Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dollhouse Returning

nikkid3

[1]May 20, 2009
    • level: 2

I am so happy that Dollhouse is coming back. I think it gets better with every episode and I can not wait to see new ones. I think it is a great show. Then again I find myself liking just about anything that Joss does. However, I hate to see T:SCC leave though. I think it was a great show but it was starting to go down hill. But I hate when networks give us a show for season after season and then just end it. But they really did not end it. They did a season finale that was just that a season finale. It left things up in the air. It did not end. All it did was leave people who actually watch the show with questions. And with the movie coming out this summer I think the fans of the tv show are going to want more. More of John, Cameron, and Sarah. More robots. More guns. More action. Not more questions left unanswered. CBS is doing the same thing with The Unit. Taking a great show off the air and leaving people who love and watch every week with questions. CBS and Fox are both making mistakes. Before when they cancelled a show (Jericho - CBS and Prison Break - Fox) that was watched and loved at least they did another season and wrapped everything up for us. They answered the questions and ended them right. Fox gave us five weeks of Prison Break and ended things and did not leave us questioning what would happen or what could happen. Don't we deserve that with TSCC? I want to know who and where I write to at CBS and to Fox to let them know they owe us endings. We are the ones that watch and I think we deserve an ending to some of our favorite shows and not to be left hanging. We are loyal to our shows and therefore the networks that show them.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

___Mr_Nasty___

[2]May 20, 2009
    • level: 24
    Ramble much?

SVU_Obsessed

[3]May 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    This might have been better placed in one of the already existing threads about Dollhouse's renewal. There are already too many threads about it cluttering up the board.
    Edited on 05/20/2009 9:53am

NJZ

[4]May 20, 2009
    • level: 29
    lol, as much as I love TSCC and hate that it got cancelled, you kinda digressed. And besides, there are lots of threads here about Dollhouse's renewal already. Please post your thoughts there if you feel the need to share.

michael_LB92

[5]May 20, 2009
    Dollhouse is returning? When did this happen!?

NJZ

[6]May 21, 2009
    LMAO Michael.

cinaos

[7]May 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    I was surprised Dollhouse will have season 2 but TSCC won't. After all, on a Fridays, viewers are lower. Dollhouse's first season average 3+ million only whereas TSCC's second season was 4+ million. I guess if Dollhouse does not increase viewers that will be the end of it after the second season as well.

___Mr_Nasty___

[8]May 21, 2009
    Only reason TSCC had a higher average was because half the season aired on Mondays.

Dollhouse ftw!

TwistedConverse

[9]May 21, 2009
    • level: 23
    Plus, Fox makes money off Dollhouse DVD's but doesn't make it off of TSCC DVD's.

michael_LB92

[10]May 23, 2009
    Plus, FOX execs want to keep seeing Eliza in the skankiest things they can get away with at 9 at night.

TwistedConverse

[11]May 23, 2009
    ^^ Who doesn't want to see this?

NJZ

[12]May 23, 2009
    Good question Twisted, but I don't like how they're using Eliza's sexuality a bit TOO much on the show. Every once in a while is fine, but ever frickin' episode is not necessary.

Kadodian

[13]May 23, 2009
    Joss and Fox are giving people what they want. Everyone knows that shows today survive on celebrity skin. Like True Blood became a hit because of Ryan Kwanten getting naked every episode.

TwistedConverse

[14]May 23, 2009
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters. It's just like a wonderful extra .

thetruesora

[15]May 23, 2009
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Plus, FOX execs want to keep seeing Eliza in the skankiest things they can get away with at 9 at night.

and this is bad how?

___Mr_Nasty___

[16]May 23, 2009
    Everybody who oggles Eliza in Dollhouse is just as bad as the Dollhouse's clients.

Fact!

thetruesora

[17]May 23, 2009
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    Everybody who oggles Eliza in Dollhouse is just as bad as the Dollhouse's clients.

Fact!

yeah i'm still not seeing the problem...

michael_LB92

[18]May 23, 2009
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters.

I sort of agree with this. It's actually a little neccessary for the show to be sexed-up. Shows the types of things these dolls have to do..

spikemaniac

[19]May 24, 2009
    • level: 50
    NJZ wrote:
    Good question Twisted, but I don't like how they're using Eliza's sexuality a bit TOO much on the show. Every once in a while is fine, but ever frickin' episode is not necessary.

You feminist!

Kadodian wrote:
    Joss and Fox are giving people what they want. Everyone knows that shows today survive on celebrity skin. Like True Blood became a hit because of Ryan Kwanten getting naked every episode.

Well that's not why I watch True Blood! Not at all! I say "pfft!" to Ryan Kwanten!
    *shifty eyes*
    Aussies rock!

michael_LB92 wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    To be fair, I don't think getting Eliza is slutty outfits every week is getting in the way of the plots or the characters.

I sort of agree with this. It's actually a little neccessary for the show to be sexed-up. Shows the types of things these dolls have to do..

Agreed. Especially Whiskey's dance in "Omega". Honestly Amy hasn't been that hot since "The House Always Wins".

buffyTVSrox

[20]May 24, 2009
    • level: 33
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:

I disagree. I think the immorality of the Dollhouse would be just as apparent if Echo always wore heavy layers of nun clothing.