Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Missing Episodes Found!

wildhoney66

[21]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 13

oh i know that. i didn't say everyone would love to own one. i'd rather have episodes as well. but they did to be fair prolly to entice the people who have these episodes & NOT know it. & perhaps to check their attic or wherever they keep their episodes. at least that's my guess.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dcpgaus

[22]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 16
    In Australia they are now showing Doctor No. 3 stories. But it was odd, the third episode of 'Ambassadors of Death' kept switching from color to black/white for various scenes. Is this one of the stories that they don't have a full set of episodes in color ?

wildhoney66

[23]Sep 14, 2012

i believe so. i can't remember if they have fixed that yet or not. look it up on wikipedia and they've got a list of all the dvd releases if you know where to look. they put out 'invasion of the dinosaurs' earlyier this year and that one had i believe 1 episode or was it 2? that was in black and white. and they have since fixed that. i believe you have the option to watch it that way if you want to.

i forget. i have that one on dvd. and they restored the color to that episode that was in b&w. ambassor of death. it may be you did find one of the serials that does have b&w episodes. from the 70's. they don't air the original show to my best of knowledge here in america.

but i'd be surprised if they did air the color version. cause there's just so many dvd's out there. i dunno if anyone wants to correct me by all means do.

pferreira86

[24]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 17

dcpgaus wrote:
    In Australia they are now showing Doctor No. 3 stories. But it was odd, the third episode of 'Ambassadors of Death' kept switching from color to black/white for various scenes. Is this one of the stories that they don't have a full set of episodes in color ?
    You are correct and a full colour story is something that has been worked on. Expect to see Ambassadors of Death 100% in colour when it arrives on DVD soon...

Edited on 09/23/2012 11:22am
    Edited 2 total times.

dcpgaus

[25]Sep 26, 2012
    I'm not sure if I going to run out and get the dvd for 'Ambassadors' . I found most of the first season stories for Doctor No. 3 very padded out. However, 'Inferno' was a lot of fun with the Brigadier and Liz acting like Nazis - a good chance for the actors to show different sides of their characters. Now 'Mind of Evil' is on - and surprise, surprise, the first episode is in black/white too,

wildhoney66

[26]Sep 26, 2012

oh hell i plan on getting them all on dvd at some point. even the BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD ones that the show has.

i'm i guess you could say a completist. he he. i want the entire show of each show that i love. like say 'Dallas' i want the entire series on dvd.

or 'Bones' where season 6 is easily the worst season it also had 'the doctor in the photo' which is a MUST watch cause it's easily the best one from that season. my point is i have seasons 1-4 so far of that show and i plan on getting them all on dvd. now it's the same for 'Doctor Who"

i have 'the Aztecs' on dvd and that serial bores the hell out of me. so i just listen to the audio commentary which is a LOT of fun actually.

marco polo also is pretty boring and waaaaaaaaaaaaay over long as well. anyways i bought 2 more tonight! 'Death to the daleks' and "the vengeance of varos' while i've only seen 1 colin baker serial so far. i forget which one and it was pretty bad to be honest. or i may have watched 2 or 3? i forget anyways now i have 27 and if you count the 3-disc set of 'The space museum" and 'the chase" i have #29 serials. so far anyways.

dcpgaus

[27]Sep 28, 2012
    You are a very sad case - getting all of a series - even if the individual stories are really bad! Just kidding!!! I used to like Bones too - but then they had that horrible story where Zac was the bad guy's helper and they got rid of Zac that way! Ahhhhh - horrible, unrealistic, and awful.....and how long can you string out the romance between Booth/Bones, it went on for far, far, far too long...

Back to the Mind of Evil - even though its in black/white, you can still see they must have spent a lot of money on it. Lots of outside filiming, the sets are huge, and lots of fighting/action scenes - and they even look like they had a missile in one of the shots! But the Doctor/Jo don't get a lot to do - and the main scenes look like an action drama as opposed to Doctor Who show.

wildhoney66

[28]Sep 28, 2012

so you left Bones during when season 3 ended? i admit hart hanson has done some dumb things and that's me being polite. i'd prolly get bleeped and rightly so cause of how stupid i think it was to get rid of Zack and totally destory that character. i know this isn't a bones board so don't worry

the whole post wont' be about it. i think you are right though they did drag on far to long the will they or won't they storyline. in season 6 which the 1st half sucked. up to 'the doctor in the photo' one you should check out by the way. to help you look that was aired in december.

we have various interns now. it's stupid granted but i'm now used to it. hodge and angela now are married and have a kid. and in season 6 if you watch the 1st half of it you see from interviews i've seen or read that bones was suppose to be falling in love with booth but trying to deny it. but the way it's written is to have her character talk about the different cultures which i know is who she is, but waaaaaaay more than usual. to the point you lose track on how much she talks about it. on just one episode. that's the 1st half. the 2nd half is a better part.

