Doctor Who (1963) Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Webcasts

archangelwho

[1]Jun 26, 2014
    • level: 18

Along with Scream of the Shalka there was two others Shada with Paul McGann and Real Time with Colin Baker. Are there any plans to release these on DVD? I e-mailed the BBC and asked but you have to go though so many pages and questions to send them an e-mail I'm unsure if they really want fans contacting them.

Edited on 06/26/2014 6:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[2]Jun 28, 2014
    • level: 19

The Paul McGann Shada is available on the Shada DVD, but bizarrely only playable on computer, they haven't converted it to a proper DVD format.

http://www.bbcshop.com/science-fiction/doctor-who-legacy-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3388

The FULL version of real time is available audio only from Big Finish -

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doctor-who-real-time-456

archangelwho

[3]Jun 28, 2014

I found it but cannot get it to play on my computer. My computer will play DVDs and CDs but not this. All I get is the grey control room background page with the notice that if I have access to a computer with a DVD-ROM....I have had trouble with my computer with other things. I cannot download foxfire. But at least I have it and I do plan to get a new computer in the next week or two so my kids can use my on some of there education sites.

steamheaduk

[4]Jul 1, 2014
    • level: 19

My copy is in the attic at the moment so I can't check, but I think what you are describing is trying to select the webcast from within the DVD menus. The menu entry on the DVD is only there to let you know there is PC only content. If I recall to play the webcast you have to browse the disk directories itself, find the main web page and double click that to play it on a PC.

archangelwho

[5]12 days ago

Got a reply from BBC Worldwide and right now there are no plans for any DVD release. But hopefullt I put the idea in the mind.