Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Missing Episodes Found!

archangelwho

[61]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 18

wildhoney66 wrote:

honestly for some of the releases they i think ask for far to much, it can get terrible on some releases on the original show but i've seen the current show well the 1st season selling for $80.00 and i'm sorry as much as i love both shows and i do. that price is just NOT worth it no matter how many extra's are on it.

i watched part 1 to 'the space musuem' last night and the 1st part is a great episode i think. it kinda reminds me of a 'twilight zone' episode

i can't remember if there was one that actually was a bit like the 1st part to 'the space museum' even if there are aliens in it or not.

but having time stop pretty much and having them having to catch up to it and that shot with them looking at themselves is pure twilight zone influence i think. what do you think?

Planet of the Giants has that TZ feel to it also. Enjoied it. This was the 1st time I had ever watch it. The extras are great also.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[62]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 13

this is true some shows don't have any extra's. but the doctor who ones seem to have good ones. or maybe some crap ones and some good ones

like on 'the aztecs' dvd it's got some good extras and some bad ones on it too. but generally the BBC and the company that makes these sets are i think pretty damn good on making the sets with extras. each serial set has extras on it. so i'm happy with that.

my point is that people these days seem to complain if they don't have 3,000 things on it like say 'the lord of the ring's extended editions for dvd.

those have a LOT on those. yes that's for an A list movie but that was something i was using as an example. now if you want a great show with lousy extras try the show 'Dallas' the original show that is, there's some seasons that have audio commentary, most don't. some have 1 documentary's on it and only like 1 if that. the other have it's just the episodes and that's it.

the shows quality ya know picture and all that varies. some of them don't look to bad. and others do. what warners did NEED to do was remaster the entire series which i don't think they did. in short they didn't give a flying fux about the show at all. and yes i on purpose spelled that wrong.

that is an example of a company not caring about the shows fans or the product either. kinda like how paramount is disgusted with the friday the 13th series and it took eons and years before they put those on dvd. and release anything from the series. which is why they i'm sure sold the series but not the name to NEW line. to create new films way back in (1992) or (1993) sorry for going off track about doctor who but you get what i'm saying i'm sure.

pferreira86

[63]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 17

wildhoney66 wrote:

like on 'the aztecs' dvd it's got some good extras and some bad ones on it too. but generally the BBC and the company that makes these sets are i think pretty damn good on making the sets with extras. each serial set has extras on it. so i'm happy with that.

The Aztecs is getting a special edition release next year with the recently discovered episode of Galaxy 4 as a bonus!Wink

wildhoney66

[64]Nov 25, 2012

oh i know i heard about that awhle back. i can''t wait until "Shada' comes out in Jan. that's going to be a good release i think. and i of course can't wait until i see those lost episodes of course.

archangelwho

[65]Dec 4, 2012

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

The Aztecs is getting a special edition release next year with the recently discovered episode of Galaxy 4 as a bonus!Wink

So this is how they plan to get us to buy shows we already have. Where are they going to place the other newly found episode?

pferreira86

[66]Dec 9, 2012

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

So this is how they plan to get us to buy shows we already have. Where are they going to place the other newly found episode?

What...you already own the discovered Galaxy 4 episode? Not bad, very cool.Tongue out

wildhoney66

[67]Dec 11, 2012

no i was talking about the one that comes out next year. i own the (2003) edition of "The Aztecs' on dvd. i got that for $5.00 bucks a couple years back used. i was talking about how nobody seems to ever be happy no matter how many extra's are on dvd's. if we had 3,000 extra's people would say there's far to many. if it was less than that say 500 people would want more or something like that.

i'm one of those people where i'm happy with the extra's we get on the dvd's. i buy them for the serials NOT the extra's.and though i love to watch the extra's. don't get me wrong i just don't really think to much about them at all honestly. if we didn't get any at all than yes i would be complaining but since pretty much all of the releases that have come out going back to the very 1st serial ever put on dvd has them than i have nothing to complain about.

archangelwho

[68]Dec 15, 2012

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

What...you already own the discovered Galaxy 4 episode? Not bad, very cool.Tongue out

So if the Galaxy 4 is being put on The Aztecs where is the other one being put?

wildhoney66

[69]Dec 15, 2012

i believe since "Galaxy Four' has the least episodes found of the batch that were found last year. they did that way instead of putting out another lost classics which is i think just plain stupid. they could have just added it. ahh i dunno anyways, i believe the rest of the episodes that were found are getting their own offical release.

since "The Underwater Menance' now has half the serial found they i believe put animation to it. and are putting that out next year at some point.

the same with the other episode as well. oh 'The Reign of terror' if you look in tvshows on dvd.com it gives you more info than me. and that's getting an offical release with cover art that's been released it by the looks of it looks like the old cover to the "Target' book of it back in the day.

i think they on that site said that was coming out in March i think? i am not 100% sure on that. i am curious though about one thing what is their plan going to be after the last of the releases are out? go back to all of the older releases and add stuff to them perhaps? make the picture look better on certain ones? i'm curious to what's next. to my best of knowledge that hasn't been decided yet. and if it has they are keeping quiet about it for right now.

wildhoney66

[70]Dec 19, 2012

i recently bought on Monday Season 5 of the current series of Doctor who on blu-ray and tonight i bought season 6. on blu-ray best buys this week had them for like $20.00! and i guess season 5 for $16.00! these are all on blu-ray. so i'll prolly trade in my season 6 dvd of season 6.

