Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Missing Episodes Found!

wildhoney66

[41]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 13

1stly it took me awhile to get used to matt smith as well. but i long ago fell in love with how he portrayed him. but i still don't like his outfit. i prefer 'david tennents' outfit. but oh well. and yes i think it is on dvd. check it out you can either check wikipedia or tvshows on dvd.com

and i enjoyed the midseason finale but i just didn't like how they killed? amy and rory. that's all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[42]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 17

wildhoney66 wrote:

oh sorry i forgot to add, you met Matt Smith? that's so cool man, he actually seems like a down to earth guy from the interviews i've seen him in.

i can't say that about all the doctors you understand. but some of them i think are.

He's a nice person and seemed very happy to meet me. I guess these actors remember who have had their autographs signed and as I was just going to a photo shoot he spoke to me a little bit more as he didn't recognise my face from the signings table.

wildhoney66

[43]Oct 14, 2012

it's always nice to know that someone like say Matt Smith is a nice guy. you don't always hear that. he loves his fans it sounds like and knows that's how he got famous. if fans didn't love doctor who like we do my friend he wouldn't be famous and it sounds like he knows this.

and it's nice to hear.

wildhoney66

[44]Oct 18, 2012

i have since bought, 'dalek invasion of earth, the web planet, the ark, the war machines' the rescue/the romans' the time meddler, and the horrid

'the gunfighters' which may be horrible but like i said i'm going to get all of them and yes even the bad ones. though the audio commentary on

gunfighters is suppose to be a good one. hmm...? so i now got #34 dvd's of the series so far.

pferreira86

[45]Oct 21, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

it's always nice to know that someone like say Matt Smith is a nice guy. you don't always hear that. he loves his fans it sounds like and knows that's how he got famous. if fans didn't love doctor who like we do my friend he wouldn't be famous and it sounds like he knows this.

and it's nice to hear.

Yeah, him and Dean Cain were nice people in person. The commentary for The Gunfighters is okay but nothing special. I'm not sure why it's seen as so terrible. There are worse 1st Doctor stories out there!Wink

wildhoney66

[46]Oct 22, 2012

well the audio commentary for 'the gunfighters' has to be better than the actual serial! he he. do you happen to own 'the resceue/the romans' on dvd? it's a 2 disc set that came out 3 years ago. i just bought that recently. and the commentary is great. the moderator who does it is "Toby'

i forget his last name but if you bought' "The sensorites' which came out in i think Jan. of this year. there's a short on the dvd as an extra where

the guy goes on a search for "Peter R. Newman' which is the guy who wrote that story for the show. cause he only did 1 serial and he i guess also write a couple Hammer films before that. anyways, on the extra he's the guy who goes looking for more info. anyways on the audio commetnary for 'the rescue/the romans' they are VERY funny because they are very informative and this dude knows his shit.

he goes this happend and why did it happend. william russell and the guy 'richard martin;' who directed these goes really? that happend i don't really remember this cause it is over 40 years ago and he even went on one where he was told by this moderator so for this scene you wanted to re-film this part but you didn't have the time and richard martin goes really? i don't remember that it must have been because one of the actors asked me to. cause they weren't satisified with their performance. meaning the fat guy who played nero in "The romans' i guess she was good friends with "Jacky Hill' i can't spell her 1st name so bear with me. anways in real life so that's how he got the role. she asked him when his name was brought up to be cast. if he wanted to do it or not? on the scene that's when richard martin goes well if you would have asked me 40 years i prolly would have an answer for you. funny thing though

many times where he goes to the moderator if it's in your notes it must be true. and it's funny, it to me doesn't give you the impression that he thinks he knows everything. he did his research before they had their commentary. and his questions were good ones as well. though they aren't my favorite serials of season 2. you should pick that one up. i'm currently listening to 'the romans' and i'm on part 3. which i have yet to put on.

dcpgaus

[47]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 16
    Just finished watching the Three Doctors story. This is one story where the special effects can be improved. When the anti-matter creatures come out of the ground/etc, it looks pretty ordinary. Even the larger anti-matter creatures don't look very threatening. Has this been "improved" on dvd ?

wildhoney66

[48]Oct 29, 2012

actually on the special edition it hasn't. but i can see your point. 'the planet of evil' does need that as well. but what they should have done is do the have the normal FX on it. and also give you the option to put the NEW CGI FX on as well. i dunno if i'd buy it again for that. but it's one that i think did need it.

archangelwho

[49]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 18

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

and it's nice to hear.

Yeah, him and Dean Cain were nice people in person. The commentary for The Gunfighters is okay but nothing special. I'm not sure why it's seen as so terrible. There are worse 1st Doctor stories out there!Wink

It was the commentary for the Gunfighter which lead me to rewatch it from a new perspective and move it up on my list. It open the story up for me.

wildhoney66

[50]Nov 4, 2012

i think i recall you saying something about that awhile back. and that's partly why i wanted to buy it, the other reason is just this i want to own all of them on dvd. the various serials as i call them the good, the bad & the ugly.

archangelwho

[51]Nov 9, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

i think i recall you saying something about that awhile back. and that's partly why i wanted to buy it, the other reason is just this i want to own all of them on dvd. the various serials as i call them the good, the bad & the ugly.

Correct. Your mind is working better than you think.

wildhoney66

[52]Nov 9, 2012

well i have my moments my friend, i couldn't remember who said it but i did remember it being said so i'm half way there at least. he he.

so like i said that got me curious on the dvd release of it. i've been watching well the Recon. of "The Crusade' not the best one but an ok one.

pferreira86

[53]Nov 11, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

well i have my moments my friend, i couldn't remember who said it but i did remember it being said so i'm half way there at least. he he.

so like i said that got me curious on the dvd release of it. i've been watching well the Recon. of "The Crusade' not the best one but an ok one.