which was a relief to me. but they got them together at the end of season 6 where i forget what happend but booth was trying to keep bones safe so they end up sleeping together. it's barely even hinted at. not shown or anything. by that night they now have a daughter. and last season the 7th the writing started out not very good for having them together. it got better later on and so far is more believable this season. but you may like the current season. it's got a good villan right now going on, to the point at the end of last season she gets framed for murder i know done before. but in the way it's done it's pretty creative actually. she takes her daughter with her and goes on the lam. leaving booth at home.

this is a good villain they this time. anyways my apologies on having that be so long. cause i know this isn't the right board for it. but back to doctor who. yes that's how i am i just can't own some of the seasons and not the rest, even if they are bad. it just feels unfinished to me.

i have copies of the entire MSTK3000 series even the KTMA years. well if you leave out the lost episodes that jim mallon has. and i still am buying that on dvd. that's just released differently than most shows. even doctor who.

my favorite doctor is david tennat actually. and no he wasn't my 1st doctor i guess the term is. the 1st time i watched doctor who was when the current show premired here in (2006) and the dude before 'Tennant' was on the show. i don't count him cause frankly whenever i watch that season it takes me awhile to get used to him. and i was just starting to get into the show. than by the end of it he was really good in it than he dies and well regenerates, so it's kind of hard to judge a guy who plays the character by just 13 episodes.

as for the original series it varies to be honest. i've only seen the first 3 doctors entirely if you count recons mind you.

and Pertwee's isn't my favorite doctor but he does have a lot of good ones. the best ones i think seem to be the ones where you can tell they are having fun in the role. it shows in the 1st doctor but not at the start of the series, the 2nd doctor you can tell had fun sorry i can't ever spell his last name right. and i know pertwee had fun too but in the early ones he did no matter if he was suppose to be angry about being stranded on earth. i get that, he seemed to treat his 1st companion like shit. maybe not in all the serials and that just seems not like the doctor.

i've been watching 'the keys of marinus' and that's one of my favorites cause it's just different that they normally would do. at least at the time anyways. have them be forced to look for keys and in each episode it's a different danger, than it's a murder trial near the end of it than after that's done it's back to the norm where they save this or that race from whatever danger. it's different like that and that's why i love it.

the aztec's for me just drags on far to long.how about you?

dcpgaus

[29]Sep 29, 2012

I've never seen the 'Atzecs' or 'Keys' on tv - but I have read the books. I love the 'Atzecs'! Barbara is given a big role and all the characters have their storylines. As for the 'Keys', its really, really boring. Its seems to be cobbled together with cliff-hanger episodes that are easily resolved. Maybe the 'Keys' looks much better on tv than in the book. I am waiting for the tv stories where the doctor/jo have much more fun. The first story with Jo - she looked like a scatter-brain but in the next story ('Mind of Evil') - she is very sensible and helpful! Maybe the writers forgot who they were writing for. I am also comparing this Master with the Master with David Tennant's Doctor. This Master seems to be more real and believable. The Master with David Tennant made me cringe. He was so crazy and out-there, that I didn't like the stories he was in.

Edited on 09/29/2012 9:03am
    Edited 2 total times.

wildhoney66

[30]Sep 29, 2012

oh hell you are nuts my friend watch these serials. i agree barbra has a bigger role and i do love that they gave her that. but i dunno it just bores me, i don't much care for the history ones cause there's a lot of them that do bore me. that doesn't mean i prefer the monster of the week format

either. take 'The Ark' that's a good serial where part of it is in one timeline than they go back and it's like i think a thousand years later in that same place and the way it's done is pretty creative i think. i have only 1 of the books but i forget which one it is at the moment.

as for 'the master' you can't judge the original one by the current one or hell any of the other ones we had after the original master. that's a bit like comparing each doctor to one another. all of them are different in their own way. the 1st doctor for example was the grandfather who was also a grumpy old man. but he also could have fun as well. the 2nd one looks like he's having fun all the time even when he's captured or about to die. the 3rd was more serious but also had a bit of fun too. he was more action more or less. tome baker was the fun kind.

i could go on but of the original show those are the ones i know the best. honestly i was around when the show was on in the 80's here in the US and i honestly don't remember it even BEING ON! not saying it wasn't but just i don't remember anyone i know that actually watched it. i don't think i had heard of it at all until the dvd's started to come out! i didn't pay attention to what it was at all though. and until we got the reboot in (2006) that was the 1st time i ever watched anything for the show. well either version. as for the master i enjoy the current one we have,

though i think he was the 1st master i ever saw. when i watch any of the others i don't say to myself gee the current one is better. each had or has their own style. nobody could copy the original at all. it's a bit like 'davors sorry for my bad spelling i'm used to the one in 'destiny for the daleks' where the actor who played him is someone else, than i watch the ones with the original actor or whoever and it's weird seeing them play that character. cause the voices and styles are different i'm sure. the voices are though.

