Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dollhouse to be RENEWED (for real, this time!)

  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [101]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    NJZ, I almost had a heart attack when I saw Tahmoh in your sig there. I thought it was about Paul Ballard and I was like "WTF? Does NJZ like him? But he's annoying!" then I saw the BSG thing and it was all good. I trust he is better in BSG?

    And the thought of FtVS actually gives me a huge nerdgasm. If they cancel Dollhouse, Joss and Eliza must stay together and do this!


    Much better on BSG, from what I've seen anyway. He's really likeable as Helo. I want FtVS to happen so much. Really. It won't ever happen though. That much I've accepted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [102]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    NJZ wrote:
    I want FtVS to happen so much. Really. It won't ever happen though. That much I've accepted.


    I think FtVS would only maybe have worked very soon after Buffy and if they had the services of the excellent DB Woodside.

    Whedon should probably just concentrate on new stories now, imo.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [103]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    NJZ wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    NJZ, I almost had a heart attack when I saw Tahmoh in your sig there. I thought it was about Paul Ballard and I was like "WTF? Does NJZ like him? But he's annoying!" then I saw the BSG thing and it was all good. I trust he is better in BSG?


    Much better on BSG, from what I've seen anyway. He's really likeable as Helo.


    He really is. Having seen Battlestar Galactica first, I was really disappointed upon seeing that in Dollhouse a really great and likable BSG character (or the actor, anyway) had become such a simple-minded somewhat annoying character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SVU_Obsessed

    SVU_Obsessed

    [104]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 17,493
    TwistedConverse wrote:

    And the thought of FtVS actually gives me a huge nerdgasm. If they cancel Dollhouse, Joss and Eliza must stay together and do this!

    Man, to have Eliza back in her "Faith" clothes would be awesome. I like her better when she's not so girly
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [105]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    I watched Five By Five earlier on and I had to rewatch the bit in the club where Faith is dancing around beating people up.

    I wish Eliza had said yes to the spinoff .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SVU_Obsessed

    SVU_Obsessed

    [106]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 17,493
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    I watched Five By Five earlier on and I had to rewatch the bit in the club where Faith is dancing around beating people up.

    I wish Eliza had said yes to the spinoff .

    Me, too. But to be honest...I didn't really see it getting the ratings. It may not have even lasted a season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [107]May 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:
    They aired 4 episodes in the US, and 6 in Australia.
    They aired 5 in the US .

    Is this in reference to Tru Calling? Coz I think they aired 6 in everywhere but the US, which is kinda stupid coz it originates from the US.

    britneysman1311 wrote:
    Well this makes up for canceling Tru Calling

    No. It doesn't.


    Yeah they never aired, "Twas the Night Before Christmas...Again", but they aired all the others. Stinkin' FOX. I still miss that show and I don't really see how this makes up for it, either.

    Oh man, you missed the Christmas episode? That had an awesome Jack/Tru interactoin, showing his lonely side and Tru trying to be nice to him on Christmas. Kinda like Buffy/Faith. And this was one step closer to Jack/Tru getting jiggy. Kinda like Buffy/Faith!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SVU_Obsessed

    SVU_Obsessed

    [108]May 24, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 17,493
    spikemaniac wrote:

    Oh man, you missed the Christmas episode? That had an awesome Jack/Tru interactoin, showing his lonely side and Tru trying to be nice to him on Christmas. Kinda like Buffy/Faith. And this was one step closer to Jack/Tru getting jiggy. Kinda like Buffy/Faith!

    I didn't have to wait that long before I saw the Christmas episode. I bought the season on DVD and such. Plus Sci-Fi has aired it several times .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of toxic_boy21

    toxic_boy21

    [109]May 25, 2009
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,436
    I'm a HUGE Dollhouse fan and even I was shocked by the news - it's a once in a lifetime miracle!! A historical renewal really - the lowest rated show in 20 years to get a 2nd season
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Frenz9

    Frenz9

    [110]May 25, 2009
    • member since: 03/15/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 490
    Thrilled! So glad that they decided to throw it another season, it has some good Characters/Actors/Plots.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [111]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516

    Here's an article that I came upon and thought y'all would be interested in reading, it basically talks about the decision behind the renewal for Dollhouse, and why it was chosen as opposed to renewing TSCC.

    Dollhouse Renewal Article

    Edited on 06/24/2009 10:54am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [112]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    Here's an article that I came upon and thought y'all would be interested in reading, it basically talks about the decision behind the renewal for Dollhouse, and why it was chosen as opposed to renewing TSCC. Dollhouse Renewal Article


    That's really interesting, thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [115]Jul 11, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    misseffigy wrote:
    I'm totally addicted to this show!


    Nice avatar and sig misseffigy! I love Bones too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vac1981

    vac1981

    [117]Aug 4, 2009
    • member since: 07/27/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91

    I think dollhouse is great, am really pleased it has another season

    also isn't sierra from nieghbours? Zeke's oldest sister

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [118]Aug 4, 2009
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    vac1981 wrote:
    also isn't sierra from nieghbours? Zeke's oldest sister

    According to imdb she played a character called Katya Kinski on Neighbours.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [119]Aug 4, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    vac1981 wrote:
    also isn't sierra from nieghbours? Zeke's oldest sister

    Yep, she is. She's not very good on it though. That's probably not her fault, her character sucks and Neighbours isn't as good as it used to be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [120]Aug 5, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    spikemaniac wrote:
    vac1981 wrote:
    also isn't sierra from nieghbours? Zeke's oldest sister

    Yep, she is. She's not very good on it though. That's probably not her fault, her character sucks and Neighbours isn't as good as it used to be.

    I agree. Except for the insinuation that Neighbours was ever good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.