Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

The Reign of Terror on DVD

wildhoney66

[21]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 13

than if you dislike the show why even watch every single episode? that to me is a fan, maybe NOT a die hard fan where you go to conventions and the such. but a fan none the less.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[22]Mar 29, 2013
    • level: 18

TheOldBill wrote:

I'm disappointed with the animation done for The Reign of Terror The animated episodes on The Invasion felt completely authentic, like a shot for shot recreation of the missing episodes. On RoT, the rapid cutting between viewpoints (camera angles) and repeated close ups make each animated episode look quite unlike the surviving episodes on the release (or, indeed, any BBC production from the 1960s). I'd only just rewatched the Loose Cannon recon of RoT, and I don't think the animation adds anything.

According to the official website, the forthcoming releases of Galaxy Four and The Ice Warriors will feature recons of the missing episodes, which leaves The Tenth Planet as the only as-yet unreleased DVD that could be considered for the animation treatment.

I did not care for the animation style. It made all of the faces look sunken almost death like. The rapid cutting was a distraction but again what done is done and if we bad mouth them to the point that it hurt sales we may not get any others. I guess after all these years we should be thankful but The Invasion was done so well it is hard.

wildhoney66

[23]Mar 29, 2013

i didn't think the animation was terrible i think it was pretty good, but the look they gave the characters was odd i gotta admit. i haven't seen

"The Invasion' yet well the dvd version with the animation anyways. but since i've seen far far worse animation i can live with the one for the "Reign of terror'

pferreira86

[24]Mar 31, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

than if you dislike the show why even watch every single episode? that to me is a fan, maybe NOT a die hard fan where you go to conventions and the such. but a fan none the less.

I had to watch because it's Superman! It was good to poke fun at it and to be fair the show did do a couple of well written episodes.

wildhoney66

[25]Mar 31, 2013

there a plenty of things from things i love that are just plain bad. Superman is one. i enjoy smallvile to be honest. i dunno how good or bad it ended up being though. but it's one of the better things that has the name superman on it. hell even things with doctor who has terrible things along with it. like say 'The Aztec's. for one. "Marco Polo' for another. 2 serials that literally bore me to death.

pferreira86

[26]Apr 7, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

there a plenty of things from things i love that are just plain bad. Superman is one. i enjoy smallvile to be honest. i dunno how good or bad it ended up being though. but it's one of the better things that has the name superman on it.

One of the better things with the Superman name on it? Now what you just said is one of those 'we agree to disagree' moments. We all have our opinions I guess.Wink

wildhoney66

[27]Apr 7, 2013

fair enough but i'd rather watch that any day over Superman 3. that's a terrible film. only good parts is him fighting the evil part of himself and the end where that woman turns into a robot. that used to give me nightmares actually. and i haven't seen superman 4 in years to say how bad that is to be fair. nor have i seen the Brandon Routh version either so i can't comment on that either.

to be fair. anyways, i watched a DW serial "The Mask of Mandgoria" which i spelled wrong by the way. it was a good one actually. next up is 'the hand of fear' Sarah Jane's last serial for the show.

pferreira86

[28]Apr 14, 2013

wildhoney66 wrote:

fair enough but i'd rather watch that any day over Superman 3. that's a terrible film. only good parts is him fighting the evil part of himself and the end where that woman turns into a robot. that used to give me nightmares actually. and i haven't seen superman 4 in years to say how bad that is to be fair. nor have i seen the Brandon Routh version either so i can't comment on that either.

Ha! Trust me, Superman III is great compared to Superman IV and Superman Returns!Cool

Edited on 04/14/2013 10:36am

wildhoney66

[29]Apr 14, 2013

well as a kid i used to love Superman 4 cause of it's cheesiness and such. and i always thought it was far better than part 3. but i haven't seen the 4th one in years so i dunno what my thoughts would be about it now as an adult.