Dog with a Blog

Sunday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Oct 12, 2012 In Season

JusticeLeaguer

Dog with a Blog Fan Reviews (85)

• dog def is not a hog Mr. Muppetmen, if that is your real name (doubt it)

this show is the shit tbh. 10 out of 10. 100%. A+.
  • Dog is a hog!

Well,well,well... So this is my third review now, and I've been focusing on really bad shows, but I actually think this show is good... NOT!!!!!!!! This show, oh man, is probably my least favorite show of ALL TIME! ( or at least on Disney) it's rips off plenty of shows, even scooby doo, and that came out 40 years ago! But enough of this introduction! It's review time!

Actors: one word:SHIT!

Characters:

Avery: typical nerd! Stuck up, Kia, etc

Tyler: absolutely pathetic PATHETIC rip off of Pj Duncan from glc

Chloe: pretty much a white Zuri (not trying to be racist. Be honest it's true)

Parents: weird stupid bland useless pointless why even on the show?

Stan: the dog is really cute but the voice acting is BAADDD! And the animated parts are as

Cheesy as Swiss cheese!

Setting: monotonous unexciting

Plot: anyone got a pillow?

Overall rating: -1000000 out of 100000000

Therefore, all Disney now officially sucks!
  • this better be the last season

what has disney channel come to? a talking dog? no. just no. and get this- he has a blog. a fucking blog. i'm not going to waste my time writing about this garbage. just know that i would rate this 0 stars if that were an option.
  • Old Disney: Streets of Gold. New Disney (like this and Shake it Up): Streets of Mold!

How the heck did this show get a 7 when Victorious only has a 6.9? When I say old Disney was Streets of Gold it's because the stuff they made was stuff like Oliver & Company (that's the name of one of the songs in it. It has the BEST Disney soundtrack ever!) But now it's stuff like this which is Streets of Mold. Seriously, this show is not funny at all, it's boring, stupid, pointless, does anyone even bother watching it? The parents are Disney Channel's worst excuse for a pair of parents yet, they're even worse than Austin's parents on Austin & Ally! And that's saying something, because his parents are dorks who own a mattress business AND they gave him the middle name Monica! The show also seems to rip-off Good Luck Charlie, and the oldest kid Taylor is just a complete copycat of P. J. Duncan from GLC. Not only that, but the idea that Stan can talk but only the kids can hear him is ripped off from the extremely underrated 1995 film Gordy about an adorable piglet who can also talk to kids. This show should have been cancelled, but I've heard it's getting a second season. I don't even know why!

UPDATE ON AUGUST 20 (originally posted on July 16) Today they replayed the episode The Fast and the Furriest , which is a rip-off of the Full House episode Honey, I Broke the House (which was also on today).

UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER 15: Liv and Maddie looks like a much needed ray of hope and I will be watching it tonight. Also, 3 days age, it was announced that Nick's stupid show Sanjay and Craig is also getting a second season soon! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

UPDATE ON JANUARY 17: Why does this get 6.6 if Liv and Maddie is 6.4? Liv and Maddie so far is near-perfect. This show on the other hand is just plain bad. The only decent episode I've seen is Stan Talks to Gran.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2: You're right lootlimo. This show is not meant for babies. What, you think this is Barney & Friends or Dora the Explorer? It's a sitcom for teens and tweens. In fact, it's supposed to be a sitcom for the whole family. Unfortunately, unlike Good Luck Charlie or Liv and Maddie (don't have me for liking that show, it actually has a lower rating then this show like I mentioned in my last update), this show is not well done, it's boring, corny, cheesy, and lame. The acting is really bad, the jokes are bad (almost all Disney and Nick shows these days relay on potty humor, including this one), even the premise is a bad idea. In fact, just the name of the show is corny. One last note. Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • I actually like it quite a bit!

It serves as a nice refreshment compared to Shake It Up!. However, compared to other Disney Channel shows like Jessie, ANT Farm and Austin and Ally, well, it's just not as good - but it sure is better than Liv and Maddie. Let's see why.

Plot - The plot is just a tad overused. The thing with the talking dog and the kids trying to hide it is nothing new, but I generally like how they endorse it. The only thing I don't understand is where the hell is Avery's dad and Tyler and Chloe's mom. They completely forgot about them and just settled for Bennett and Ellen as if they were their real parents.

Acting - The parents are very good actors. Blake Michael is rather mediocre, Francesca Capaldi is a really good actress for her age, and G Hannelius is an amazing actress - but for some reason, I can't stand her. She's just so unlikable to me. She tries to be way too much like the rest of the Disney Stars.

