Dog the Bounty Hunter Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

Dog makes $200,000 an espisode.

shawnda1

[21]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    i think ur right dag and his family are doing a great job...if only they could be all over the us catching people...i think hes a great guy...we caould all be like himif we just tried
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cosmo06

[22]Jan 13, 2007
    miketx wrote:

Dog Chapman makes $200,000 an episode for Dog the Bounty Hunter.A&E is producing 17 episodes for the 4th season( which they have said will go on filming).I'm not sure why the Chapmans need to solicit money's for a legal defense fund.Dog also commands $100,000 per speaking engagmnet.He has so many requests, that he limits them to 1 a month.

He pursued Luster on his own, and knew the consequences of capturing a fugitive.I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.

Please provide your source.

I really doubt either figure is accurate. Most actors on prime time shows don't get paid near that much (those on Lost get paid 80k per episode) so how is a small-ish cable network like A&E going to afford it? Same goes for the speaking fee. On one episode Dog, Leland and Tim were shown at an elementary school...I find it hard to believe that in a time when schools are losing money due to budget cuts, they're going to spend 100k to have them by and talk to the kids.

SexxiiKitten

[25]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    wow

Qualdaran

[26]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    I agree with this. There's no way he makes that much. Maybe on altogether after the fugitive is caught, but even that is unlikely.

blastburn277

[27]Jun 12, 2007
    dog is my uncle and he makes $400 dollars for every day he is not filming and he is lucky

Floyd2007

[28]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    Wow I had no idea

Saz16

[29]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 7

miketx wrote:
    He should not have to ask for charitable contributions to pay for his lawyers and defense.

He doesn't ask for charitable contributions to pay for his lawyers & defense. In Fact, Beth (& for those of you who don't know that's Dog's wife) actually said to the victim of Luster's who set the defense fund up that it wasn't necessary & that she didn't have to do it but the victim said that after everything that Dog & the family had done for her, she wanted to do right by them.

By the Way the address you wrote on there studog2961is where all his fan club stuff is sent from & all the fan mail is usually sent to, Why it's in Texa's & not Hawaii or Denver I don't know but knowing how big Dog & Beth's families are there's probably at least one family member living in Texas.

blastburn277, your uncle is the best & i'm sure most of us here, will support him to the end of all this.

Edited on 06/26/2007 8:26pm

HallowHearted

[30]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    It's funny because I'm from Honilulu and Dog is not well liked there. He uses god as an excuse for his arrogance and ignorance. I mean, it is cool that he gives people a second chance. I have nothing against that. I just noticed that he makes his kid do all the bullwork. If he gets someone bigger than him he sends Leland in to handle it. I think Dog is a steroid user and has little to no guts. I have little faith in people that think god is behind everything. They need to look around this world once. There is no love or hope for society.

evrksdaczba

[31]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    miketx wrote:

Dog Chapman makes $200,000 an episode for Dog the Bounty Hunter.A&E is producing 17 episodes for the 4th season( which they have said will go on filming).I'm not sure why the Chapmans need to solicit money's for a legal defense fund.Dog also commands $100,000 per speaking engagmnet.He has so many requests, that he limits them to 1 a month.

He pursued Luster on his own, and knew the consequences of capturing a fugitive.I think if your going to donate, it could used to more honorable charaties.

the DOG rocks,....he is taking people off the street that do not deserve to be free to begin with!...if our "justice" system wasnt so gunked up with legalities then we wouldnt need bounty hunters, and DOG could just be a paid executioner..then would you be happy?...

Blue_Demon62

[32]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    The Dog has a large family, 11 mouth's to feed; then you go into all the bills he has to pay; electricity, phones, petrol for tge cars, paying for his offices, hospital bills, dental bills, ect. It's not surprising that people have decided to make a fund up for him, plus it's not just him who needs the money, there is also Leland and Tim too. All three need good lawyer's for this Mexico fiasco and I doubt they have enough money to do it.

DurhamRed1

[33]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    Has Dog and Beth moved in to a bigger better house? The house seen in the last series looks a lot bigger and better furnished than the house they had at the beginning of the show.... just asking out of Idol curiosity and a little envy as thier place now looks lovely.

chrisisawesome1

[34]Mar 29, 2010

Honestly, this forum makes me lose faith in humanity.

I don't know how much 'Dog' makes but he'd easily be in the top 5-10% of the entire world (most of us are). What the OP was saying is that maybe people donating to his cause should consider another charity....LIKE THE ONES THAT PROVIDE FOOD FOR STARVING PEOPLE.

If 'Dog' really was a decent human being he'd refuse all donations outright or collect it all and donate it to people that are actually in need.(or does his God say it's ok to collect donations from fans while already being wealthy? that sounds like something Jesus would have not tolerated)

No offense intended but most of you Dog fans desperately need some perspective.

If I could collect a census on Dog fans I believe it'd be very interesting. No doubt it'd be predominantly white, middle/upper class, low IQ. Because to waste your time watching this utter crap and defending it on message boards is disgusting. Just as disgusting as me taking the time to write up this useless post that won't even shunt you from your glazed out craptacular reality TV haze.