Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Under Water Menace Ad

archangelwho

[1]Nov 5, 2013
    • level: 18

While looking up information on the Reel Time stories I ran across an ad to pre-order Under Water Menace. It was a UK company and I had plan on going back to read the ad but the kids wanted to go outside and I did not save the site.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[2]Nov 8, 2013
    • level: 19

Do you clear your browser history out as a matter of course, because it would still be in there if you don't.

The latest I've heard about Underwater Menace is no official release date yet with it being "some time after April".

Some responses from the BBC to the Doctor Who Archive site can be seen here -

http://doctorwhoarchive.com/2013/11/08/underwater-menace-dvd-not-to-be-released-until-after-april/

The bits that intrigue me are "We have yet to confirm the exact content of this release ", yet you would imagine they'd be pretty sure that it would be 2 animated and 2 actual episodes by now, unless there is something they can't say yet ;-)

The other bit was "The 2014 Classic Doctor Who schedule is still being worked on.", and yet Moonbase (2 animated), Web Of Fear, and Underwater Menace (2 animated) is pretty much all they have left (OK Crusade with 2 animated at a push). You wouldn't think there could be much more of a schedule left to work on.

wildhoney66

[3]Dec 7, 2013
    • level: 13

i agree but i hope they just do SE for all the serials that are older releases of course. i thought i read somewhere that there is going to be a SE of "The Dalek invasion of Earth. since the original releae is now 10 years old. i forget where the hell i read that though. and it was awhile ago. but i think that's suppose to come out next year if that is true.

i can't remember if that's what i read or not so bear with me guys. looking at my list of serials i see you are right, the rest of the serials that are lost have more than 2 episodes than are lost. and i believe that's their budget at the moment just 2 episodes per serial.

yes they can always do 'missions to the unkown' but that's pretty pointless to do that one when it's a prolog i believe it's called to 'the dalek's master plan which is clearly going to be expenseive as hell if they wanted to animate that one. i'd love to see it but unless more episodes are found it's highly unlikely

archangelwho

[4]Jun 27, 2014
    • level: 18

I ran across it on amazon.com for $22.48 pre-order. Note states that it has not yet been released and if the release price is less than $22.48 I will get the lowest price. I placed the pre-order. What do I have to lose?