Dog the Bounty Hunter Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

Dog makes $200,000 an espisode.

  • Avatar of miketx

    miketx

    [1]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176

    Dog Chapman makes $200,000 an episode for Dog the Bounty Hunter.A&E is producing 17 episodes for the 4th season( which they have said will go on filming).I'm not sure why the Chapmans need to solicit money's for a legal defense fund.Dog also commands $100,000 per speaking engagmnet.He has so many requests, that he limits them to 1 a month.

    He pursued Luster on his own, and knew the consequences of capturing a fugitive.I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of studog2961

    studog2961

    [2]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 6,543

    I guess you have never had to pay for a lawyer...let alone one with travel expenses to Mexico. It won't take long to eat up every bit of money Dog has paying for his lawyers.

    Frankly since one of Andrew Luster’s victims is starting one of these funds I find it crule and cold of you to assume that *she* is wasting her time and money. This is not television my dear this is real life.

    The creep raped and drugged innocent women and fled the country that was trying to prosecute him. Had the US not wanted him back that bad maybe they should have not put a $2 million dollar reward/bounty on his head (as reported).

    I can tell you this much any woman who has ever been a victim of a violent attack and their attacker is still free, would jump at the chance to see the creep behind bars. Like one of Luster’s victims said "It is because of you Dog that I can sleep at night!".

    Edited on 09/22/2006 9:08am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lion4Life

    Lion4Life

    [3]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 1,303
    miketx wrote:

    I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.



    Like helping you remove your head from your arse?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miketx

    miketx

    [4]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176
    Don't use the the victims as your point of rebuttal, shame on you.Dog Chapman has the means to pay for his own defense.he had a film crew filming his capture of Luster, and it was going to be an A&E special.I appricate Chapman's work in the matter, but come on be real, if there had not been a reward, or the fact that it was being filmed.He's a millionaire a couple of times over, and that piggy bank is only growing.The federal goverment had nothing to do with the conviction of Andrew Luster, that was the state of California.When Luster bailed, California was responsible for him.Luster was never put on the FBI's most wanted list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chelimina

    chelimina

    [5]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 66
    OMG. Take notes. Period. Then a space. Then the next sentence. Your posts look like a traffic jam.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of studog2961

    studog2961

    [6]Sep 23, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 6,543

    Okay I guess I am going to have to give you a lesson in finances...here goes see if you can keep up.  I own my own business so I can tell you for sure this is way it goes.

    I gross (before taxes) $500,000.00 a year

    That sounds like a lot right...well duh but guess what I only see a fraction of that...and it is a small fraction at that. 

    Now my expenses for the year total in the area of $450,000.00.  No that leaves me with only $50,000.00 in Gross profit (again before taxes).

    Now on the $50,000.00 I have to pay income tax, self employment tax and any other taxes the Federal government and state government can come up with you figgure at leave 35% which is what $17,500.00 so now you  subtract that 17,500 from the 50,000 and you get $32,500 that I get to keep.

    Then I have to use that money to pay my personal bills.  So can you guess how much I actually end up with...not a whole lot.  So just because he may make 200,000 an episode I would hate to think of the taxes than man pays because in the income range he is in a super high tax bracket...yikes I would hate to think what he pays.  Then you figgure all his regular expenses for his business and personal expenses...there is not a lot left.

    And if one of the victims will get on national television...I feel no shame in using her as a point for arguement. 

    About the camera crew could you imagine what luster would be saying if there was not video proof...if that creep will assault a woman in that way...he will try anything to get out of 124 years in prison.

    Edited on 09/23/2006 11:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miketx

    miketx

    [7]Sep 24, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176
    What does Luster have to say have to do with anything.They could have beat him and dragged his body through Mexico, he still would have been convicted and served his time in the US. I don't think Dog barely get's by on what he makes from his bail bonding buisness.You could state your earnings all you want( which by the way I find disturbing) but Dog has no reason to solicit funds on his website for his legal defense.Just like he went out on his own and pursued Luster, then he should be able to pay for the attorney fees.I respect the fact that you disagree, but the man makes plenty of money.He should not have to ask for charitable contributions to pay for his lawyers and defense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of studog2961

    studog2961

    [8]Sep 25, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 6,543

    Why is it disturbing? 

    I don't recall him "asking" for funds I think it is something that people are offering.  Did I miss something about him "asking" for funds?  Please direct me to the link?  If he is "asking" for funds maybe he knows something you don't...like how much it is gonna cost to pay for his lawyers.

    Just think, this info based off a friend, just chucked out a few grand for a lawyer to do some minor custody stuff.  Not a lot of work for the lawyer, some paper work and a court apperance or two.  Can you imagine what an internatinal case will cost in lawyer fees?  Blowing through a few thousand to a hundred grand won't be hard to do.  Maybe he isn't hard up for the money...maybe he is...why does it matter?