Characters - The parents are really fun and at the same time caring about their children, not much to say here. Tyler is the goofy, dumb older brother, and while he's not an original character, he's really likable. Avery is a know-it-all and can be pretty annoying. Chloe is an irritating spoiled brat who serves no purpose to the show at all.

Romance - I love the relationship between the parents, they're very loving and caring of each other. Tyler is a typical player who eventually settles down for Emily and I like their relationship, it's cute. Avery is way too young to date so much. First there was the Dustin guy who was obsessed with Tyler and only dated her to be close to him, then there was the Kevin guy who called her weirder than her mother and now she's dating the Wes guy and apparently it's "true love". The girl is 13 years old and is already pretty much a slut.

Drama - There's some drama included into every episode, which I like. Not much to say here.

Humor - The jokes aren't that funny at all. The only time I laughed was when Avery was coming down the stairs for her date with Dustin and kept on falling over, that was pretty funny. But that's about as far as it goes.

Overall - My main problem with this show is G Hannelius/Avery Jennings. I really can't stand either. There are a couple of other flaws, but I do enjoy watching this show.
  • CANCEL THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the stupidest shows that I have EVER seen. Seriously, a dog that talks and has a blog? That has been done before in some shows and movies, mostly CARTOONS. Why is this on a kids channel?

The whole plot is just about the kids- Tyler, Avery, and Chloe and they try to keep Stan's secret. The parents should at least know about it.

Characters

Tyler- a dumb teenager and all he cares about is looking cool. He has a math talent, but he never shows it around his friends because he is afraid of being made fun of.

Avery- stuck up blonde who thinks she is so smart. But she isn't as smart in math as Tyler.

Chloe- spoiled brat

Carl- the neighbor that spies on Tyler, Avery, and Chloe

Parents- are clueless about everything, including Stan talking

Stan- the dog. He is NOT FUNNY and he has all the lines that are supposed to make people laugh

Acting

THESE PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE ACTORS!!

Jokes

Not funny and a result of poor writing.

Blog

How do the parents not know about the blog? Can't they check their history and see that there is a blog there?

DISNEY, CANCEL THIS NOW! WHY DID YOU LET IT HAVE ANOTHER SEASON? COME ON DISNEY CHANNEL!

UPDATE 2-1-14 Hopejohnson, this show is meant for people my age, and I don't like it. Just saying lots of kids don't like it.

• Dog with a blog?

I like this show! I think that all the characters are funny!! I think that they picked a good cast! The parents are funny and so are the kids!!!! Also the dog! Is cute and funny!!!:)

Keep it up dog with a blog:)
  • What are you doing Disney?

Dog with a blog is another disappointment from Disney. Look at how good their past shows were like That's So Raven, Lizzie McGuire and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, those shows weren't about teenagers trying to become famous like Austin and Ally and Shake it up. The plot of Dog with a blog is so unbelievable it doesn't make sense, surely the parents would notice something was going on and check their browser history? If Dog with a blog is good for little kids why doesn't Disney move it to Disney Junior instead of making older kids sit through it?
  • Grow Up Or Grow Down

OK remember what Disney Channel is. A channel for CHILDREN. Are you expecting car chases, F-bombs, zombies, sex scenes, drinking and death? Even though children need educational programming and activities, guess also need stuff a little lighter, a little goofy, etc. Everything does not have to be rich, thought-provoking, educational, meaningful subject matter. I mean, come not parking them in front of the TV for 9 hours a day to do nothing but watch DWAB or the 30 minutes of a silly, lighthearted family comedy is not detrimental to their upbringing. As for the acting, I seriously doubt a bunch of kindergarteners are going to stand around the playground going, "Oh, isn't G Hannelius just ATROCIOUS? Blake Michael can't act his way out of a paper bag!" They are going to be giggling at Stan's antics. Remember who these shows were made for in the first place. It's cute, silly, easy you're feeling your intelligence is being insulted, run back to the grownup world but don't ruin it for the kids.
  • Awful

This show is another horrible Disney show. Tyler is a copy of PJ from Good Luck Charlie because he is dumb and a teenager. Chloe is a spoiled brat. Avery is way too much of an hardworker, so much that she is bossy. Carl is too nosy. The parents are too dumb.

Stan is the dog of the family that for some reason talk. If there is a talking dog with a live action show, it proves Disney is running out of ideas for shows. Martha Speaks is a cartoon talking dog, at least that show teaches something. Hasn't there been enough talking animals in other movies and shows?

