Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Are you ready for the Epitaph One arc on Dollhouse? (Potential spoilers)

Vesper-Lynd

[1]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 18

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored E1 as an episode and applaud Joss and his crew for creating such an amazing, shocking, and profound episode. I love that Dollhouse as a show goes so much farther than and is so much more than human playthings for the rich. I'm certain I wouldn't like the show so much otherwise.

That being said, I don't know if I can stomach the progression into the E1 arc, I've read the summaries of the upcoming episodes and it looks like they each progress more and more into how this horrible future comes into play. I suppose it's just me, but post-apocalyptic futures are depressing enough. Seeing it happen already knowing that it cannot changewill be hard.

I don't know. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else somewhat feels the same way?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spikemaniac

[2]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 50
    I know where you're coming from, however I'm really looking forward to seeing the progression towards Epitaph One, which we already started to see in "Belle Chose", where Topher first remote wiped.

Lady_Lancaster

[3]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 41

Maybe it's the Wake we don't want to acknowledge? I hope not.

michael_LB92

[4]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 24
    I also find the E1 thing depressing, as said in some other thread. I hope we can work up to the point quickly so we can move on from there and then have a huge feel-good romantic-comedy ending, like I'm sure Joss has planned for me.

TwistedConverse

[5]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 23
    I don't really want a happy ending, wouldn't suit the tone of the show at all imo. I want a Not Fade Away - ish ending.

michael_LB92

[6]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 24
    I wasn't serious I highly doubt a show like this could give a happy ending. I just don't want a "the world is frakked!" ending.