Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Shada

  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [1]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,226

    Unlike Douglas Adams I liked the story. The overall DVD was very good I do wish there had been an audio commentary. I would like to see the Doctor revisit Professor Chronotis again. I really liked Chris Parsons and Clare Keightley and feel that both would have made good companions.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [2]Apr 7, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,455

    archangelwho wrote:


    Unlike Douglas Adams I liked the story. The overall DVD was very good I do wish there had been an audio commentary. I would like to see the Doctor revisit Professor Chronotis again. I really liked Chris Parsons and Clare Keightley and feel that both would have made good companions.


    Personally I wish they'd spent some money and finished the serial. They could explain the continuity problems with the ageing the same way they did on Timecrash.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wildhoney66

    wildhoney66

    [3]Apr 7, 2013
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 850

    i think in their eyes they think far to many years have passed to finish it. that's i think what they said?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [4]Apr 9, 2013
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,226

    The DVD extra talked how this was the time Tom Baker & Latta Ward was at the top of their game I'm unsure how long afterward when their problems started and how much they would have been willing to work together. Wonder how well they would work together today?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wildhoney66

    wildhoney66

    [5]Apr 9, 2013
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 850

    as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [6]Apr 14, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,455

    wildhoney66 wrote:


    as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.


    From what I understand the producer in charge of the Doctor Who DVDs (Dan Hall) said even if they agreed to do an audio commentary together he wouldn't put them in the same room as each other. I don't know. They may still speak to each other, I think it's a shame we can't see them together again.


    I still think they could finish Shada, most of the cast are still alive and age shouldn't have anything to do with it if Peter Davison appeared in Time Crash.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wildhoney66

    wildhoney66

    [7]Apr 14, 2013
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 850

    well yes he did do that with the 10th doctor. but that was filmed years later. and it did work. Shada was filmed in (1979) over 30 years ago. Tom Baker doesn't even look the same like he did back than. i dunno about Lalla Ward though' or whatever the hell her name is?



    i think it would be interesting if they did finish it though

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [8]Apr 16, 2013
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,226

    pferreira86 wrote:


    wildhoney66 wrote:


    as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.


    From what I understand the producer in charge of the Doctor Who DVDs (Dan Hall) said even if they agreed to do an audio commentary together he wouldn't put them in the same room as each other. I don't know. They may still speak to each other, I think it's a shame we can't see them together again.


    I still think they could finish Shada, most of the cast are still alive and age shouldn't have anything to do with it if Peter Davison appeared in Time Crash.


    As with C. Baker's coat I can over look age, weight, slowness of movement, even a misspoken word or 10 and just enjoy. I do not believe the age would be that big of a thing for the real fan and that who they would be doing it for.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wildhoney66

    wildhoney66

    [9]Apr 16, 2013
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 850

    actually i think that Colin Baker recently lost some weight though the really sad thing is that he now looks more like Tom baker! anyways i do see your point though

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [10]Apr 21, 2013
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,455

    archangelwho wrote:


    pferreira86 wrote:


    wildhoney66 wrote:


    as far as i know they don't talk. which is why i believe you never see any audio commentary with the both of them from my understanding.


    From what I understand the producer in charge of the Doctor Who DVDs (Dan Hall) said even if they agreed to do an audio commentary together he wouldn't put them in the same room as each other. I don't know. They may still speak to each other, I think it's a shame we can't see them together again.


    I still think they could finish Shada, most of the cast are still alive and age shouldn't have anything to do with it if Peter Davison appeared in Time Crash.


    As with C. Baker's coat I can over look age, weight, slowness of movement, even a misspoken word or 10 and just enjoy. I do not believe the age would be that big of a thing for the real fan and that who they would be doing it for.


    Exactly!Smile

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.