Doctor Who (1963)

Paradise Towers, Part Four

Aired Saturday 5:15 PM Oct 26, 1987 on BBC

6.3
  • Exciting This was the story ark that lead me down the path to liking this show and liking the new series as well, plus also made me get into other SF shows that didn’t involved Star Trek.

I put this review in the last part of this four-part story because it was the final part of this story. But for, living in the US, this aired as two hour movie, with all of the four parts aired in one shot, and not in the 45 minute serial format that would air once a week. I know that this story ark isn’t the best one out of the huge section of episodes that this long running series has produced, but for me this story ark is special to me; for it was the story that got me hooked into this show and expanded my scope in SF shows that had aired before. Image if you will, an eight year child living in the US, whom only espouse to SF was “Star Trek: The Next Generation”, watching this show that had nothing to deal with Star Trek and enjoying what I was seeing.
    Personally I didn’t mind the English accents, for me that added to exotic appeal that this show had to me whenever I saw an episode.