Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Most destructive villain ?

dcpgaus

[1]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 16

While I watch some stories on Doctor Who, some villains stand out as quite mad and willing todestroy anything in their way. Leaving out recurring enemies such as the Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans and Ice Warriors - which villains do you think were prepared to go all the way to get what they wanted...

Watching 'The Mutants' with Doctor No. 3, I think the Marshal deserves special mention as he was prepared to wipe out an entire species to clear the way for Earthmen. And in the 'Invasion of the Dinosaurs' with Doctor No. 3, the character of Grover almost achieved wiping out the history of mankind to bring on a new golden age for the selected few.

Edited on 11/24/2012 3:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 13

i dunno honestly, 'the master' is one of them. if you are talking about leaving out the per say monsters like you the dalek's. and have these villians played by humans well obviosuly but i meant played as to look like as human. 'the android invasion' is another good one.

'the brain of morbeous' or however that's spelled? where the 4th doctor and sarah jane land on a planet where we have a dr. frankenstein. and though i think the serial itself is a weak one. i gotta admit i loved him telling the doctor you've got a good big head. and he replies oh thank you thank you very much. not really sure what to say to that. there's also that one serial with the 4th doctor that is a bit like the story of "The thing'

i forget the name of it. the story is like this, a group of well scienctits and sorry for my bad spelling are at a place in the middle of nowhere where it's cold just like in the film 'the thing' either version' the (1982) version of the (1951) version and instead of having the entire serial take place there the thing that takes over ones body. someone brings it back to london and though that is alien, the person who put the stuff on a human to begin with is a human being. how's that?

dcpgaus

[3]Nov 25, 2012
    Lets leave out the Master too. He's in too many stories where he wants to wipe out the opposition. I love the 'Brain of Morbius'. Its great fun. The Sisters want to kill the Doctor, Solon wants his brain, Cordo just wants his arm back, Sarah is blind and fumbling around in the horror operating room and Morbius just wants to be alive! And we get some back story to the Timelords....Yea! Of course it rips off several older movies...

wildhoney66

[4]Nov 25, 2012

ok fair enough. ok how about 'the war games' serial i forget who the villians are cause it's been awhile since i last watched it but 'the master' wasn't in that one.

since i haven't seen the whole series and even if i had, it's hard as hell to try to figure out who is the most destructive villan! without it being the normal vililans as you already pointed out that we should leave out. it's quite a conudrum you posted here my friend.

dcpgaus

[5]Nov 27, 2012

I never saw the Wargames story on tv but I remember reading the book many years ago. I think the evil Timelord (called Warlord I think?) also qualifies for the Destructive Villain award. I think this guy was prepared to use many people from different times/ages to kill each other. I can't remember what the purpose was ? Was there one ?

wildhoney66

[6]Nov 27, 2012

the time lords weren't the villans in "The war games' the 2nd doctor had to contact them for help in order to stop the people who were causing all the crap going on. it was an event i guess you could call it that was even over his head. and as punishment from him getting too involved with the time and space continuiem. sorry about my spelling, they got rid of the memories of poor jamie and zoey. and we this is the one where they forced a regeneration on him. and that's how we got the 3rd doctor.

i realize most people know how that went down but since it's been been years since you last saw it that's why i posted what happend.

it's one you should check out. maybe you tube or hell even this site maybe they can have it to watch. either way that's a set you SHOULD buy!

archangelwho

[7]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 18

My vote would go for the War Lord in War Games (2nd Doctor last story). To the end he was evil and demanding. By the way the War Chief was the evil Time Lord who worked for the War Lord in War Games.

wildhoney66

[8]Dec 6, 2012

how about that dude i forget his name in 'The Three Doctors" he was a time lord as well who lost his sanity when he was banished from them.

well if you've seen it you know who i mean.

dcpgaus

[9]Dec 7, 2012
    wildhoney66 wrote:

how about that dude i forget his name in 'The Three Doctors" he was a time lord as well who lost his sanity when he was banished from them.

Yes, yes its Omega. He was crazy too - prepared to wipe out all of the galaxy to become "real" again. Thinking about this, he's probably the most destructive. However, during the story only a few people died (if that) so we really didn't see lots of evidence of his destructive power...

archangelwho

[10]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 18

dcpgaus wrote:
    wildhoney66 wrote:

Yes, yes its Omega. He was crazy too - prepared to wipe out all of the galaxy to become "real" again. Thinking about this, he's probably the most destructive. However, during the story only a few people died (if that) so we really didn't see lots of evidence of his destructive power...

Where with the War Lord we saw what it was doing and heard others talk about what he has done.

wildhoney66

[11]Dec 7, 2012

i think so. i have that one on dvd but i forget the name of the villian. he he. i know time lords are techinally alien but they aren't dudes in costumes either my friend. so i think that should count shouldn't it?

dcpgaus

[12]Dec 10, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

i think so. i have that one on dvd but i forget the name of the villian. he he. i know time lords are techinally alien but they aren't dudes in costumes either my friend. so i think that should count shouldn't it?

Yes, they should count - some of the ones I mentioned were just humans (crazy nevertheless!). I saw the final episode of Doctor No. 3 where he dies after meeting the big spider. I hate spiders - and I remember seeing this story many years ago and it freaked me OUT when I saw the spiders on people's backs! Aggggghhhhhhhhhhh....and then the last episode with the massive spider queen - jesus, itscared the s**t out of me!!!! This is one story where I DON'T want the special effects/monsters enhanced and become more realistic - because I will never watch this story AGAIN!! The final scene with Sarah and the Doctor is great - and again shows the chemistry between Lis and her leading men.

Finally, the big, big spider also could be a supervillain - as she wanted to dominate over time and space. Not many evil villains could ever hope to do this...

wildhoney66

[13]Dec 11, 2012

well i'm not a fan of spiders either, but i guess they freak you out more so than i. anyways, it's called "Planet of the spiders' and it's a damn good serial. go in and know that it's fake. even if they do end up using CGI to make the FX better it's still fake my friend. it's STILL worth a watch.

in my book. honestly it's pretty damn hard to like i said come up with villians who aren't the normal doctor who villians like the daleks cause with each serial pretty much almost all of them want to end the world the doctor and his gang end up on it seems. so it's really hard to keep track on who's the worst. 'The Android Invasin' is a good serial. but i think the main villian is an alien though, have you seen that one?that's got sarah jane

as an android! and it kinda reminds me of that one episode of "The Twilight Zone' "The Lonely" where "Jack Warden' is a criminal and he gets put on a different planet and he's by himself until us humans come to earth and bring him an android well a woman and he falls in love with her. and she ends up getting destroyed and it's heart breaking actually cause you know she's not human. and he does end up going home cause the planet he's on ends up being a danger to him or something. and you have mixed feelings where you want him to stay there with his woman plus you want him to go home as well. it's the 7th episode of season 1 of the original show. have you seen it? that's what the android invasion reminds me of. the special FX remind me of them as well. maybe it was made i dunno with the same company or something? or rather maybe was inspired by it? the design i mean.