Dog with a Blog

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Oct 12, 2012 In Season

JusticeLeaguer

Dog with a Blog Fan Reviews (93)

6.3
  • When will Disney Channel ever learn?

1.5
    Haven't we had enough of these talking animal shows and movies? Marmaduke? Garfield? Cats & Dogs? Beverly Hills Chuhuahua? It doesn't work when translated to live-action. Dog with a Blog is no different, and I feel sorry for children that are being babysat by it.

Meet Avery (G. Hannelius) & Tyler Jennings (Blake Michael), they are step-siblings with absolutely nothing in common. Avery is the hard-working overachiever in the family, while Tyler is obsessed with looking like a pretty boy. Their dog Stan can talk, not only that, he also set up his own blog. Both Avery and Tyler find out about Stan's talents and agree to keep it a secret from their parents. Wow, what a couple of class acts... Not.

Created by Michael B. Kaplan, who also gave us that excruciating abomination known as "I'm in the Band", "Dog with a Blog" is something that should have been left in development hell, and I know for certain Walt Disney himself would not think this is a good idea (Mr. Disney also produced some live-action teenybopper stuff during his lifetime, but at least they didn't have any plotlines like this).

Not any surprise that this is a Disney Channel production, with the exception of Phineas and Ferb, that channel continues to be a slap in the face to traditional DIsney fans like myself. Made and written by a bunch of talentless hacks, and starring a group of "actors" that can't even act to save their lives, "Dog with a Blog" is a piece of shh.. a piece of garbage, let's leave it at that.