Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

" I'm not nobody" thread :)

penelope1985

[21]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm Penelope. I'm 23. I live in Athens, Greece and study French language and litterature at the University of Athens. I'm not a Josh Whedon fan but i loved the premiere of Dollhouse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rstevens9

[22]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm Ronald, 23 and a graduate student at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia. Joss Whedon is really good at creating these shows. I loved Angel and was ready to watch Dollhouse when I first heard about it.

MovieMark

[23]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 31
    Hey guys and dolls! (oh, see what I did there )

I'm Mark, I be 20 and I'm a Jossoholic.

*crickets*

I enjoyed the pilot of Dollhouse, although it was very disappointing. As a long-term Joss fan, I know what this man is capable of, and despite it being only the pilot, I think it's fair to say I expected more. A lot more.

Buffy is my all-time favourite show (there is just too much re-playability with this series) and Firenity is a close second.

HRGirl

[24]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    Hi All!

I am Stacey, 27 from Ohio.

costello7

[25]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm 50 and I live in North Carolina (USA). Joss is a genius, no doubt. I've worn out my Buffy and Angel DVDs. Loved Firefly, but not as much as Buffy or Angel and I think that's because Firefly only had the one season. Dr. Horrible was truly amazing. Can't wait for more of that.

Loved the Dollhouse pilot episode. Although there seem to be a lot of people upset about the lack of witty reparte, would it really fit in this show? Joss is no one-trick pony. I thought the writing in the pilot was tight and just what the show required.

I hope Dollhouse sticks, since this is Joss' last TV series (he says).

blufuzycow

[26]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 19
    Hey fellow Mutant Enemy fans! I'm Jamie and since the name doesn't really give it away I'm female. I'm 23 and from New Jersey. Currently I'm at Penn State working on my Master's degree in Media Studies which means some of the time I can justify watching TV as homework. Sadly the rest of the time is spent actually doing real homework. I seem to have a bad habit of falling in love with intelligent and original TV shows which usually translates into low ratings and a short life span so I'm hoping that Dollhouse does not suffer the same fate...

amaryllis88

[27]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 20
    Hi y'all, my name is Eleni, and almost 30 yrs old...Loved JW's other shows like BtVS, Angel, and Firefly; although I was a late-comer to the Firefly series (bought the dvd after it was canceled), but loved it anyway. Have been looking forward to Dollhouse ever since hearing about it..although I'm wondering whether the Friday night slot is such a hot idea, we'll soon find out. Some of my other fave shows include: Criminal Minds, True Blood, Pushing Daisies, Dexter, and Lie To Me. **Edited to add: I'm from New Jersey, however I currently reside in Texas, and have been here for the last 14 years.
    Edited on 02/25/2009 2:59pm

all4dogs

[28]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6

Hi everyone. I'm Julie from Silicon Valley, California. I'm *** years old. Nice to meet you all!

I'm defintely a Jossoholic and a big fan of anything SciFi or bizzare. I am absolutely in love with Firefly, but didn't know it existed until I bought the DVD set, and I'm a huge Serenity fan.

My other favorite shows include Star Trek Enterprise/Voyager/Next Gen, Heroes, Journeyman, Chuck, Moonlight, True Blood, Night Stalker, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Primeval, Sanctuary, Life On Mars, Reaper, Chuck, Nip/Tuck, Psych, Tru Calling, Rescue Me, American Idol, Hells Kitchen, and many others.

I've been a big fan of TV.com for years, and have read lots of reviews and forum postings. I've just started the practice of posting to forums and writing an occasional review. I look forward to contributing more in the future.

I really enjoy Dollhouse and hope for many episodes to come!

BTW...This profile pic isn't me. It just showed up one day--weird. She kind of looks like me, so I kept it

Edited on 03/18/2009 3:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

NeverTheSame91

[29]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    all4dogs wrote:

BTW...This profile pic isn't me. It just showed up one day--weird. She kind of looks like me, so I kept it

Just had a fit of spontaneous and unstoppable laugh syndrome. That cracked me up. W-I-E-R-D!

Anyway..Hey there! I'm Alexis. A girl. 17. I'm Filipino and I'm sort of a nomad. I've lived the last 4 years in Qatar (a wee country in the Middle East), went home to the Philippines for college (only lasted a semester taking up Chemical Engineering), and I came back here in Qatar again to spend some time with my family while I evaluate what I really want to do with my life (I'm leaning on a business course right now).

So for the last 4 months, I've had nothing to do but be a couch potato. Except for the occasional part-time work that I get, I spend my days watching TV, movies, going to the mall and reading Harry Potter fanfiction. Oh and I also obsess a lot. I like to read spoilers for certain shows and I am astounded by the fact that many are killing off a major character or two. I'm in nightmare overdrive.

I wouldn't really consider myself a Sci-Fi fan. I just watch shows that catch my eye and have a really good premise. I love BtVS and Angel but have yet to see Firefly (planning on it though). Dr. Horrible was such a treat because like Joss, I am just mad for musicals (and Neil Patrick Harris).

