Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dollhouse in the UK.

melliecho

[1]May 10, 2009
    • level: 3

Dollhouse is set to be aired on the SciFi channel, over here in the UK on may 19th, but why not on FOXUK? If it was set to be aired on FOXUK, the big boots up at FOX would realise exactly how big the UK fanbase is, and then the possibility of renewing Dollhouse in the UK. Dollhouse has moreorless failed in America, but I have a feeling that it'll thrive over here. Joss should have just come straight over here to the BBC, where the British viewers have lapped up sci-fi/drama such as Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primevil etc.

Does anyone else think that the show would have been better off starting in the UK?? And who does everyone think Dollhouse will do in the UK?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[2]May 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    Eh, I'm American so I'm extremely biased when I say that I still liked Dollhouse premiering over here .

But I've been thinking about what the ratings would be over in the U.K even though a lot of people over there have already seen the episodes on the internet (in their own ways).

I'm hoping that it will get excellent ratings over there, maybe Dollhouse will get picked up in the U.K because of it. Here's hoping.

TwistedConverse

[3]May 10, 2009
    • level: 23
    Well I've already watched all the show online but will definitely be watching it when it's on over here (though I might have to record it on Sky+ cause I have exams and stuff).

thetruesora

[4]May 10, 2009
    I'm in england and haven't seen a FoxUK channel (probably going to look really stupid saying that). I look forward to watching the episodes on Sci-fi (especially from episode 6 onwards).

melliecho

[5]May 11, 2009
    thetruesora wrote:
    I'm in england and haven't seen a FoxUK channel (probably going to look really stupid saying that). I look forward to watching the episodes on Sci-fi (especially from episode 6 onwards).

There is a FoxUK channel, I just can't remember what it's called. I only know about it because NCIS Season 5 was shown on there before coming on to Five. Damn not having Sky

TwistedConverse

[6]May 11, 2009
    FoxUK is called "FX" I think. It airs Dexter which is very awesome.

thetruesora

[7]May 11, 2009
    Oh I know FX. I didn't realise it was FoxUK (never heard any mention of it before now). Dexter IS awesome! I thought you was saying that the channel was specifically called "FoxUK" which caused my confusion.

melliecho

[8]May 11, 2009
    A thoughtjust occured to me. The UK MAY have shortened Dollhouse eps than the originals in the US. SciFi Channel does not have 'Remote-Free TV' (a trial FOX premiered with Dollhouse and Fringe - longer eps, shorter commerical breaks). The schedule is up for May 19th (when Dollhouse premiers on SciFi) and Dollhouse runs for an hour. If SciFi doesn't pick up 'Remote-Free TV' we may be seeing some scenes cut down for time. However, SKYOne picked up 'Remote-Free TV' for Fringe so Bristish viewers see the same episodes as the American viewers.

spikemaniac

[9]May 11, 2009
    • level: 50
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Eh, I'm American so I'm extremely biased when I say that I still liked Dollhouse premiering over here .

But I've been thinking about what the ratings would be over in the U.K even though a lot of people over there have already seen the episodes on the internet (in their own ways).

Yeah I know that's the case over here. Very little amount of people have been watching Gossip Girl season 2 on TV, or even Lost season 5, because it's just so much better to watch it online and then be able to take part in discussion on American forums and stuff.

lazyjay

[10]May 11, 2009
    • level: 30
    The media delivery companies seriously need to take a hint and end the stupid idea of different content and release dates for different countries. Maybe that worked 30 years ago, but it's a whole new world now.

I should so totally be in charge of things. Well, maybe not because I'm flakier than dandruff, but still, I'd run things differently.

TwistedConverse

[11]May 11, 2009
    I wish you were in charge of Fox, Jay.

You could renew Dollhouse forever and ever.

thetruesora

[12]May 11, 2009
    Or if we could arrange for whoever is in charge to be imprinted with a personality that wants Dollhouse renewed.