Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

It's almost over now - so who gave the best acting performance overall?

thetruesora

[41]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 22
    Olivia Williams is in a movie coming out sometime soon with Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spikemaniac

[42]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 50

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember Ewan McGregor mentioning her on Ellen.

Lady_Lancaster

[43]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 41
    spikemaniac wrote:

Nice signature, Isa.

thetruesora

[44]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 22

Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

Nice signature, Isa.
    I second this. but reminds me of what happened to her

Edit: Fran Kranz (Topher) is going to be in a new NBC comedy called friends with benefits. He probably won't get a girl on that show better than Summer Glau though.

Edited on 03/04/2010 2:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Gemma54

[45]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 3

Very debatable question for me, I just finished watching season 2 and in Epitaph 2, I was FLOORED with Eliza's acting as I have been through out this season, In season one, I thought the best acting went to Olivia and Fran, they played characters very well and I connected on a personal level with their acting. Eliza wasn't too good in season one, so she doesn't get my vote. Summer Glau was fantastic in the little role she had and seeing her die felt like a big shock to the system, then they killed Paul, Topher and Boyd, so yeah...:/

Dichen Leichman and Enver were also VERY good in the roles they played, they knew what they were doing in the role and I was just floored by the two of their abilities to play roles so well, Dichen did fall as she went on in season one, but then as soon as we hit season two she was amazing.

Alan Tudyk as Alpha was amazing and he was probably my favourite villian, but in E2, he was my least favourite good guy. Funny how that works, huh?

And I must give props to Amy Acker for her role as Claire, Whiskey and most notably as Clyde in the final episode. She made you want to see more of that character and had she died I probably would've cried, which I did do a lot of in the finale.

The show was notable a lot for the guest starts it had on, which would've shocked the system of the show if they weren't, although a regular in season 1, Reed Diamond came back as a guest star in season 2 and was amazing as a shocked soul running from Clyde in the attic, I loved him as a guest star aswell.

But, back to the original, who gave the best acting overall in the series, I'd give that to Olivia Williams, she reminded me a lot of David Boreanz in Angel, he had a dark motive from time to time, but always in the end was a good guy, admiteddly this wouldn't work for Adelle, but until "The Attic" You never really understand what her true motive was, which shows amazing acting from an amazing actress. I hope to see her in a lot more as do I hope for most of the cast.

fatfreeoreos

[46]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 40
    Enver without a doubt. He could do character work like nobodies business. And the accents! From Lubov's Russian to a southern horseman, and a horny college girl to boot. He was extremely versatile.

AliciaLoves15

[47]Jul 25, 2010
    • level: 2
    I think it was a really strong cast but Dichen was a total revelation I mean she was an Austraillian soap star?She is amazing and I hope she does well in her career and continues on TV and I was upset that she didn't get the Nikita role as I thought she would have been perfect!

fatfreeoreos

[48]Jul 25, 2010
    Yeah she was really good too. I loved her most as Topher's friend, and herself. Priya was an awesome character, and Belonging was one of my fave episodes of the second season.

lazyjay

[49]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 30
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Priya was an awesome character, and Belonging was one of my fave episodes of the second season.
    Yeah, mine too. Both Fran and Dichen gave amazing performances in their final scene together.

fatfreeoreos

[50]Jul 26, 2010
    lazyjay wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Priya was an awesome character, and Belonging was one of my fave episodes of the second season.
    Yeah, mine too. Both Fran and Dichen gave amazing performances in their final scene together.
    Yup. Oh god the blood, it was just so disturbing but in a totally awesome way.