Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Another Season?

Do you think "Dollhouse" will get picked up for a second season?

michael_LB92

[121]May 4, 2009
    • level: 24
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Do you guys care to elaborate on your views?

I'm not sure if you're confused from the post a few posts before. But when the person said it's advertised as a season finale, that means there will be another season, they assumed because the ad didn't say "series" finale, it wasn't the last episode of the series... just the season.

I wouldn't trust this theory. Ever.

Heaps of shows' series finales are advertised as "season" finales, because they haven't been cancelled yet. If you're not confused, then disregard my post completely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spikemaniac

[122]May 5, 2009
    • level: 50
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

I'm not sure if you're confused from the post a few posts before. But when the person said it's advertised as a season finale, that means there will be another season, they assumed because the ad didn't say "series" finale, it wasn't the last episode of the series... just the season.

Heaps of shows' series finales are advertised as "season" finales, because they haven't been cancelled yet. If you're not confused, then disregard my post completely.
    I was saying it in response to the two posters who said "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE!!!!" and "GOD I HOPE NOT!!!" without saying why they thought this.

michael_LB92

[123]May 5, 2009
    spikemaniac wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

I was saying it in response to the two posters who said "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE!!!!" and "GOD I HOPE NOT!!!" without saying why they thought this.

My theory.. they're secretly being sarcastic and posing as fans of the show. AND... we're really the only two who like it.

spikemaniac

[124]May 5, 2009
    • level: 50
    That's so depressing.
    You depress me Micheal!

maybebaby5311

[125]May 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    if there isn't a season two i will stab some

dericlee

[126]May 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    Sadly, it seems they already might have (pulled a 'firefly'). I first heard of Firefly when it showed up on SciFi channel. I first heard of Dollhouse (as a matter of fact) today, while looking up an episode of House.

I don't live in a cave..really! Some really good shows are dying just for being under-publicized, and that's just a shame.

Wraithbones

[127]May 5, 2009
    • level: 2

A comment within the last day from Eliza, on her twitter, gives some new hope for another season.

"Thanks for all the Twitts/tweets as of today, Dollhouse is NOT cancelled, I'll letcha know as soon as I do about future, nxt wk ep ROCKS imo.A.T., man"

https://twitter.com/ElizaPatricia/status/1701167723

and yes it is confirmed as hers.

http://whedon.info/Eliza-Dushku-s-Twitter-revealed.html

That comment doesn't give us a yes or no answer, but hell, I've gotten some more of that hope aflowing.

___Mr_Nasty___

[128]May 5, 2009
    I can't understand the end part.

hedc0ld

[129]May 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    I absolutely love this show! please bring it back for a second season! Dollhouse, supernatural , smallville , reaper , chuck , trueblood , weeds , californication are my favorite shows, please don't take another fantasic show away from us!

tv_lover066

[130]May 6, 2009
    • level: 12
    If dollhouse didnt get another season...especially after the latest episode it would be tragic! I actually NEED a second season! I am hooked...an i need my fix people! And like so many before have said...dollhouse feels like a CW show and would prabably do quite well over there

sheeleyb

[131]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    God, I hope so. Other than Lost and an occasional South Park, there isn't anything else to watch on TV.

WatchinPreacher

[132]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3

YES, there probably will be (I hope so...!

Sci-Fi on TV right now is Fringe, LOST(more and more now) and Dollhouse. And we need more Sci-Fi, can't afford to drop this one AND Terminator series. I WANT MORE SCI-FI!

quiksilver9774

[133]May 7, 2009
    If it does get renewed for another season, then ill start watching it. The reason being that I don't want to get sucked into a show and then just have it end all of a sudden.

Grimtank

[134]May 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    quiksilver9774 wrote:
    If it does get renewed for another season, then ill start watching it. The reason being that I don't want to get sucked into a show and then just have it end all of a sudden.

I know what you mean. I finally got on board with Scrubs 3 episodes later it ended forever.

quiksilver9774

[135]May 8, 2009
    Grimtank wrote:
    quiksilver9774 wrote:

I know what you mean. I finally got on board with Scrubs 3 episodes later it ended forever.

I was even about to watch Moonlight but it ended. *sigh* All the good shows abruptly end

stellarchick86

[136]May 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    After having just watched the season finale, there better be a second season! It was FANTASTIC and there are still so many things that need to be answered/places they can go with it. I wouldnt feel like Im not losing something because everything would be tied up in a bow if they dont re-new.

michael_LB92

[137]May 9, 2009
    Grimtank wrote:
    quiksilver9774 wrote:

It still might continue on.
    And at least you have about 140 more episodes you can watch.

victor2junye

[138]May 11, 2009
    Haha for a moment I was so happy to see Dollhouse "Renewed"
    http://www.endofshow.com/2009/05/11/breaking-news-dollhouse-renewed/

International network Global TV have added a banner to their website advertising a "New Season" of Dollhouse, "Coming this Fall". Global aired the full first season in sync with FOX this season. Is it a misprint? Is it true?

So far FOX has not returned request for comment. Updates to come.

Update: The advert in question added to article.

Update 2: FOX have responded. "The series has not been renewed yet. Any renewal announcement would be made at the upfront Presentation a week from today."

Cleary FOX is STILL making their decisions!

kikimarie593

[139]May 11, 2009
    • level: 27

victor2junye wrote:
    Haha for a moment I was so happy to see Dollhouse "Renewed" http://www.endofshow.com/2009/05/11/breaking-news-dollhouse-renewed/ International network Global TV have added a banner to their website advertising a "New Season" of Dollhouse, "Coming this Fall". Global aired the full first season in sync with FOX this season. Is it a misprint? Is it true? So far FOX has not returned request for comment. Updates to come. Update: The advert in question added to article. Update 2: FOX have responded. "The series has not been renewed yet. Any renewal announcement would be made at the upfront Presentation a week from today." Cleary FOX is STILL making their decisions!

I read that same thing earlier. But even though it hasn't been confirmed yet, I think that most rumors start from little bits of truth. And even if they don't, I don't care. Because I still think Dollhouse will be renewed!

mojomoonjo

[140]May 13, 2009

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME GOOD LOOKING GUY DOLLS?! BORED OF ALL THE AVERAGE LOOKING PEOPLE ON THIS SHOW. AMY ACKER HOWEVER, TOTALLY ROCKS!

AND GET RID OF THOSE STUPID SLUTTY SCHOOLGIRL OUTFITS THEY KEEP PUTTING ON ECHO/ELIZA!