Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

How would you end the show if you were Joss and his team?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 41

Hi Guys,

Well, it's about to be gone and I for one am sad about that.

If you had the chance to write the finale, how would you end it? Would you use an Epitaph One-type scenario or something else?

I'd go for an enormous bomb that wipes out everyone and everything because I don't like unresolved endings.

How about you?

Edited on 11/13/2009 4:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm pretty much in agreement with you, end it how they would if it were leading up to the series finale.

michael_LB92

[3]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 24
    I honestly don't know. Because of Epitaph One, the series has SO much more to cover with only 9 episodes left, 7 of which are already pretty much in post-production if I remember correctly. So, even though Joss says he will give us an ending, I don't see how he can do that with 2 episodes. At least, a proper one. I liked Epitaph One, but it's sort of stuffed up any chance that the series will "end", or that Echo will "leave" the Dollhouse. MAYBE, something like, Echo escapes and whatever. But then the Rossum corp. just starts doing their evil stuff, and there's some lame line at the end like "I thought I was free. But the war was just beginning." But you know, less lame. That way, the story WE know ends, without having to direct the Epitaph one. I guess. I don't know.

I need some sort of sense of closure or meaning. The series ultimately means little to me if by the end of it, nothing has really happened in the way of getting out of the Dollhouse or whatever, and yeah...

Lady_Lancaster

[4]Nov 13, 2009
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I honestly don't know. Because of Epitaph One, the series has SO much more to cover with only 9 episodes left, 7 of which are already pretty much in post-production if I remember correctly. So, even though Joss says he will give us an ending, I don't see how he can do that with 2 episodes. At least, a proper one. I liked Epitaph One, but it's sort of stuffed up any chance that the series will "end", or that Echo will "leave" the Dollhouse. MAYBE, something like, Echo escapes and whatever. But then the Rossum corp. just starts doing their evil stuff, and there's some lame line at the end like "I thought I was free. But the war was just beginning." But you know, less lame. That way, the story WE know ends, without having to direct the Epitaph one. I guess. I don't know.

I need some sort of sense of closure or meaning. The series ultimately means little to me if by the end of it, nothing has really happened in the way of getting out of the Dollhouse or whatever, and yeah...

For some particular reason, it's REALLY important to me that Joss gets Echo safely out of the house. I hope that happens or I won't have proper closure either and, like you said, OUR story could be different to the way it actually finishes. Have to wait and see, I guess.

Vesper-Lynd

[5]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 18
    I wouldn't. I'd keep on producing those episodes until I financially drive myself into the ground because this awesome show deserves THAT much.

The_Dude14

[6]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    Seems like they ought to pick up where E1 left off. I mean, we only know fragments about what happened to our cast in that future and considering E1 is just a little grim, maybe something a little more uplifting.

spikemaniac

[7]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 50
    The one thing that I'm kinda glad about is that they at least decided on the cancellation early, that way Joss and co. can actually make a great finale. I don't know how I'd have it end, but I trust Joss and know that it will be awesome.

Lady_Lancaster

[8]Nov 15, 2009
    spikemaniac wrote:
    The one thing that I'm kinda glad about is that they at least decided on the cancellation early, that way Joss and co. can actually make a great finale. I don't know how I'd have it end, but I trust Joss and know that it will be awesome.

Yes, I'm glad they actually get a chance to finish it too, instead of a mid-season cancellation that leaves everything up in the air because that would be lousy!

michael_LB92

[9]Nov 16, 2009
    I also appreciate they didn't wait all the way until May. I think FOX handled Dollhouse very well, despite their track record or shows and cancellations.

electricpeppers

[10]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 26

Honestly? I have Epitaph One, I pretty much know how it ends. It's a shame we won't get the full extent of the events that lead up to that post apocalyptic scenario but I just want to know the basics: how did Victor get involved with the Dollhouse? What's the story between Topher and Claire Saunders/Whiskey? Who is Topher and why is he amoral? Why did Boyd go from police man to DH handler? What's the Dollhouse's ultimate goal?

Mainly character stuff. But I would like to know the goal of the DH in a strictly canon way, ie stated in the finale.

Edited on 11/18/2009 12:56pm

michael_LB92

[11]Nov 18, 2009
    Oh yes! The Claire/Topher thing is a MUST for me. I don't mind about the Topher thing. I think the ultimate aim of the Dollhouse was just to experiment with science. Maybe cure cancer, like Topher said he could in Instincts, I think.

michael_LB92

[12]Nov 18, 2009
    When I said, "I don't mind about the Topher thing", I meant Victor and Topher (like, how they got to the Dollhouse and whatever).
    Unless of course Topher's story is correlated with Claire's.

Lady_Lancaster

[13]Nov 19, 2009
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    When I said, "I don't mind about the Topher thing", I meant Victor and Topher (like, how they got to the Dollhouse and whatever).
    Unless of course Topher's story is correlated with Claire's.

I've been wondering about that too.

Aarinfel

[14]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 5

I keep hoping that Joss will pull a "Serenity" ending like he did with Firefly! Make a feature length movie to give closure.

It's also been done with Farscape. Enough fans wrote in, so they gave us more! GIVE US MORE DOLLHOUSE!

electricpeppers

[15]Nov 24, 2009
    • level: 26
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Oh yes! The Claire/Topher thing is a MUST for me. I don't mind about the Topher thing.

Me too. It's actually the one thing I'm DYING to know. I'll be disappointed if it's not anything interesting/dramatic.

michael_LB92 wrote:
    When I said, "I don't mind about the Topher thing", I meant Victor and Topher (like, how they got to the Dollhouse and whatever). Unless of course Topher's story is correlated with Claire's.

I'm thinking Topher's DH story may flow into his thing with Claire. Hopefully... As for Victor, I just think he deserves an "origin" episode.
    Edited on 11/24/2009 7:39am

michael_LB92

[16]Nov 25, 2009
    Yeah, I think for fans of Victor, it's important to at least explain the army-troop thingy. I don't really mind, but if he were one of my favourites, I would want to know.

bitterfly_rose

[17]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    Well from the episode I saw from the future the house itself is gone, but dolls are still more or less on the loose. Just like with buffy, sunnydale was destroyed, and the watchers got blown up, but the vampires were still there, and there was still a slayer. Also as of last weeks episode we know there are other houses, so to take them all out would be hard, but then again this is tv, and they are controlling ppl's brains, so who knows. I guess anything is possible. If I were to choose an ending, I would have had to re-write what has happened so far. There were many things I have not agreed with.