pferreira86

[31]Sep 30, 2012

Just to let you know The Ambassadors of Death is now available on DVD. Good timing with the query!Smile

wildhoney66

[32]Oct 1, 2012

i saw on IMDB well the board for doctor who that we will get 13 releases next year. which is a big downfall from the i think 23 we will get this year. but i think they said 'reign of terror' comes out next summer or whatever it's called?

wildhoney66

[33]Oct 1, 2012

i forgot to add that is going to have animation for the lost episodes. which honestly i have no problem with cause i'd rather have them animated and have them on dvd, than not to have them at all. now don't get me wrong the recons are fun to watch, but some of them like 'the abandimable

snowman and sorry for my bad spelling, that the only time in that serial i know that anything is going on is the found episode, the rest of it whoever did that recon did it so damn poorly that you can't read what's going on at all cause the subittles that was added for the recons was

put down so far below the screen that i get confused on what's going on at all! i know the recons are meant not to look good but they should at least make them at least readable! ya know if the sound is terrible for example.

archangelwho

[34]Oct 6, 2012
    • level: 18

wildhoney66 wrote:

i forgot to add that is going to have animation for the lost episodes. which honestly i have no problem with cause i'd rather have them animated and have them on dvd, than not to have them at all. now don't get me wrong the recons are fun to watch, but some of them like 'the abandimablesnowman and sorry for my bad spelling, that the only time in that serial i know that anything is going on is the found episode, the rest of it whoever did that recon did it so damn poorly that you can't read what's going on at all cause the subittles that was added for the recons wasput down so far below the screen that i get confused on what's going on at all! i know the recons are meant not to look good but they should at least make them at least readable! ya know if the sound is terrible for example.

They done one of #2 with animation and I think it went well. I looked forward to them if this is true.

wildhoney66

[35]Oct 6, 2012

i read recently there is one lost one that they only had money enough for 2 to be animated so far anyways, i forget which serial it was though ?

wildhoney66

[36]Oct 7, 2012

well tonight i finally finished watching 'The sensorites' which i bought earlyier this year. that's still one of my favorite serials they did in the early years. now i'm on 'Reign of Terror' which honest is a pretty damn good serial. i'm not really a fan of the history stuff to be honest, but this one i enjoy a LOT! it's got a good story and humor as well. i think it's prolly my favorite one of the history ones, i can't wait until they put this onto dvd next year.

pferreira86

[37]Oct 7, 2012

Apart from The Reign of Terror being animated The Tenth Planet or The Ice Warriors is the story that will also be animated. Should look good. Oh yeah, I also met Matt Smith yesterday at the London Film & TV Comic Con for a photo session. It was cool!Smile

wildhoney66

[38]Oct 7, 2012

1. if you look at you tube someone posted a video from i'm guessing a doctor who convention where it shows a coming soon for 'reign of terror'

i watched it last night, this video it's by the looks of it you can tell shot from an audience and they just showed a few scenes from it and how it was made or something like that. it was only like 5 minutes long. it wasn't no entire scene or anything like that. the animation by the looks of it

are pretty damn good! but yes i don' t really care for the history ones but reign of terror i do enjoy. cause it's one of that's that's well written and well acted and it's a perfect doctor who story. while marco polo i saw a fan made one that they animated themselves. on you tube and that just bored the hell out of me. 'the aztecs' is also to me anyways a boring one. but Reign of terror i can at least say i do love.

i'm glad that at least most of it is found! even if only 2 episodes are lost that's what still about 85% of it. cause it's a 6 part story.

wildhoney66

[39]Oct 7, 2012

oh sorry i forgot to add, you met Matt Smith? that's so cool man, he actually seems like a down to earth guy from the interviews i've seen him in.

i can't say that about all the doctors you understand. but some of them i think are.

dcpgaus

[40]Oct 10, 2012

pferreira86 wrote:

Apart from The Reign of Terror being animated The Tenth Planet or The Ice Warriors is the story that will also be animated. Should look good. Oh yeah, I also met Matt Smith yesterday at the London Film & TV Comic Con for a photo session. It was cool!Smile

I saw the 'Weeping Angels' episode where Rory/Amy die/disappear. Matt Smith had some good scenes trying to come to terms with their loss. I'm coming around to Matt as the Doctor... I am also watching the "Daemons" story with Doctor No. 3 and Jo on tv. I remember this being one of my favourites with the whole devil/occult thing going on and good location shooting taking place. The Doctor/Jo/Mike/Benton and the Master all had their moments in this story. However, on tv the picture quality is cloudy and blurry in some places and the editing isn't very good either. Is this on dvd - and has it been improved.

ps. This is the second time I tried to enter this. The first time tv.com crashed while I did it!