Not a bad DVD but could've had more on it.

wildhoney66

[54]Nov 12, 2012

have you ever noticed how greedy people are with these extra's? let's face it all the releases to my knowledge has extra's. i'm currently watching

my "Space Museum' dvd i watched part 1 before bed. and it's got an extra called "The doctor on holiday' and it's a spoof and it's a really stupid extra that really honestly did NOT need to even be made! it's not funny at all it's boooooooooring i love british humor don't get me wrong. 'monty

python' is funny as hell but when they do these spoofs they just aren't funny. anyways honestly yes some serial dvd's has more extra's than others there's no denying that. but really it doesn't piss me off or anything that it's like that. some people say 'The Time Meddler' needs more extras cause it doesn't have as many as say 'Death to the daleks' well it like i said doesn't bother me cause as long as it's got some material on it and it isn't a bare bones release i'm happy with it ya know?

if you look at some movies like say my dvd release of the original "Halloween 2' put out my Good Times which is pretty much i believe i had to look it up. it came out in (199 that has nothing on it but the film. yes it's letterboxed but it's got no trailer just the film. that's a release for example that NEEDED more on it. i plan on getting rid of it anyways cause i recently got that on blu-ray. but that's what upsets me is when studio's do a bare bones release and if they are going to put one out at least put the trailer on it. the doctor who releases aren't like that at all. they always

have extra's on it. and i'm happy with that. some of the extra's may not be as good as other releases but that's really expected if ya really wanting to think about it. and that's fine. anyways sorry about my ramblings here. just trying to make a point that's all

archangelwho

[55]Nov 13, 2012

As for me I enjoy the extras as much or more than the story after the 1st few watching and would have been willing to pay more for more and/or better extras.

wildhoney66

[56]Nov 13, 2012

honestly for some of the releases they i think ask for far to much, it can get terrible on some releases on the original show but i've seen the current show well the 1st season selling for $80.00 and i'm sorry as much as i love both shows and i do. that price is just NOT worth it no matter how many extra's are on it.

i watched part 1 to 'the space musuem' last night and the 1st part is a great episode i think. it kinda reminds me of a 'twilight zone' episode

i can't remember if there was one that actually was a bit like the 1st part to 'the space museum' even if there are aliens in it or not.

but having time stop pretty much and having them having to catch up to it and that shot with them looking at themselves is pure twilight zone influence i think. what do you think?

dcpgaus

[57]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 16

wildhoney66 wrote:

actually on the special edition it hasn't. but i can see your point. 'the planet of evil' does need that as well. but what they should have done is do the have the normal FX on it. and also give you the option to put the NEW CGI FX on as well. i dunno if i'd buy it again for that. but it's one that i think did need it.

Now I am watching the 'Invasion of the Dinosaurs' with Doctor No. 3 and Sarah. Its amazing to see how quickly Lis Sladen clicked with Jon Pertwee in their first story and it continues in this story. And I know that in the past, money wasn't available to make the dinosaurs look a little better - but in this story, they look so amateur. When I compare this story to the current doctor and the dinosaurs on the space ship story - wow! It was incredible to see the dinosaurs running around on the ship!!!! Have the special effects been fixed on dvd for Doctor No. 3 story? Please say yes...if only somebody had some extra money to fix the special effects on some of the older stories - I know, I've said this before...

archangelwho

[58]Nov 18, 2012

dcpgaus wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

Now I am watching the 'Invasion of the Dinosaurs' with Doctor No. 3 and Sarah. Its amazing to see how quickly Lis Sladen clicked with Jon Pertwee in their first story and it continues in this story. And I know that in the past, money wasn't available to make the dinosaurs look a little better - but in this story, they look so amateur. When I compare this story to the current doctor and the dinosaurs on the space ship story - wow! It was incredible to see the dinosaurs running around on the ship!!!! Have the special effects been fixed on dvd for Doctor No. 3 story? Please say yes...if only somebody had some extra money to fix the special effects on some of the older stories - I know, I've said this before...

I think it would be great to redone all of the old shows lnie by line but with today special effects. No they could not get the actors 100% but they could come close. Again no changes but the special effects and actors. There were some great stories lost due to money and special effects and some poor stoies that could be made better. Yet, we stilllive it and watch them over and over 40 plus years later. God save the Queen!

Edited on 11/18/2012 12:04pm

pferreira86

[59]Nov 18, 2012

dcpgaus wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

No. the isn't a CGI option unfortunately.

I love DVD extras, especially Doctor Who ones. In fact the reason I really started to get into Who was because of the 2 disc DVD of Genesis of the Daleks. The extras make you appreciate the amount of effort or lack of in some cases that went into an episode. It's informative and fun. I can't honestly think of any TV show that's been treated this well on DVD.

archangelwho

[60]Nov 18, 2012

pferreira86 wrote:

dcpgaus wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

No. the isn't a CGI option unfortunately.

I love DVD extras, especially Doctor Who ones. In fact the reason I really started to get into Who was because of the 2 disc DVD of Genesis of the Daleks. The extras make you appreciate the amount of effort or lack of in some cases that went into an episode. It's informative and fun. I can't honestly think of any TV show that's been treated this well on DVD.

WE have a number of shows and movies with no extras. I would not think it would cost much to add some. Many of the Doctor Who extars seems to be things also done.