Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dollhouse S01E13 - Epitaph One

kanniballl

[81]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 18

michael_LB92 wrote:
    I kinda hope it's just a possible ending.

I watched it the second time with the Commentary turned on. Apparently they are shooting for those events to be canon.

Jed and his wife said that they tried to setup milestones and scenes that they can hit if the show continues, and while some of the scenes are pretty specific some are left a little vague. However they said even the vague ones they want to hit at some point, though the context in which they occur (or the events leading up to it) might not be what is assumed.

So, if we are to believe the commentary those events will happen one way or another... it's just a matter of time.

Now the question is whether another season (13 episodes) will be enough to reach the beginnings of it. IE, will we have the Kitchen ultimatum scene this season, or further in the future.

Edited on 08/03/2009 1:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[82]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 22
    Just watched the episode on Sci-fi here in england and WOW!!!!!!! I wander what bits were cut out to fit in (since they've had to do that for each episode to fit in a normal 1 hour slot). Again with Victor's body that guy (can't remember what his name is) said about living on. However like we discussed in the topic for Haunted it's not really "you" but effectively a clone with a different looking body. I really enjoyed Topher/Adelle and of course Sierra/Victor

Favourite quote: "So do I ask you for the fridge or do I have to speak to someone higher up?"
    Funny quote from guy i found annoying at first: "If you point to the chair again i'm going to shoot you!"

___Mr_Nasty___

[83]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 24
    Dunno, about anyone else but one of my very favourite things in this episode is Priya. She's so badass, I kind of love her now.

kingoffheg

[84]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 11

ffxi_victor wrote:
    The song "Remains" is on amazon for downloads. But some nice soul uploaded it for us: https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RyNnFJeDNrWThLSkE9PQ LOVING IT.

can you possibly offer an alternative link? cuz this one has expired if not can someone plz email it to me or something? msg me and i'll give you my email

spikemaniac

[85]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 50
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    Dunno, about anyone else but one of my very favourite things in this episode is Priya. She's so badass, I kind of love her now.

Her weird sounding accent gets in my way of liking her too much.

lazyjay

[86]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 30
    spikemaniac wrote:

Am I bad for mis-reading that as "licking" first time though?

spikemaniac

[87]Aug 12, 2009
    lazyjay wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

Am I bad for mis-reading that as "licking" first time though?

Nope. Actually it makes you super clever, coz it was supposed to say "licking" and "liking" was a typo. Whoops.

___Mr_Nasty___

[88]Aug 12, 2009
    spikemaniac wrote:

She just sounds Australian to me.

spikemaniac

[89]Aug 12, 2009
    Well she sounds Australian to me too, but it's like a weird, slightly exaggerated, unnatural Australian. Everything is so properly pronounced. Nobody speaks like that. It's annoying because she's an authentic Aussie, and her accent doesn't even sound authentic.

___Mr_Nasty___

[90]Aug 12, 2009
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Well she sounds Australian to me too, but it's like a weird, slightly exaggerated, unnatural Australian. Everything is so properly pronounced. Nobody speaks like that. It's annoying because she's an authentic Aussie, and her accent doesn't even sound authentic.

Well, I have to say I understand that completely. I can't stand John Hannah in most things for exactly the same reason.

spikemaniac

[91]Aug 12, 2009
    Ah, fair enough, yes. I've only seen him in The Mummy movies and Sliding Doors, but I liked him.

michael_LB92

[92]Aug 12, 2009
    spikemaniac wrote:

I heard somewhere they make Australians really exaggerate their accents, even on shows like "Packed to the Rafters" for international sales. I dunno, people just like the stupid, bogan-esque non-existant Australian accent over the real ones.

spikemaniac

[93]Aug 12, 2009
    Yeah, Packed to the Rafters sounds slightly better than Dichen Lachman, but it still sounds fake. Neighbours isn't too bad though.

thetruesora

[94]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    It was good seeing Victor (has his real name been revealed?) got together with Priya. I didn't have any trouble with her aussie accent. Shame they broke up for some unknown reason. Also, Spikemaniac I LOVE your sig! NPH is awesomeness personified!

Grimtank

[95]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    Here's a megaupload link for it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6FSURL4 It's an avi. Gee I hop I don't get banned for this.

buffyTVSrox

[96]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 33
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Well she sounds Australian to me too, but it's like a weird, slightly exaggerated, unnatural Australian. Everything is so properly pronounced. Nobody speaks like that.

When Sam and her family were visiting from Australia and we met up, her mother told her that she'd have to enunciate more to be properly understood. Apparently Americans are more particular about pronunciations? So perhaps they had Dichen pronounce things like that so that Dollhouse's primary audience in America could understand her fine, even if it made her sound sort of funny to Australians.

spikemaniac

[97]Aug 12, 2009
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Well she sounds Australian to me too, but it's like a weird, slightly exaggerated, unnatural Australian. Everything is so properly pronounced. Nobody speaks like that.

When Sam and her family were visiting from Australia and we met up, her mother told her that she'd have to enunciate more to be properly understood. Apparently Americans are more particular about pronunciations? So perhaps they had Dichen pronounce things like that so that Dollhouse's primary audience in America could understand her fine, even if it made her sound sort of funny to Australians.

Probably. But it's annoying.

Grimtank wrote:
    Here's a megaupload link for it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6FSURL4 It's an avi. Gee I hop I don't get banned for this.

Well it's not really allowed.

Grimtank

[98]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    Wow. That episode was amazing! The best of the series in my opinion.

ionee24

[99]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 32
    D-BorG wrote:
    Just watched it, and already it's my favorite episode.

That was the single most disturbing hour of Dollhouse and I loved every minute of it!

Zone reminds me of a twisted version of Wash (but in a good way) and if Heroes would've used Molly Walker the way Joss Whedon used Iris here volume 4 wouldn't have been the mess that it was.

I was so sure they were gonna use Mag for the Caroline imprint the kid was a great twist. Solid appearances of Whiskey, Topher and Adele, they completely sold that sheer sense of doom even more so that the people actually living the disaster they left for them, I only wish we could see more of the 2019 people and know about how alpha managed to save the day (Who knew!).

oldsage

[100]Aug 18, 2009
    • level: 9

I just watched this episode. I didn't read the ten pages of posts though, so if I am repeating what others have said, forgive me please.

Shame on Fox for not airing this episode this past season. Considering that the series was on the bubble at the time, an episode like this would have drawn in a lot more viewers, especially if aired a few weeks after season-finale fests, when there wasn't anything else good on the tube.

Joss Whedon at his finest, in my opinion.