    It is apparent that you think what ever he gets he deserves...frankly I can't say that I disagree with you.  However I don't believe it is my job to judge what others do to help.  It would be like saying "I can't send money to hurricane vicitms because they live in hurricane prone areas" or "I can't send money to tornado victims because they live in tornado alley".  That is not the way it works...people do what they want because A) They want to, B) it gives them that warm fuzzy feeling inside, or C) It is a tax write off.  That is just the way it is...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miketx

    miketx

    [9]Sep 26, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176

    Here's the link to Dog solicitng funds for his defense.I understand people writing their congressmen for Dog being helped by the goverment.That's thier write to hlp him and the capturers,but i don't agree with him soliciting for funds.He'a a millionaire, he should be able to pay for his own defense.Sure it's going to cost him alot of money, but he has the money.

    http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/fanclub/Club/FreeTheDog.php

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of studog2961

    studog2961

    [10]Sep 26, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 6,543

    Yep I seen that but does it not seem odd to you that the request for funds is being sent to this address:

    DTBH Defense Fund
    PO Box 130781
    The Woodlands, TX 77393-0781

    But Dog is in Hawaii??  Seems suspicious to me...I would not send money there.  Could be a scam?  Maybe it is the victim either way does not sound right?  I would be suspicious of this request for funds.

    Also you said:

    miketx wrote:
    He'a a millionaire

    And...you know this...how?

    Edited on 09/26/2006 1:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lion4Life

    Lion4Life

    [11]Sep 26, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 1,303
    Hey Mike, Did 'Dog" run over your dog? Piss in your cherrios? Please enlighten me as to why you hasve such a hard-on for the guy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miketx

    miketx

    [12]Sep 27, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176

    To me it's a black and white issue period.I am really in awe of the guy for going to Mexico and capturing Luster, but come on, what was he thinking that he could go into another country and capture a wanted fugitive, without the assistance of the federal goverment.He tried it and he got caught.He was issued a court date, and he did not go( says he got flawed legal advice, well who gave it to you Dog, and this legal advice has just put you in a world of confusion, and is going to cost you a boatload of money).So, just like the criminls he arrests, he was arrested for not going to court.Now i don't agree with him posting a contribution fund for his defense fees.He makes $200,000 an episode, it dosen't matter that he's in a high tax bracket, or that he has employees to pay.The man is well off.

    Why did he not hire an attorney, and send him to Mexico, and tell them look were sorry about what happened, how can we fix this, we spent a week in jail, so I think this is a matter that can be corrected..No he "got advice" that told him to ignore it and the statute of limitations will expire on the charges.To me that was a complete disrespect for the laws of Mexico( as corrupted as certain parts of that counntry may be).So, he just needs to attributr to the charges against him.

    And the reason bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, is it would deputise every moron with a gun in Mexico and you would have guys left and right trying to arrest criminals.And also, he did not arrest Luster in some small village in a distant place, he went and did this in Mexico's #1 tourist city, Puerto Vallarta.They are pretty serious with enforcing laws there.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kurtc0bain001

    kurtc0bain001

    [13]Nov 4, 2006
    • member since: 07/26/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 26
    If he did not go to Mexico and capture Luster, every female he ever terrorized, and probably many more than that, would still be looking over their shoulders every ten seconds, and they would not be able to sleep at night. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, but so is raping and torchering women in the US, am I right? I hardly think that he should be punished for potentially saving the lives of countless women. And by the way, just because there was a reward for Luster doesn't mean that Dog got it. The two million dollar reward that was promised for the capture of Luster was denied to Dog by the US officials. He also has a family to feed, a HUGE family to feed, and after all his expenses, he is probably not the "millionaire" that you claim him to be. He is not asking or begging people for money, his fans and his supporters set up the fund so that he would have peace of mind knowing that in a year or two he wouldn't be in extreme debt due to legal fee's struggling to feed his children. Have you ever had to pay for a lawyer? Do you realize how expensive they are?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Night_Hunter_

    Night_Hunter_

    [14]Nov 18, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 5
    I'll just throw my 2 cents in here too, Mike. Win or lose, Dog will have some very hefty lawyer fees to pay, and it isn't right that he should have to lose everything just to defend himself, his son and his brother from this insane travesty of justice! If the fans want to donate sometthing to help out, then that's their business and it's perfectly fine. I considered it an honor to be able to do something to help him.

    Duane "Dog" Chapman is a true hero. A serial rapist was brought to justice by the direct actions of Mr. Chapman, and nothing anybody says will change that fact. He helps people from the lower social strata, and he gives of himself and his time more generously than any other celebrity I ever saw. He made something out of his life and he deserves every bit of success he gets. All the hate mongering mental midgets can't do anything except make themselves look retarded by their inane and predominantly illiterate rantings. They are just pathetic, ne'er do well welfare cases who live in their parents basements. I laugh when I read how they get their panties all up in a bunch over Dog's success. What a bunch of oxygen thieves!

    As for Mexico, despite the fact that a video camera and a huge quanity of the date rape drug GHB was found in his hotel room after the apprehension, they are still sorely peeved that the Dog took a multi-millionaire fugitive scumbag out of their corrupt little dictatorship. Luster had been tossing the cash around, and then Dog grabbed him and ruined everything for these tamale benders. Too bad, so sad for all the Frito Banditos who only sought to profit by harboring this monster. Even at the extent of allowing him free reign to drug and rape their own citizens! Well, they still have all the drug lords, pedophiles and cop killers that they harbor and refuse to send back to the US. Let them be satisfied with that.

