Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dollhouse Returning

  • Avatar of nikkid3

    nikkid3

    [1]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 02/27/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 7

    I am so happy that Dollhouse is coming back. I think it gets better with every episode and I can not wait to see new ones. I think it is a great show. Then again I find myself liking just about anything that Joss does. However, I hate to see T:SCC leave though. I think it was a great show but it was starting to go down hill. But I hate when networks give us a show for season after season and then just end it. But they really did not end it. They did a season finale that was just that a season finale. It left things up in the air. It did not end. All it did was leave people who actually watch the show with questions. And with the movie coming out this summer I think the fans of the tv show are going to want more. More of John, Cameron, and Sarah. More robots. More guns. More action. Not more questions left unanswered. CBS is doing the same thing with The Unit. Taking a great show off the air and leaving people who love and watch every week with questions. CBS and Fox are both making mistakes. Before when they cancelled a show (Jericho - CBS and Prison Break - Fox) that was watched and loved at least they did another season and wrapped everything up for us. They answered the questions and ended them right. Fox gave us five weeks of Prison Break and ended things and did not leave us questioning what would happen or what could happen. Don't we deserve that with TSCC? I want to know who and where I write to at CBS and to Fox to let them know they owe us endings. We are the ones that watch and I think we deserve an ending to some of our favorite shows and not to be left hanging. We are loyal to our shows and therefore the networks that show them.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [2]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    Ramble much?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SVU_Obsessed

    SVU_Obsessed

    [3]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 17,493
    This might have been better placed in one of the already existing threads about Dollhouse's renewal. There are already too many threads about it cluttering up the board.
    Edited on 05/20/2009 9:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [4]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    lol, as much as I love TSCC and hate that it got cancelled, you kinda digressed. And besides, there are lots of threads here about Dollhouse's renewal already. Please post your thoughts there if you feel the need to share.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [5]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    Dollhouse is returning? When did this happen!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [6]May 21, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    LMAO Michael.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cinaos

    cinaos

    [7]May 21, 2009
    • member since: 10/02/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 38
    I was surprised Dollhouse will have season 2 but TSCC won't. After all, on a Fridays, viewers are lower. Dollhouse's first season average 3+ million only whereas TSCC's second season was 4+ million. I guess if Dollhouse does not increase viewers that will be the end of it after the second season as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [8]May 21, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    Only reason TSCC had a higher average was because half the season aired on Mondays.

    Dollhouse ftw!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [9]May 21, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    Plus, Fox makes money off Dollhouse DVD's but doesn't make it off of TSCC DVD's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [10]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    Plus, FOX execs want to keep seeing Eliza in the skankiest things they can get away with at 9 at night.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [11]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    ^^ Who doesn't want to see this?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [12]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Good question Twisted, but I don't like how they're using Eliza's sexuality a bit TOO much on the show. Every once in a while is fine, but ever frickin' episode is not necessary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kadodian

    Kadodian

    [13]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 07/01/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,337
    Joss and Fox are giving people what they want. Everyone knows that shows today survive on celebrity skin. Like True Blood became a hit because of Ryan Kwanten getting naked every episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [14]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters. It's just like a wonderful extra .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [15]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Plus, FOX execs want to keep seeing Eliza in the skankiest things they can get away with at 9 at night.


    and this is bad how?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [16]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    Everybody who oggles Eliza in Dollhouse is just as bad as the Dollhouse's clients.

    Fact!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [17]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    Everybody who oggles Eliza in Dollhouse is just as bad as the Dollhouse's clients.

    Fact!


    yeah i'm still not seeing the problem...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [18]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters.


    I sort of agree with this. It's actually a little neccessary for the show to be sexed-up. Shows the types of things these dolls have to do..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [19]May 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    NJZ wrote:
    Good question Twisted, but I don't like how they're using Eliza's sexuality a bit TOO much on the show. Every once in a while is fine, but ever frickin' episode is not necessary.

    You feminist!

    Kadodian wrote:
    Joss and Fox are giving people what they want. Everyone knows that shows today survive on celebrity skin. Like True Blood became a hit because of Ryan Kwanten getting naked every episode.

    Well that's not why I watch True Blood! Not at all! I say "pfft!" to Ryan Kwanten!
    *shifty eyes*
    ...
    Aussies rock!

    michael_LB92 wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters.


    I sort of agree with this. It's actually a little neccessary for the show to be sexed-up. Shows the types of things these dolls have to do..

    Agreed. Especially Whiskey's dance in "Omega". Honestly Amy hasn't been that hot since "The House Always Wins".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [20]May 24, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters.


    I sort of agree with this. It's actually a little neccessary for the show to be sexed-up. Shows the types of things these dolls have to do..


    I disagree. I think the immorality of the Dollhouse would be just as apparent if Echo always wore heavy layers of nun clothing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.