My other favorite shows are Lost, Bones, Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell, anyone?), Gilmore Girls, NCIS, House, CSI:NY (only one of the three), Law and Order:SVU (same here), The 4400, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Tru Calling (Eliza Dushku, duh!), The OC, Charmed, So You Think You Can Dance, Survivor, The Amazing Race and my guiltiest of guilty pleasures, Gossip Girl. There are a lot more but I don't think I could fit it in. I've already taken too much of your time if you even bothered to read this.

So, lastly, may I say, I am falling in love with Dollhouse and I hope that it'll last a long time. I wish to know all of you well here in the Dollhouse forums because I believe that we'll be together discussing this show for a long while.

Edited on 03/24/2009 7:06am

ebony_kunoichi

[30]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 13

Well...

I am Lakisha, I am 32. I live in a suburban yuppie nightmare far north of Dallas, TX. Umm...I am not a huge whedon fan. I loved Buffy and I watch Angel for 2 seasons then it lost me. Never watched Alias or tru calling. I have tried to watch Firefly, but I cant stand it! I hate anything with a western theme and it was kinda too boring for me. I love most sci-fi, but I'm into the gritty stuff. BSG is my favorite show of all time and the only reason I started watching this show is because of BSG Alum who play agent Ballard. Star Wars is my favorite anything!

So far Dollhouse has been o.k. I will keep watching untill it totally loses me or jumps the shark. The first 5 episodes were just o.k. or plain aweful. The last episode was reallly good and introduced a real interesting story arc. So I will stick to it for now.

kayleecat

[31]May 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'm Kathleen (aka Kay), it's spelled "Cutlean" here in Germany and I savor my last six weeks being 27. I grew up with Whedon's Buffy and it will always be my all-time favorite tv show. Joss is my personal hero and I hope he lives another 80 years writing incredible scripts so I can grow old with one of his amazing shows as well.
    Edited on 05/24/2009 5:19am

marchingbando

[32]May 9, 2009
    • level: 2

I'm Megan, a 21 year old Environmental Science Major from Northern California, near Sacromento. I started watching Dollhouse because some of my friends are huge Firefly fans and they started to Dollhouse. I love Dr. Horrible and have seen a bit of Firefly, thats my summer project to finish. I'm a huge Sci-fi fan, watch Star Trek and ST:TNG for as long as I can remember and watched and loved DS9 and Voyager when they were on. Other favorite TV shows include Quantum Leap and M*A*S*H* for old shows and Bones(!), House and Big Bang Theory for current shows. I read a lot, mostly science fiction and fantasy: Asimov, Heinlein, McCaffery, Lackey, ect. For movies I mostly watch Romantic Comedies: Sleepless in Seatle, What's Up Doc?, Princess Bride, but I also watch some Action/Adventure and other stuff. I love music and listen to a lot of stuff, not Metal, Country or Classical (much), but anything else really. I only recently found the TV.com forums, but I hope to be here with all of you if Dollhouse gets the second season that it deserves.

Aurorastarr

[33]May 9, 2009
    • level: 7

Hi, I'm Valerie, from Colorado. I love science fiction, fantasy and Joss Whedon.

AllieAllie

[34]May 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    Hi my name's Allie, I'm 16 yrs old and live in Ohio. I'm into all types of shows, including comedies, dramas, fantasy and obviously some science fiction too-otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum. I'm a big Whedon fan, I watched Buffy, Angel and Firefly and loved all of them, though I have to say that Buffy was my favorite out of all of those. Other sci-fi shows I've liked are Charmed, Heroes, and Kyle XY. I like a few cartoons too, as you can probably tell from my sig. Avatar is the one that I like the most, its my fave. Anyway, what else about me....hmm...well I guess thats all you need to know. I'll try to post here often, but I probably come here more frequently when the new season starts.
    Edited on 05/10/2009 1:34pm

kok_warlock

[35]May 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hi, my name is Diego, I'm from Brazil, I travelled a few times abroad and wish I could do that more often, I'm already graduated and I work as a Webdeveloper, I'm a big fan of Whedon's work and I enjoy a lot sci-fi and comedies, I see a lot of of tv series, movies and dead people, the latter usually drunk

PS: Nice to see a good collection of people from all parts of the globe.

WolfgalX

[36]May 19, 2009
    Hi, I'm Marissa, from North Carolina in the US. And I just posted a brainless question in the off-topic thread.

FaithTheSlayer

[37]May 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    My name is Blake.
    I'm 17, and live on the east coast.
    I'm to obsessed with TV for my own good.
    I have 92 Tv-Ov-DVD titles...yea, see, I told you, wayyyy too obsessed....
    I like to write, stories mostly.
    I used to be addicted to Myspace, but I found help at the local Myspace Anonymous group. Seriously. True Story.....

alwaysobsessed

[38]Jun 15, 2009
    Hello Im Elle Im 17.. Im from Denmark, Dollhouse isnt airing there yet though Im obsessed with music, tv and partying .. *waves*

Lady_Lancaster

[39]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 41

Hi There,

I'm a 40-year-old Aussie and I think "Dollhouse" is excellent. I've always been a fan of Eliza Dushku and I really enjoy quality tv.

vac1981

[40]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    Hi my name is Vicky and i'm 28. i love most of joss whedon's work even have buffy orginal movie. i think that dollhouse is great if i had the chance i would love to be a doll. would like to see eliza as either faith or tru in dollhouse their persona's i mean.