The writers are lazy and the jokes are poor written and not funny. The actors are AWFUL!!!!!! At least shows like Good Luck Charlie have ok actors.

The whole plot is for them to keep Stans secret. But they should at LEAST tell their parents.

So now most of the shows on Disney are awful, with the exception of Good Luck Charlie and Phineas and Ferb. Disney, GET GOOD WRITERS AND GET GOOD ACTORS!

And erikawhetstone12, we can write whatever we want. We can share our opinions here, that's why this website was created.

• I liked the first episode in season 2.......

4.5
    Disney can't get any dumber this is the most dumbest show behind Jessie and Fish Hooks First of all there's no plot it's just 3 ugly kids and their tacky parents and that dumbass dog who tries to be funny but fails all the time the only good shows on disney channel is Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder why can't Disney make more shows like that????? I bet I can make a better show than this bullshit and yet I watch Disney Channel all day, everyday forcing myself to watching stupid ass sitcoms because I hate nickelodeon and Cartoon network WILL LIFE EVER UNDERSTAND USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS???????
  • And... What's interesting about a dog with a blog?

What would be interesting about a dog with a blog? Also, if even if the dog "had" really it's own blog, the one who's maintaining the blog will always be human. Just my 2 cents.

The main problem about this show it's it uses one of the most cliche "talking animal" formula. Been there, done that. Family Guy, Barnyard, Garfield, Heathcliff, Cat-Dog etc, which contributes anything but good qualities.

Also, the fact that this show is littered with poor actors doesn't help! Any Disney live action shows has this kind of problem.

The jokes and humor... It has another one of those run-of-the-mill childish and plain humor. So plain, that it could be uncomprehending. Has no quality either, or poor written. In short.
  • Yeah great way to teach kids about imagination....

Seriously? A fucking dog that talks and has a BLOG!?!? I cant think of anything more retarted than that.
  • everyone with negative reviews

Seriously? Some of the stuff I read is appauling. Disney channel is a great show for kids. Dog with a blog is great. Im 20 years old n I have been watching Disney since I was little. The reason for the talking dog is because it helps kids with their imagination, a lot of the shows help kids with this stage in their childhood. Yea the shows now a days aren't as good as the old school ones but they are great. It's better than the other stuff they are playing on tv. My 9 month old will not pay attention to that boo baa crap but Disney n Disney Jr she loves. They even put comedy scenes in that only us adults will laugh at. Its a great way for everyone to let out their inner child which I think all u negative Nancy's lost. You people spend so much time saying how bad it is in detail so obviously you watch it. If you don't like it don't watch it don't talk about it. The characters are meant to come across the way the do. And its a show that is probably helping many kids around the world that are dealing with step parents and step siblings. Every show every episode has a moral lesson. Yes some of the scenes I just say duh but that is the point people!!! Its meant to entertain kids n some adults not some kids and all adults. Like come on people! Plus the music on Disney is great and uplifting for kids! You know some kids are probably only happy when watching Disney and listening to their music. Also the commercials in between shows even have great lessons and education for children.

They have commercials showing diversity of all the different cultures around the world, ways to eat healthy, ways to stay fit, free games kids,like the ones who are less fortunate,can play with parents permission, ways to help your community so the world is a cleaner and better place, and soo much more. So please next time you want to give a negative review about Disney channel, please consider everything I just presented to everyone.
  • what the fuck

what the fuck is this shit..
  • When will Disney Channel ever learn?

1.5
    Haven't we had enough of these talking animal shows and movies? Marmaduke? Garfield? Cats & Dogs? Beverly Hills Chuhuahua? It doesn't work when translated to live-action. Dog with a Blog is no different, and I feel sorry for children that are being babysat by it.

Meet Avery (G. Hannelius) & Tyler Jennings (Blake Michael), they are step-siblings with absolutely nothing in common. Avery is the hard-working overachiever in the family, while Tyler is obsessed with looking like a pretty boy. Their dog Stan can talk, not only that, he also set up his own blog. Both Avery and Tyler find out about Stan's talents and agree to keep it a secret from their parents. Wow, what a couple of class acts... Not.

Created by Michael B. Kaplan, who also gave us that excruciating abomination known as "I'm in the Band", "Dog with a Blog" is something that should have been left in development hell, and I know for certain Walt Disney himself would not think this is a good idea (Mr. Disney also produced some live-action teenybopper stuff during his lifetime, but at least they didn't have any plotlines like this).