    Because they will never get the Dog and his people extradited to Mexico. But since they are so famous for stuffing tacos south of the border, I suggest they take a taco and stuff it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dagurlpink2006

    dagurlpink2006

    [15]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 02/01/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 197
    UR KIDDING ! how much does he make? WOW ! man, he totally can buy his own way outta jail. !
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lokar

    Lokar

    [16]Nov 30, 2006
    • member since: 09/02/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 823
    I wouldn't take too seriously a man who can't even spell "episode." (Notice the thread title.)

    Miketx is just one of those rambling people who doesn't like Dog, doesn't like this show and when you come down to it, would love to get his hands on the kinds of money he's talking about. Frankly, I don't even know if Dog earns $200,000 a show as miketx claimed, but so what if he does, and who is he to tell the man how to spend it?

    All that whining makes it sound like the man wishes one of the 'worthy charities' were, uh, him.

    Lawyers do cost an arm and a leg, and Dog has every right to provide for his own defense. He has to!

    Besides, it certainly does matter what Andrew Luster did. I'm stunned Mexico hasn't dropped the charges already. I'm even more flabbergasted that people actually feel sympathy for him in this case. He was convicted and is serving 100+ years, what more do you need to know about him?

    Shame on you for not respecting the victims, Mike.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Piaggioavanti13

    Piaggioavanti13

    [17]Dec 11, 2006
    • member since: 08/05/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 696
    how do u know that








    miketx wrote:

    Dog Chapman makes $200,000 an episode for Dog the Bounty Hunter.A&E is producing 17 episodes for the 4th season( which they have said will go on filming).I'm not sure why the Chapmans need to solicit money's for a legal defense fund.Dog also commands $100,000 per speaking engagmnet.He has so many requests, that he limits them to 1 a month.

    He pursued Luster on his own, and knew the consequences of capturing a fugitive.I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hicks1958

    hicks1958

    [18]Dec 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/16/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    I THINK DOG AND HIS FAMILY IS THE BEST. THE MEXICAN GOV SHOULD SHOUT THE HELL UP AND DROP ALL CHARGES,OUR GOV SHOULD SEE THAT ALL CHARGES ARE DROPPED, DOG HAS ONE VERY BAD PERSON IN JAIL FOREVER WERE LUSTER BELONGS.ALL IVE GOT TO SAY TO DOG AND HIS FAMILY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ONE DAY I WANT TO MEET DOG AND HIS FAMILY . HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of willowbird

    willowbird

    [19]Jan 2, 2007
    • member since: 12/12/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 32
    miketx wrote:

    Dog Chapman makes $200,000 an episode for Dog the Bounty Hunter.A&E is producing 17 episodes for the 4th season( which they have said will go on filming).I'm not sure why the Chapmans need to solicit money's for a legal defense fund.Dog also commands $100,000 per speaking engagmnet.He has so many requests, that he limits them to 1 a month.

    He pursued Luster on his own, and knew the consequences of capturing a fugitive.I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.



    It really bothers me when people see a huge dollar figure that a person is well off.  You have no idea what his personal life is like. 

    My husband and I run our own business and the company grossed over $130,000 this year, and we do not walk out the door for less than $150 for the first hour.  WOW!!  That is quite the sum.  Now lets talk about what it costs to run our business.  First there is the matter of insurance.  We are required to carry a two million dollar liability policy, and we are considered a high risk business because we work with kids.  ($3000.00)   We need to provide health insurance - $500 a month.  Our property insurance is $2000.00. Lets talk about rent for store front, electric, heating and cooling, phone, Internet access, web hosting (God forbid you aren't on the world wide web in 2007!), regular office supplies, what ever the business needs to function that is replaceable (gas, in our case - magic props, balloons, ect), business stationary, licensing fees - the list is endless.  Also out of that we are required to pay taxes and unemployment.  We also have subcontractors to pay.  Only then can we take a paycheck.  Out of that paycheck comes taxes, mortgage, utilities ect. 

    So he may "make" $200,000 an episode, but you have no idea what goes into his pocket.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kdtfiles

    kdtfiles

    [20]Jan 3, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,556

    hicks1958 wrote:
    I THINK DOG AND HIS FAMILY IS THE BEST. THE MEXICAN GOV SHOULD SHOUT THE HELL UP AND DROP ALL CHARGES,OUR GOV SHOULD SEE THAT ALL CHARGES ARE DROPPED, DOG HAS ONE VERY BAD PERSON IN JAIL FOREVER WERE LUSTER BELONGS.ALL IVE GOT TO SAY TO DOG AND HIS FAMILY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ONE DAY I WANT TO MEET DOG AND HIS FAMILY . HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIGHT ON.

    .

    As for coments above about, if people are going to donate money it should be used for more honorable charaties". what is more honorable than helping such a good person from being punished for taking a SCUMBAG off the streets, heck I'll sign a check right now.

    Edited on 01/03/2007 2:58am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.