Dog the Bounty Hunter Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

"Dog the Bounty Hunter" not coming back ; Show being shopped

miketx

[1]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 5

Sirius Entertainment News; Dog the bounty hunter will not be retrning to A&E. according to sirrius entertainment news. the decision came from abc television, the parent company of A&E. the show has been shopped around to other networks as of late, but producers have not been able to find a suitable platform that would match, or come close to the budget and financial needs to facilitate the show. the show is now being shopped as syndication in overseas markets. dwayne dog chapman continues to work out of his da-kine bail bond offices on two diffrent islands in hawaii.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chriseternal

[2]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 32
    This was bound to happen

marvelfan89

[3]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 39
    Great news this racist should be kept off the air as long as possible.

iAmS1xth

[4]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    horrible news, all this over a word used in a private conversation..oh well, now i can stop watching A&E all together now and move on.

Blue_Demon62

[5]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    marvelfan89 wrote:

If Dog was a racist we'd have known about it long before now, I'm sure A&E would have known some time ago as well.
    It just so happens that he used a word that some people find offensive. How come there wasn't a clear outrage when J-Lo use that word? I don't recall anyone kicking her off the record lable she's on? The world is going through more tramatic times now, and people are deciding to get rid of a show because the man who is the main player used an offensive word... I don't think people know what offensive is any more, this is overly PC.

wingchick99

[6]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 13
    He did this in a private talk if his son had not tapped it nobody would have ever known what was said and his show would still be on. Also I don't think he is a racist he used a word some people find offensive some people find the word dumb offensive but they don't kick shows off the air because of it. I am not saying the word he used was nice but to be honest it was a private talk that truthfully was none of our business

marvelfan89

[7]Feb 7, 2008

Blue_Demon62 wrote:
    marvelfan89 wrote:
    If Dog was a racist we'd have known about it long before now, I'm sure A&E would have known some time ago as well. It just so happens that he used a word that some people find offensive. How come there wasn't a clear outrage when J-Lo use that word? I don't recall anyone kicking her off the record lable she's on? The world is going through more tramatic times now, and people are deciding to get rid of a show because the man who is the main player used an offensive word... I don't think people know what offensive is any more, this is overly PC.

Not really you wouldn't know if someone is racist unless they openly told you or you saw them saying it. You'd have no clue that argument doesn't work. Likewise if A&E knew that wouldn't necessarily mean they've removed the show if the guy got ratings..You can easily fool people (as Doug did with his audience) to pretend he was one thing when he was really the other Some racists are open with their racist views (just like some people are open with bashing gays for example), others are not and of course will keep that a secret so their image won't be tarnished (which is exactly what this racist said in his tantrum). Um there was a outrage when J-LO used the N-Word by the media, the radio and other areas so I don't know where you got that idea. Just because she wasn't kicked of the record label doesn't mean other people in the industry weren't offended (because they were). It's not an offensive word, it's a racist word, big difference. An offensive word is like s-word or the f-word (which might be acceptable on some places) on the other hand using the n-word is a racist word just like any of the other racial words people use against other races.

Blue_Demon62

[8]Feb 8, 2008
    marvelfan89 wrote:

Blue_Demon62 wrote:
    marvelfan89 wrote:
    If Dog was a racist we'd have known about it long before now, I'm sure A&E would have known some time ago as well. It just so happens that he used a word that some people find offensive. How come there wasn't a clear outrage when J-Lo use that word? I don't recall anyone kicking her off the record lable she's on? The world is going through more tramatic times now, and people are deciding to get rid of a show because the man who is the main player used an offensive word... I don't think people know what offensive is any more, this is overly PC.

Not really you wouldn't know if someone is racist unless they openly told you or you saw them saying it. You'd have no clue that argument doesn't work. Likewise if A&E knew that wouldn't necessarily mean they've removed the show if the guy got ratings..You can easily fool people (as Doug did with his audience) to pretend he was one thing when he was really the other Some racists are open with their racist views (just like some people are open with bashing gays for example), others are not and of course will keep that a secret so their image won't be tarnished (which is exactly what this racist said in his tantrum). Um there was a outrage when J-LO used the N-Word by the media, the radio and other areas so I don't know where you got that idea. Just because she wasn't kicked of the record label doesn't mean other people in the industry weren't offended (because they were). It's not an offensive word, it's a racist word, big difference. An offensive word is like s-word or the f-word (which might be acceptable on some places) on the other hand using the n-word is a racist word just like any of the other racial words people use against other races.