Not any surprise that this is a Disney Channel production, with the exception of Phineas and Ferb, that channel continues to be a slap in the face to traditional DIsney fans like myself. Made and written by a bunch of talentless hacks, and starring a group of "actors" that can't even act to save their lives, "Dog with a Blog" is a piece of shh.. a piece of garbage, let's leave it at that.
  • the worst show on Disney Channel

3.5
    Dog with a Blog has really bad acting and is very corny. G. Hannelius is the worst actor on the show. I mean I loved her on leo's little big show, but she is a really bad actor. And seriously a talking dog on a kid's channel? It's been done, and Disney Channel isn't for five year olds! Though I admit that it has had some funny moments.. it is the worst show on Disney Channel.
  • Get your shit together, Disney

It's like they had that one chance to make a better Disney Channel show, and they ruin it with poor jokes and that fucking typical "Live Studio Audience" shit. I didn't even think the first episode was that bad, but of course the show would plummet into a dark ridged hole just like all the other live action shows on Disney Channel.
  • Raspberry.

G. Hannelius is like the prettiest babe around my age and deserves better than to be known on this crap. And Tyler's actor is great looking but needs to be less stupid (not the actor I mean Tyler the character).
  • UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UPDATED REVIEW

There are so many reasons why I just want to jump out a window when I watch this show.

1: The Characters

Avery-even if you have it on mute, her facial expressions make me want to throw up. She's SOOO smart, smarter than her older brother, and thinks she's all that just because she knows more than Tyler. I mean, seriously, how is Tyler a math genius when Avery makes fun of him for being so stupid?

Tyler-just cut your hair off already and READ A GODDAMN BOOK. Also do something about your eyebrows, you are. Your acting is terrible, and so is your character. If you think you're so 'cool' try getting education first and maybe the girls won't reject you because you're such an idiot.

Chloe-okay, but she's a spoiled brat.

Stan-His jokes are so idiotic. Martha from Martha Speaks can talk, so just let his 'secret' out, and END THE SHOW ALREADY.

And I'm not even going to do the parents, because c'mon. C'MON DISNEY CHANNEL.
  • Dog with a Blog

Lighten up folks. It's a kid show about a talking dog.
  • You know what?

I could write a long, descriptive review on just how much this show sucks. I could go into detail about how completely STUPID the idea of a god dang talking DOG with a mother truckin' BLOG is, but I won't. All you need to know is, this show sucks, and every time its on I can literally feel my brain rotting.
  • Retarted show

This show is down right garbage.
  • Dog with a shitty TV show

The entire idea of this show is CRAP. A talking dog that has a blog? Give me a fucking break. Almost anything on TV that involves talking animals is shit, and this show is no exception. Mix together bad acting, corny jokes, a stupid plot, a motherfucking TALKING DOG, drop it in the toilet and burn it, and you've got this pile of shit that Disney calls a TV show. I'd rather watch Barney than this. At least that show's educational and doesn't kill brain cells.
  • I love this show.

I just found this show on Disney and I love it. The first couple episodes seemed a bit contrite but as I watched more I grew to love the show and the characters. Stan is adorable.
  • Doggone good!

Why does everyone hate this show?? It's the first original Disney Channel idea I've heard for a while, I mean, Good Luck Charlie is pretty much a rip off of Full House, Austin and Ally Is pretty much Hannah Montana with a second Hannah, and Jessie might as well be The Nanny. I'm leaving out animated shows because they don't fit this category. But seriously, everyone loves the Buddies series but everyone has to bash this PI TI FUL
  • This Show Sucks

First of all the shows first episode was okay and then it started to suck badly I hate it the red headed girl isn't even funny really no one is like I said it sucks don't watch it
  • Cool Show

Obviously not like old disney channel shows, but it entertains and all these people saying its shit I would like you to try and make a show. It's a decent family show!
  • REMOVE THIS BITCHING SHOW!

THIS SHOW IS A PIECE OF SHIT,WORTHOLESS,DISNEY CHANNEL SHOULD REMOVE IT!DC,IF YOU HEAR THIS,REMOVE THIS SLUTTISH SHOW!!!!!!IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY,NOT A RATHER DIE THEN WATCH THIS SHIT!GO AWAY DWAB,GO talks,man i feel bad for the dog who is on this hate the characters,plot,this reminds me of even rather be banged on the wall and let blood come then even see a second of this is a very bad show and it won't even give any IT AT ONCE!the family are whorish shitty slutish FUCKING BITCH ASSED SHOW!
  • the stupidest show ever.

this show is a waste of time and it is the stupidest show ever made. what happened to disney channel ? This show is just about a dog .. with a blog. Bring back the old disney channel !
< 1 2 3