Dog the Bounty Hunter Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

Dog's daughter dies a day before his wedding.

ulua_fisher

[21]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    In Dog's book (You Can Run, But You Can't Hide) he addresses why he did not invite his daughter Barbara to his wedding - see Chapter 53, pages 291-292 (It is a powerful read - I won't go into the details). In my opinion itwas Dog's "tough love" for her that he did not invite her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dogisms13

[23]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 20
    LikeItOrNot wrote:
    sipowicz wrote:
    but, my other thought? why was just in Alaska the day before his wedding? they must have not had the best relationship.
    My thoughts as well. Why wasn't she attending the wedding? Celebrate what life at his wedding? Does he even have a relationship with her.
    No they really didn't have a reletionship. Right after they found out about her passing Dog told the cameras that she was into drugs and drinking and that is why her son Travis came to live with Dog and Beth. I felt sorry for him, and to go through with the wedding after hearing such news is very honourable. He also said that, that day was to be a happy day and that while they were celebrating a marriage they were going to celebrate his daughters life even if they didn't have the best reletionship she was still his first daughter.
    Edited on 11/01/2007 3:57pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Blue_Demon62

[24]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 8

dogisms13 wrote:
    LikeItOrNot wrote:
    sipowicz wrote:
    but, my other thought? why was just in Alaska the day before his wedding? they must have not had the best relationship.
    My thoughts as well. Why wasn't she attending the wedding? Celebrate what life at his wedding? Does he even have a relationship with her.
    No they really didn't have a reletionship. Right after they found out about her passing Dog told the cameras that she was into drugs and drinking and that is why her son Travis came to live with Dog and Beth. I felt sorry for him, and to go through with the wedding after hearing such news is very honourable. He also said that, that day was to be a happy day and that while they were celebrating a marriage they were going to celebrate his daughters life even if they didn't have the best reletionship she was still his first daughter.

I wouldn't say they didn't have a relationship; I would say that their relationship wasn't on the best of terms. Regardless family is family; Dog never appeared to disown Barbrara.

I'm glad they went ahead with the wedding, they celebrated a new beginning; and celebrating his daughter's life.

StaceyShires

[25]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 1

I know this is WAY tolate to reply but i only watched the episode a few days ago because i'm a huge dog the bounty hunter fan... omg it's the 1st time i've EVERseen dog crying! except crying in front of the preacher but that was a good thing, losing your daughter is another! it's so sad to hear about such a tragic event and see dog cry like that!I'm a christian too so God Bless You Duane Lee "Dog" Chapmanand the rest of theChapman family! Rest in Peace Barbara Katie Chapman! God Bless Youeveryone! xxx