Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Getting Closer"

buffyangel4evr_

[21]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 20

Boyd's partner admitted that he had been imprinted onto several bodies. I don't quite recall if Boyd admitted to it as well. I was in complete and total shock at the time. It looks to me like they were trying to find a way to become immortal.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[22]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 22
    HOLY ****!!!! Slightly confused, but still in WHAT THE FRAK JUST HAPPENED mode!

DuoMaxwell007

[23]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    Peter, yeah thats what I meant by "boyd is just another body the leader is using" aka Boyds a doll imprinted with that guys personality and isnt the "co leader" of the dollhouse of his own free will.

"As for Caroline being a doll of her own free will. Well thats the thing that scene with her the director and Boyd made it look as if she didnt want to and they were gonna MAKE her, yet the season 1 scene before she actually became a doll had her sitting in Dewitts office having a normal conversation about it and making it sound like she had a choice, even if Caroline DID plan to become a Doll for her own reasons, they shouldnt have known that (or they woulda ben suspicious "hmm why's the girl we practically kidnapped who clearly showed us she was against it suddenly doing this voluntarily the next day?), I mean where was the struggle? the reluctance? the trying to put up a fight and make a break for it? Youd think theyd have been locking her up, then tying her up and forcing her into the chair just in case. But I didnt see any of that. So Im a bit confused lol

lazyjay

[24]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 30
    I think I was just kicked in the face.

Peterb3291

[25]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 8
    [QUOTE="lazyjay"]I think I was just kicked in the face.[/QUOTE

I'll see your kick to the face and raise you a spinning round house kick by chuck norris

KingofIPirates

[26]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    Well thats the thing that scene with her the director and Boyd made it look as if she didnt want to and they were gonna MAKE her, yet the season 1 scene before she actually became a doll had her sitting in Dewitts office having a normal conversation about it and making it sound like she had a choice, even if Caroline DID plan to become a Doll for her own reasons, they shouldnt have known that (or they woulda ben suspicious "hmm why's the girl we practically kidnapped who clearly showed us she was against it suddenly doing this voluntarily the next day?), I mean where was the struggle? the reluctance? the trying to put up a fight and make a break for it? Youd think theyd have been locking her up, then tying her up and forcing her into the chair just in case. But I didnt see any of that. So Im a bit confused lol
    It could be that they broke her or used someone she cares about as a bargaining chip before she met with Adelle.
    Edited on 01/08/2010 8:34pm

Vesper-Lynd

[27]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 18
    Actually, after all this, I don't want Boyd to be a doll. That's just taking the easy way out and while all I know of Joss Whedon is from Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible, I feel like that's just not something he would do.

And all that trauma I just suffered after finding out would be for naught.

DuoMaxwell007

[28]Jan 8, 2010
    Well Caroline doesnt seem to be the "breakable" type so Id find that hard to swallow, as for only knowing Joss Wendon for Dollhouse and dr horrible? Umm you mean to tell me you never seen buffy or Angel? (sure i myself only sen maybe 25% of each of those shows but I seen enough of em to know what they are, I mean who HASNT sen buffy or angel?)

KingofIPirates

[29]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    Most people on this planet..

lazyjay

[30]Jan 8, 2010
    I hadn't seen Buffy or Angel until just over a year ago.

DuoMaxwell007

[31]Jan 8, 2010
    and even before you seen it you at least knew what it WAS Im sure, so even if "most people on this planet" havent seen buffy or angel, lemme repharse that question that "Who doesnt know who/what buffy and or angel are?"

I mean thats just like my 70 year old grandma Im 100% certain she doesnt sit around watching Pokemon, but I bet if I walked in an asked her what Pokemon was right now shed tell me "that cartoon with pikachu" or "that show with the little yellow electric rat"

Im sure buffy and Angel are just as well known even to thos ethat havent actually watched it lol

lazyjay

[32]Jan 8, 2010
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    "that show with the little yellow electric rat"

That's pretty much the response you'd get from me.

Charmed1021

[33]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 9

boyd...boyd...BOYD!!! wtf really????? oh my god!!!! BOYD!!!! what just happened!?

that is basically all i could think for a good 15 minutes after that bombshell! i am still shocked! i never EVER in a million years saw that plot twist coming!! i though boyd was such a great guy, such a GOOD guy!! i have loved him since the start! i would never have suspected him to be the bad guy! let alone the BIG BAD villain of the series!

when claire shot bennet that was definately a wtf moment. i couldn't understand why. then i was really upset when boyd got shot and then that scene when he had to say goodbye to claire was super sweet. it was kinda cute when i saw that they had gotten together. but WHAM! boyd is the bad guy!

by far the most shocking, unpredicted, unexpected plot twist of the series! joss and the writers of dollhouse did an amazing job!!!

netgoddess

[34]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    Well Caroline doesnt seem to be the "breakable" type so Id find that hard to swallow, as for only knowing Joss Wendon for Dollhouse and dr horrible? Umm you mean to tell me you never seen buffy or Angel? (sure i myself only sen maybe 25% of each of those shows but I seen enough of em to know what they are, I mean who HASNT sen buffy or angel?)
    Well I never saw either show until a couple months ago after having watched Firefly, Serenity, and S1 of Dollhouse. But I'm sure glad I invested the time in B&A because those two shows are incredible.

Stitllams

[35]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 6
    Ya, I am still detached from reality, this episode rocked.

The script has multiple layers, it might take me a few watchings to work out the facts.

The twists and shocks were enough to scare the insanity out of a schizoid.

marto_dd

[36]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 17

This was probably the most shocking episode I have seen in YEARS!!!

It was just amazing. I haven't seen that much unexpected twist since Alias ended...I really believe that Dollhouse is Whedon's version of Alias

Sagerian

[37]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 9

I'll skip the part where I'd go "OMG what an amazing episode" cos lets face it, everyone reached that conclusion on their own.

Firstly, I doubt Boyd is actually an imprint of someone else, it would just be shoddy writing if he was a doll. Plus I had a super quick scan of previous episodes where a disruptor was used and Boyd was about, so I doubt he is a doll. Hopefully he's just completely the man and just an awesome puppet master. I'm planning on re-watching everything just before E2 to see what details were hidden.

Also, so sad for Bennett, Topher wasn't the only one that fell in love with her, I mean how could you not. It sucks that Fox cancelled it, but I couldn't be more thankful that everything will be resolved, lets be thankful for that.

marto_dd's got it right too, Dollhouse definitely has an alias feel to it. Even the main characters you could basically associate with their Alias counterparts.

Edited on 01/31/2010 2:05am
    Edited 3 total times.

Happy_S-J

[38]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 3

Holy Frak, I did not see that one coming.... Just as I was getting over the shock of Claire killing Bennett they throw that one at us!

On another note, did anyone else catch the Firefly reference when Echo said something along the lines of 'She could kill me with her brain' while looking at the picture of Bennett? aha

Edited on 01/09/2010 5:54am
    Edited 3 total times.

lazyjay

[39]Jan 9, 2010
    Happy_S-J wrote:
    On another note, did anyone else catch the Firefly reference when Echo said something along the lines of 'She could kill me with her brain' while looking at the picture of Bennett? aha

Hehe, yes! I loved that.
    Edited on 01/09/2010 9:41am

Igarka

[40]Jan 9, 2010
    So here I am enjoying the first clip from Epitaph One (that I recall) and then Claire shoots Bennett. And then Boyd, my favorite, the good guy, is the big bad! I love that Joss and co still blows my mind, and my mind is completly blown. This was truly amazing! Im speachless, quite speachless.