.

Perhaps the general public would be tempted more by a large cash reward than a life size Dalek?

wildhoney66

[19]Feb 27, 2012

i honestly dunno, but it can go either way. i figured they'd want a Dalek. cause ya can ALWAYS sell it if ya like. plus there's fans out there that have watched the show since it 1st aired back in November of (1963) & were kids back than. who prolly made their own Dalek. at least in the UK.

& well other countries too since the US didn't get it until (1975) i think? not counting the films of course. oddly enough i would have thought those films would have brought the show to the US back than. but maybe they didn't do that well ? at least in the US. anyways i'm sure there are fans out there who make their own Daleks of course. & if they buy old ones too i'm sure there's LOTS of people there too. but to have the BBC make you one. that'd be great to have. unfortunally i don't own any of these lost episodes. i wish i did

pferreira86

[20]Mar 4, 2012

Oh I don't care about the Dalek. I'm more interested in returning missing episodes back to the BBC archives.