Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Shada

archangelwho

[1]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 18

Unlike Douglas Adams I liked the story. The overall DVD was very good I do wish there had been an audio commentary. I would like to see the Doctor revisit Professor Chronotis again. I really liked Chris Parsons and Clare Keightley and feel that both would have made good companions.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[2]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 17

archangelwho wrote:

Unlike Douglas Adams I liked the story. The overall DVD was very good I do wish there had been an audio commentary. I would like to see the Doctor revisit Professor Chronotis again. I really liked Chris Parsons and Clare Keightley and feel that both would have made good companions.

Personally I wish they'd spent some money and finished the serial. They could explain the continuity problems with the ageing the same way they did on Timecrash.

wildhoney66

[3]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 13

i think in their eyes they think far to many years have passed to finish it. that's i think what they said?

archangelwho

[4]Apr 9, 2013

The DVD extra talked how this was the time Tom Baker & Latta Ward was at the top of their game I'm unsure how long afterward when their problems started and how much they would have been willing to work together. Wonder how well they would work together today?

wildhoney66

[5]Apr 9, 2013

as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.

pferreira86

[6]Apr 14, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.

From what I understand the producer in charge of the Doctor Who DVDs (Dan Hall) said even if they agreed to do an audio commentary together he wouldn't put them in the same room as each other. I don't know. They may still speak to each other, I think it's a shame we can't see them together again.

I still think they could finish Shada, most of the cast are still alive and age shouldn't have anything to do with it if Peter Davison appeared in Time Crash.

wildhoney66

[7]Apr 14, 2013

well yes he did do that with the 10th doctor. but that was filmed years later. and it did work. Shada was filmed in (1979) over 30 years ago. Tom Baker doesn't even look the same like he did back than. i dunno about Lalla Ward though' or whatever the hell her name is?

i think it would be interesting if they did finish it though

archangelwho

[8]Apr 16, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

From what I understand the producer in charge of the Doctor Who DVDs (Dan Hall) said even if they agreed to do an audio commentary together he wouldn't put them in the same room as each other. I don't know. They may still speak to each other, I think it's a shame we can't see them together again.

I still think they could finish Shada, most of the cast are still alive and age shouldn't have anything to do with it if Peter Davison appeared in Time Crash.

As with C. Baker's coat I can over look age, weight, slowness of movement, even a misspoken word or 10 and just enjoy. I do not believe the age would be that big of a thing for the real fan and that who they would be doing it for.

wildhoney66

[9]Apr 16, 2013

actually i think that Colin Baker recently lost some weight though the really sad thing is that he now looks more like Tom baker! anyways i do see your point though

pferreira86

[10]Apr 21, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

wildhoney66 wrote:

As with C. Baker's coat I can over look age, weight, slowness of movement, even a misspoken word or 10 and just enjoy. I do not believe the age would be that big of a thing for the real fan and that who they would be doing it for.

Exactly!Smile