If its a racist word, tell me why do other black men call each other that? Or is that okay for them to do so?

marvelfan89

[9]Feb 8, 2008
    Nope it's never been ok to say that word. If people are saying it they are either oblivious to its real meaning or are trying to use it in a different way than its meaning which is of course impossible because everyone knows what it means. You can't chance a word that has so much history behind it.
    Edited on 02/08/2008 9:42am

wingchick99

[10]Feb 8, 2008
    Blue_Demon62 is right I hear black men call one another this all the time and none of them get all upset or blow up at one another but if they hear a white person say it the white person is a racist. So how is it right for black men to say it to one another but when a white person says it right away all he** breaks out.

marvelfan89

[11]Feb 8, 2008

wingchick99 wrote:
    Blue_Demon62 is right I hear black men call one another this all the time and none of them get all upset or blow up at one another but if they hear a white person say it the white person is a racist. So how is it right for black men to say it to one another but when a white person says it right away all he** breaks out.

That's because their ignorant and they think it's ok to say it because they're black. However, they are not racists because from what you just described they've used the word (incorrectly) in every day conservations. Whereas with Dog he obviously meant to use the word not in every day conversation but as a direct insult. Either way to repeat myself once again nobody said it's ok to use it.

landofsquatch

[12]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    I like how it is wrong for a white person to say a racial slur about a black person,but black people can say racial slurs about white people and it is considerer ok. Look at how many shows have black people using racial slurs towards white people and nothing is done about it. Dog didn't even say it publicly and he was thrown under the guillotine. I think some other shows should be canned for the racial remarks made towards white people. Let's have some equality. Isn't that what everyone wants?

peprmpati

[13]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    marvelfan89 wrote:

wingchick99 wrote:

That's because their ignorant and they think it's ok to say it because they're black. However, they are not racists because from what you just described they've used the word (incorrectly) in every day conservations. Whereas with Dog he obviously meant to use the word not in every day conversation but as a direct insult. Either way to repeat myself once again nobody said it's ok to use it.

Do you have never used the N-word...I really doubt that!!! I think you are calling the KETTLE BLACK... BTW that is a saying...If you did not know...

harryathouse

[14]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 18

marvelfan89 wrote:

I find this offencive. Dog is NOT a racist. I know he said n****r, and that is bad but if he was racist he would be taking down fugitives whilst screaming all sorts of racial slurs! He is not the only celebrity to mess up. He has helped A LOT with tackling drug crime and is a great law enforcer. I will repeat: DOG IS NOT A RACIST!

marvelfan89

[15]Feb 13, 2008
    peprmpati wrote:
    marvelfan89 wrote:

wingchick99 wrote:

Do you have never used the N-word...I really doubt that!!! I think you are calling the KETTLE BLACK... BTW that is a saying...If you did not know...

Then you are ignorant especially to make judgements about someone you've never met. With that mindset, you think everyone uses the n-word which is a joke in itself. Yes I know the phrase but clearly that doesn't apply here. Shame.

marvelfan89

[16]Feb 13, 2008
    harryathouse wrote:

marvelfan89 wrote:

I find this offencive. Dog is NOT a racist. I know he said n****r, and that is bad but if he was racist he would be taking down fugitives whilst screaming all sorts of racial slurs! He is not the only celebrity to mess up. He has helped A LOT with tackling drug crime and is a great law enforcer. I will repeat: DOG IS NOT A RACIST!

He used the n-word and admitted he used it repeatedly that's racism. You should be more offended that he said it and was ONLY concerned about saving his tv career rather than what he said. What you said makes no sense as many people have different personalities on and off tv. You are entitled to your opinion as am I and he is a racist in my eyes and no excuses for it.

wingchick99

[17]Feb 15, 2008

Not everybody uses the N-Word I for one do not use it. But some people do throw it around I have heard it and I have heard a black person say it to another black person and that person was fine with but then a white person said it to this same black person and the black person got all mad (this happened at a place I worked) And I don't understand how it can be ok for some people to use it but others not. I don't think it's a nice word. But I don't think Dog is a racist. And I think you would have seen if he was watching his show there where no hints or anything He is not a racist and I don't think its fair they brought the hammer down on him and writers use it in shows all the time and nothing happens

DurhamRed1

[18]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    I find the double standards of today amazing, the N word is abhorrent and should not be uttered by anyone, no matter what your colour, I think its about time these black Stars & other black people in the public eye did as they preach and stop using the N word. Dog has apologised, in fact I think he has apologised more than any other public eye personality has and I for one forgive him. It was a mistaken slip used in a private conversation to a son whom Dog has stood by no matter what. I think its time we stopped the witch hunt.

Blue_Demon62

[19]Feb 17, 2008
    DurhamRed1 wrote:
    I find the double standards of today amazing, the N word is abhorrent and should not be uttered by anyone, no matter what your colour, I think its about time these black Stars & other black people in the public eye did as they preach and stop using the N word. Dog has apologised, in fact I think he has apologised more than any other public eye personality has and I for one forgive him. It was a mistaken slip used in a private conversation to a son whom Dog has stood by no matter what. I think its time we stopped the witch hunt.

I agree completely with this comment.

Trisha95

[20]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    they are coming back....sooo hahahhha