Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Fox to Burn-Off Dolhouse, Airing New Episodes Back to Back! :(

AnilThornberry

[1]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 19

So we're off in November and the show comes back on November 23 with 2 NEW episodes back to back. 8-10 PM.

We can say Dollhouse is most likely dead already. They are in a rush to air all 13 and be done with it. Ugh...upsettting!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dynasty710

[2]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    Ugh. I just read this somewhere else also. This is a fantastic show, if Fox would have put a little more advertising into it, it wouldn't be dying.

VConn

[3]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 17
    Wish I could say I was surprised at this but I'm not given FOX's history with good tv shows(Especially those helmed by JW) It's really unbelievable;e that Dollhouse got this far...Oh well at least Joss will get the chance to end this properly unlike FIREFLY though undoubtedly it'll still be rushed and missing huge chunks of storyline.

Maybe ina few years if fans keep up the effort we'll get a DH movie ala SERENITY to tie up all the loose ends if it is canceled but this news doesn't bode well for the R word more like the C word!

Kadodian

[4]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'm not surprised. Look it's a good show but to be honest, it dosen't have half the potential Angel,Buffy and Firefly had . You can't grow an emotional connection to any of the characters. The only consistent storyline is Echo's and Aplha's and thats being dragged out like crazy. Even if the show did get better, the ratings won't change because Fox isn't adevertising the show properly ! I loved season 1. Even the first five episodes that everyone hated. The second and fifth episodes are actually my favorite but season 2 premiered and the show didn't really change. Romance always played a huge part in Buffy and Angel. Tell me one couple with epic speeches or great chemistry or with relationship drama on this show ! None !!! I mean theres no Bangel, no Spuffy. Theres no " Scooby feeling " ! The warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when Buffy and her friends get together or when the Firefly crew are together or when Angel and Cordelia and Fred are discussing something. Comic relief on this show is okay but its mostly pale and Dark. Yes Dark is good, Angel was dark but Dollhouse can't pull it off and the acting !!! Oh my god ! Seriousley, Eliza Dushku disappointed me !!! I mean her acting was alright in the first 6 episodes but then it was like she does the same things over and over again. I'm just upset as everyone else is. I was waiting for Dollhouse for months. I liked season 1 but lots of things were missing and then season 2 premiered and everything was still the same. I hope this show gets renewed because I think Joss could do way better but if it dosen't, I'm not surprised !
    Edited on 10/26/2009 10:09am

Peterb3291

[5]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    I really hope they don't cancel it, but they probably will

AnilThornberry

[6]Oct 23, 2009
    No new episode for like 6 weeks. This is just total BS. Why waste time taking it off the air for a month if they're not even going to renew it.
    Unless they are not? From the look of the promo for December 4's Dollhouse 2 hour event, I think FOX is just trying to somewhat promote the show. Because usually when a network is going to cancel a show for sure, they never air promos for it again. But what fox did. Weird?

And maybe they won't burn off the episodes back to back. If they were to do that, they wouldn't have called December 4 a Dollhouse 2 hour event.?

CharmedOneP391

[7]Oct 23, 2009

AnilThornberry wrote:
    No new episode for like 6 weeks. This is just total BS. Why waste time taking it off the air for a month if they're not even going to renew it. Unless they are not? From the look of the promo for December 4's Dollhouse 2 hour event, I think FOX is just trying to somewhat promote the show. Because usually when a network is going to cancel a show for sure, they never air promos for it again. But what fox did. Weird? And maybe they won't burn off the episodes back to back. If they were to do that, they wouldn't have called December 4 a Dollhouse 2 hour event.?

That's what I thought...I thought of it as a "sorry for taking it off the air for 6 weeks..maybe 2 hour episode will bring in more ratings"..idk i try to hope my shows will be renewed ..tho I agree season 2 hasn't been that great..I love how Echo is becoming like a seperate person...not even her original self. Tonight's episode was AWESOME answering the question How did Sierra become a doll..and it was really f****D up that she was never meant to be in the Dollhouse anyway...and it's because of the Dollhouse that she now needs to be in there. & Topher actually has a soul..I think the rest of the season will be good.

historylover20

[8]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 28

I think Fox has been promoting this show badly to begin with. Since last season. It promotes the sexiness, the fantasy fetishes. Instead of promoting the dark underlying conflicts that is much more intriguing than the engagements.

I like Eliza Dushku. Don't get me wrong. I loved her on Buffy and Angel. But, Echo is not the most intriguing character, by far. And I think Ballard's obsession is as dull as dirt.

However, we don't see the scope of the dark underlying conflicts until we see an episode that didn't even air--Epitaph One. Now, that was an intriguing episode! It made the audience go "How is this going to happen?"

With "Belonging" we start seeing glimpses of how EO is going to happen. Plus "Belonging" focused on three more intriguing characters--Sierra, Topher, and Boyd. Boyd has always been interesting, because he's such an enigma. He seems like a good guy, ex-law enforcement. How does a guy like that wind up being a handler (now head of security) for the Dollhouse? I'm hoping to learn more. Topher has always been fun for me. A lot of people don't like him, but I like the amoral one. And now he's slowly and painfully finding being amoral isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I can see him becoming that insane with the weight of his knowledge about everything. He can no longer look at the Dolls has his own personal playthings. Sierra's past is heartbreaking. Luckily she now has Victor's love in the Dollhouse (by the way, I so want to know more about Victor! And I think a backstory on him will be coming in the remaining 9 episodes.)

Out of all the Dolls, Echo is the least interesting. Yay that's she's remembering stuff. It seems like the other Dolls are starting to remember stuff as well. No one in the Dollhouse is completely black or white anymore.

Which is a much more intriguing show than "Look! Eliza Dushku is dressed as a dominatrix!" (Although us women do have Enver Gjokaj to drool over. And Tahmoh Penikett who is also easy on the eyes.)

Kat