FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Epitaph 2: Return"

fatfreeoreos

[161]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 40
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    lazyjay wrote:
    And don't mind me, I'm stupid sometimes.

I know.

You're being mean AND funny about it! Nobody excuse her! NOBODY!!

He knows what I mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lazyjay

[162]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 30
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    lazyjay wrote:
    And don't mind me, I'm stupid sometimes.

I know.

You're being mean AND funny about it! Nobody excuse her! NOBODY!!

He knows what I mean.

Of course I do.

spikemaniac

[163]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 50
    thetruesora wrote:
    kinda off topic but is there any news on any of the cast being in any new tv shows/movies? Enver should surely have a new starring role already, if not then it's a huge injustice!

Hmm, not that I know of, but I agree, Enver should have a new starring role, soon!

fatfreeoreos

[164]Feb 16, 2010
    Enver should just come to my town and hang around with me. I'd be happy with that.

Lady_Lancaster

[165]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 41
    Interesting to see that the user rating on the site for the final episode is only an average of 6.2. That's pretty low, possibly because so many people have indicated that they felt there were too many unanswered questions. Whatever the reason, it's pretty low.

fatfreeoreos

[166]Feb 21, 2010
    For some odd reason, almost all of the episode ratings are unreasonably low, even popular episodes like Spy In the House of Love and Man on the Street.

Lady_Lancaster

[167]Feb 22, 2010
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    For some odd reason, almost all of the episode ratings are unreasonably low, even popular episodes like Spy In the House of Love and Man on the Street.

Yes, I noticed that too. People have said they loved them yet the on-site ratings are low. Strange indeed.

thetruesora

[168]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 22
    each episode would get tons of people marking it low before the episode even aired (atleast for the first season, not sure if there was as much of it for the second season).

historylover20

[169]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 28

Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Yes, I noticed that too. People have said they loved them yet the on-site ratings are low. Strange indeed.

I'm bouncing on here (Hi guys) to answer this...

The only answer I can come up with is that non-fans who have way too much time on their hands will go to every show that they don't watch or don't like for one reason or another and give a 0 or a 1 in ratings. This happens constantly in Psych, and I know it happens in other places. We know this because upcoming episodes that haven't been even shown will already have a 4 in overall ratings.

So, since haters will come in and rate the episode insanely low, it means that fans have to go in and give it 10s in order to compensate. And there is no way to moderate the ratings system as it is now. How would the mods know if the person rating wasn't a fan? Maybe not start the ratings until after an episode airs. But, since this episode has aired, there is really no way to go in and correct the trolls who just want to give it 0s or 1s.

And now I'm back to just lurking and not posting.

Kat

fatfreeoreos

[170]Feb 22, 2010
    I really wish ratings couldn't be made until after an episode airs. It would make more sense cause you can't really rate an episode that no one has even seen yet.

Lady_Lancaster

[171]Feb 22, 2010
    historylover20 wrote:

Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:

I'm bouncing on here (Hi guys) to answer this...

The only answer I can come up with is that non-fans who have way too much time on their hands will go to every show that they don't watch or don't like for one reason or another and give a 0 or a 1 in ratings. This happens constantly in Psych, and I know it happens in other places. We know this because upcoming episodes that haven't been even shown will already have a 4 in overall ratings.

So, since haters will come in and rate the episode insanely low, it means that fans have to go in and give it 10s in order to compensate. And there is no way to moderate the ratings system as it is now. How would the mods know if the person rating wasn't a fan? Maybe not start the ratings until after an episode airs. But, since this episode has aired, there is really no way to go in and correct the trolls who just want to give it 0s or 1s.

And now I'm back to just lurking and not posting.

Kat

I had a similar thought this morning with regard to how it might be happening actually, because nothing else really makes all that much sense.

Lady_Lancaster

[172]Feb 22, 2010
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    I really wish ratings couldn't be made until after an episode airs. It would make more sense cause you can't really rate an episode that no one has even seen yet.

Totally agree. It's ridiculous to make it possible to rate any episode which people haven't seen. The system should be fine-tuned so that ratings can't be made until after a screening has occurred.

michael_LB92

[173]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 24
    I don't pay attention to user ratings anyway. I'll usually go on to forums or read the actual reviews to decide whether or not to check out a show.

Lady_Lancaster

[174]Feb 22, 2010
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I don't pay attention to user ratings anyway. I'll usually go on to forums or read the actual reviews to decide whether or not to check out a show.

I don't pay them the slightest bit of attention either as every person has their own opinion of a show and will rate it accordingly, but I do notice if they are particularly low or high.

fatfreeoreos

[175]Feb 23, 2010
    I did manage to bump a bunch of episode ratings for The Guild, mostly cause very few people vote on those.

Lady_Lancaster

[176]Feb 23, 2010
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    I did manage to bump a bunch of episode ratings for The Guild, mostly cause very few people vote on those.

No,someshows don't get many voters at all and some get heaps, but I've never seen a really staggering number of votes for any show,not even the mega popular ones.

fatfreeoreos

[177]Feb 23, 2010
    The most voters on any Guild episode was seven, so I was able to make a fairly significant impact on the ratings.

thetruesora

[178]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 22
    I didn't know The Guild had a forum here. All episodes of that should have high ratings

lazyjay

[179]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 30
    thetruesora wrote:
    I didn't know The Guild had a forum here. All episodes of that should have high ratings
    Yep, and Doug is the editor!

Lady_Lancaster

[180]Feb 23, 2010

I have never seen "The Guild", but I know a lot of people who enjoy it. It doesn't fit into my very limited genre. The older I get, the more selective I am about what I watch. I watch a total of 3 hours of television per week and that's all. If I want to watch a movie, I'll go to the cinema or hire it from the DVD store because I HATE the constant commercials.

It will be interesting to see how the second season of "Dollhouse" sells when it is released on DVD. The first season's sales weren't all that great but I'm hoping the second one will do better as most people acknowledged it as a better season, which hopefully will mean they will want to own it.