that i bought a few months back. anyways, i also bought the doctor who (1996) film that came out on dvd last year. they had that too. now i have #37 Doctor Who dvd's!

archangelwho

[71]Aug 9, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

Not the Galaxy 4 episode but I have The Aztecs already. I also got the Revistit set of Docotrs 1-4 which the Aztecs is part of. Which I was lead to believe was the SE with the Steven Moffat introduction add. It was not. In fact it did not even have the DVD extras of the 1st release. So now we can buy the Aztecs 3 times. What a rid off.

archangelwho

[72]Aug 9, 2013

I have always enjoied the interviews on the DVDs and the audio commentary. Some of my favorites has been Colin Baker, Peter Davison for the Doctors. For the companions William Russell, Frazer Hines and Peter Purves. I have gotten and 5 of The Lost TV Episodes audio soundtracks. I have really enjoied the interviews done by Anneke Wills and Wendy Podbury.Not only are there some of the greatest stories in these sets but I have gotten to know Polly, Ben and Victoria. As with Douglas Adams I wish Michael Craze was still alive to take part in the DVDs and audios. A lost for us fans.

pferreira86

[73]Aug 12, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

I have always enjoied the interviews on the DVDs and the audio commentary. Some of my favorites has been Colin Baker, Peter Davison for the Doctors. For the companions William Russell, Frazer Hines and Peter Purves. I have gotten and 5 of The Lost TV Episodes audio soundtracks. I have really enjoied the interviews done by Anneke Wills and Wendy Podbury.Not only are there some of the greatest stories in these sets but I have gotten to know Polly, Ben and Victoria. As with Douglas Adams I wish Michael Craze was still alive to take part in the DVDs and audios. A lost for us fans.

Michael Craze was interviewed for Myth Makers back in 1985 but yeah that was a long time ago. Also a loss for us fans.

dcpgaus

[74]Aug 15, 2013
    • level: 16
    I don't want a lot of extras. I just want them to "enhance" the special effects/scenery on some of the stories. Make them look more real/better! Is that too much to ask...

archangelwho

[75]Aug 18, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

Michael Craze was interviewed for Myth Makers back in 1985 but yeah that was a long time ago. Also a loss for us fans.

I will have to pull the Myth Maker out and watch the extras. I for you enjoy the extras and watch them along with the audio commentaries more often than I do the stories. Manny times I base if I pay a DVD on the extras.

pferreira86

[76]Aug 25, 2013

Genesis of the Daleks DVD made me appreciate Doctor Who and got me into it. The extras on the DVDs allow you to understand the story better, the hard work everyone put into it on such a tight budget.

wildhoney66

[77]Aug 29, 2013

i think people are a bit too damn obessed with getting extra's folks. now don't get me wrong i love them as much as anyone here. and i hate bare bones releases. but if the loss of certain things that may be boring. cause let's face it, there are special features on various releases that are pretty boring to me. don't get me wrong some of them are quite good, but i agree i love it when they enhance the FX as well. and as iv'e said many times on here, i also love that they give you the option as well to watch the original episode as it was first shown as well. as for me? i always watch the added Fx over the original airing anyways.

when i bought Death to the Daleks wasn't it? where they filmed extra scenes for the serial. that at first pissed me pretty off that they would do that. than i watched the making of it and discovered why the did to it. and why and it wasn't just to add footage, than for me it made sense all they did was add some extra Daleks and i forget what those creatures were called. to make it more believable that they were well surrounded. and the fx for the weapons and the daleks were i think better as well. so it did help the serial i think. but like i said when i first saw they filmed extra scenes i was pissed and i thought WTF? good serial either way. anyways i was at best buys today. and sadly they didn't have jack shit

of DW releases. i haven't gotten a new one in quite awhile and they must be selling well cause i haven't seen any ones i need in awhile.

also another thing where i went WTF as well is i was looking at cd's and yes i still buy them. and they last time had all the Stones albums and they didn't have really anything at all. or any queen either. each time i looked up a band or artist i like all they had was their greatest hits.

even the temptations who i love. my point is i want the albums NOT the greatest hits. sorry for going off topic a bit guys but it just really got me mad on how bad best buys has gotten. WTF? ya know?

archangelwho

[78]Aug 31, 2013

Tru BBCAmericaShop.com the cost is lower most of the time, no sale taxes and S/H is free often and always after spending $500.

pferreira86

[79]Sep 1, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

i think people are a bit too damn obessed with getting extra's folks. now don't get me wrong i love them as much as anyone here. and i hate bare bones releases. but if the loss of certain things that may be boring. cause let's face it, there are special features on various releases that are pretty boring to me. don't get me wrong some of them are quite good, but i agree i love it when they enhance the FX as well. and as iv'e said many times on here, i also love that they give you the option as well to watch the original episode as it was first shown as well. as for me? i always watch the added Fx over the original airing anyways.

Don't you like to understand how they made the show?

archangelwho

[80]Sep 2, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

I will have to pull the Myth Maker out and watch the extras. I for you enjoy the extras and watch them along with the audio commentaries more often than I do the stories. Manny times I base if I pay a DVD on the extras.

The Myth Maker I hvae is a CD and Steven is the male companion. Where else could I find the interview?