Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Dvds

Peterb3291

[1]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 8

Simple question, does anyone know when the Season Two dvd will be released and or if they'll do like a Collector's Edition box set like they did with Buffy or Angel.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lady_Lancaster

[2]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 41
    Peterb3291 wrote:

Simple question, does anyone know when the Season Two dvd will be released and or if they'll do like a Collector's Edition box set like they did with Buffy or Angel.

They did a Collector's Edition for the 2 seasons of Sarah Connor so they'll probably do the same with Dollhouse and hopefully add some interesting DVD extras as well. Interestingly, they still haven't released Dollhouse Season 1 onto DVD in Australia. I got mine from the US ages ago but still no actual release date for here yet. As to Season 2 in the US, I heard they would announce a release date soon after the final episode had aired so you should know soon.

Lady_Lancaster

[3]Jan 9, 2010
    Oh, by the way, I mentioned Sarah Connor because, like Dollhouse, it was a 2-season show and it got a special edition release, I know it wasn't actually anything to do with Whedon.

motleylil

[4]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 19

Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    Oh, by the way, I mentioned Sarah Connor because, like Dollhouse, it was a 2-season show and it got a special edition release, I know it wasn't actually anything to do with Whedon.

That's true, but TSCC was produced by WB, even though it aired on Fox, and Dollhouse was produced by 20th Century Fox.

My guess is that, in the US at least, all they'll do is put the two sets together and put a sicker on it that says "The Complete Series!"

Lady_Lancaster

[5]Jan 9, 2010
    motleylil wrote:

Lady_Lancaster wrote:

That's true, but TSCC was produced by WB, even though it aired on Fox, and Dollhouse was produced by 20th Century Fox.

My guess is that, in the US at least, all they'll do is put the two sets together and put a sicker on it that says "The Complete Series!"

You're probably right about that, just so that it LOOKS better.

Peterb3291

[6]Jan 9, 2010
    Well I hope they do a fancy box set deal because I would buy it

lazyjay

[7]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 30
    I just hope I don't have to re-buy season 1 just to get season 2.

dragon22a

[8]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 32
    With it being the final season, the DVD set may be out as soon as February or March. Usually when the series is slated to come back the DVD of the season is held until around the start of the next one as a marketing tool for the new season. But, when the show is known to be ending, the DVD is usually pushed out quickly. Knowing Whedon, he would then come out with a combined series set with new extras sometime later.

kdtfiles

[9]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 23
    I just hope they put it out as its own season set, ( but also a combo set for those who want it that way). I've already got season 1 and it would tick me off to have to shell out double the price to get a Combo-only/complete series version. It took me weeks to find a Season 2 box of Everwood, because all the ones out at the time were packaged with season 1 and I refuse to double pay for a season I have just to get the new season I don't.

historylover20

[10]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 28

lazyjay wrote:
    I just hope I don't have to re-buy season 1 just to get season 2.

I agree. I have season 1. I don't need a box set. All I want is season 2. In fact, I'll be mad if I have to get season 1 again in order to get season 2.

Kat

Lady_Lancaster

[11]Jan 12, 2010
    Thankfully, here in Australia, we almost always have the choice of getting a box set or each season individually. For instance, I can think of several shows, Sarah Connor being one, where both seasons are available individually or as a set and the individual set prices are very reasonable too. My son has a couple of other shows which only went for 2 seaqsons (can't remember the names because I didn't watch them) and they were available either separately or in a box set after they were axed so I hope the US gives you the option of buying "Dollhouse" Season 2 without having to re-buy the first one because that would be unfair.

michael_LB92

[12]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 24
    Yeah. Go Australian DVD Industry people... even though I kinda hate you for NEVER realeasing Jennifer's Body. I had to steal it. STEAL IT.

Lady_Lancaster

[13]Jan 13, 2010
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Yeah. Go Australian DVD Industry people... even though I kinda hate you for NEVER realeasing Jennifer's Body. I had to steal it. STEAL IT.

Don't TELL anyone! *grin*

Sagerian

[14]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 9
    Speaking of Australia DVD releases, I was just on ezydvd and it looks like Season 1 won't contain Epitaph 1... Talk about ripped off.

Lady_Lancaster

[15]Jan 15, 2010
    Sagerian wrote:
    Speaking of Australia DVD releases, I was just on ezydvd and it looks like Season 1 won't contain Epitaph 1... Talk about ripped off.

Yes, I saw that but I hope it's a mistake. I got mine from the US because I have a multi-region DVD player. I heard they might put Epitaph 1 on the DVD for series 2 but that doesn't sound very plausible.

michael_LB92

[16]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 24
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    Sagerian wrote:

Yes, I saw that but I hope it's a mistake. I got mine from the US because I have a multi-region DVD player. I heard they might put Epitaph 1 on the DVD for series 2 but that doesn't sound very plausible.

It aired on Australian television, didn't it? I think I saw an ad for it on YouTube, and they advertised is as "never before seen in the US. Exclusive to Australia blah blah blah."
    I don't understand why they wouldn't include it.

Lady_Lancaster

[17]Jan 15, 2010
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    Sagerian wrote:

It aired on Australian television, didn't it? I think I saw an ad for it on YouTube, and they advertised is as "never before seen in the US. Exclusive to Australia blah blah blah."
    I don't understand why they wouldn't include it.

It could be just a mistake. Ezy DVD does point out on their site that everything is subject to change, including cover photographs, content and artwork etc. so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the distributors do.

Sagerian

[18]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    Yeah hopefully it's just a mistake. Would be nice if all the eps are in the Australian release cos honestly I'm too lazy to get the DVDs from the states.

Peterb3291

[19]Mar 5, 2010

Anyone know anything about the release date?

spikemaniac

[20]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 50

That must be a mistake, it definitely aired on TV.