Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Getting Closer"

VConn

[121]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 17
    nccar wrote:

ok, does anyone remember in an episode in season one when paul ballard was searching for caroline and the dollhouse and echo seriously beat him up (this was in some kind of alleyway (joss likes his alleys) outside a restaurant) and gave him a message from up high in the dollhouse, that she couldn't say who it was from....i can't remember exactly what it was but it gave me the impression that there was a good guy in there and the paul had to tone it all down cos there was someone working on it. was this ever resolved? did we find out who the 'good guy' was? i remember thinking that when ivy (tophers assistent) came into it it may be her, but shes a bit too boring. now i'm thinking it boyd. cos he can't be bad, he just can't!!! The only thing that doesn't make 100% sense in my mind is the why....

Thats my two cents

I completely forgot about that but I agree with the other comment that it WAS Alpha who'd hacked in somehow and made Echo do that but I always suspected he had someone in the DH working for him (Topher's assistant perhaps?)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

michael_LB92

[122]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 24
    Re: whether they could scan Bennett or not, I wouldn't want them to. Only Summer Glau should play her. But yeah, her brain is like not even a brain anymore. It's just jello.

kanniballl

[123]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 18
    historylover20 wrote:

Wow. There was so much wow to this.

Boyd is co-leading Rossum??? BOYD IS CO-LEADING ROSSUM????????????? That... blew my mind. There are no words. Did ANYONE see that plot twist coming? If you did, I salute you!

BOYD!!!!!!!!!

Kat

I did

Once we learned that a faceless person was running Rosslyn and there was an assistant Clyde doll body-hopping, I figured Boyd was probably the ruler.

Actually, I took it a step further and that the original Dr Saunders (old man that got transplanted into Whiskey) was a Clyde clone. Perhaps this second part is true, or perhaps she's just loyal to Boyd due to love and/or imprint tweeking.

I figure the big boss had to be someone we knew, for a maximum effect. It had to be someone at least in their 30's - 40's and someone with some mystery behind them. Addelle's bosses are too easy, so that prety much left Adelle, Boyd, Ballard, the original Dr Saunders, and the character Sierra killed (played by Vincent Ventresca).

Adelle wouldn't let herself be demeaned so much if she were the boss. We saw too much of Ballard's private life to know that he wasn't the wizard of Oz. Vinvent Ventresca's character would've been decent, but with him killed a different body showing up and saying "yeh I am the boss" would be weak. So that left Boyd and the original Saunders.

--------------------------------

As for whether Adelle was shot, it's hard to say. I'd imagine not, Whedon likes to kill main characters but he'd do so in all its glory to shock the viewer. An ambiguous scene that may imply an offscreen death isn't really his style unless the camera later pans over her lifeless corpse.

Edited on 01/15/2010 7:35am
    Edited 4 total times.

fatfreeoreos

[124]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 40
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    But yeah, her brain is like not even a brain anymore. It's just jello.

Hahahaha. That cracked me up.

r10tp00f

[125]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 7
    VConn wrote:
    nccar wrote:

ok, does anyone remember in an episode in season one when paul ballard was searching for caroline and the dollhouse and echo seriously beat him up (this was in some kind of alleyway (joss likes his alleys) outside a restaurant) and gave him a message from up high in the dollhouse, that she couldn't say who it was from....i can't remember exactly what it was but it gave me the impression that there was a good guy in there and the paul had to tone it all down cos there was someone working on it. was this ever resolved? did we find out who the 'good guy' was? i remember thinking that when ivy (tophers assistent) came into it it may be her, but shes a bit too boring. now i'm thinking it boyd. cos he can't be bad, he just can't!!! The only thing that doesn't make 100% sense in my mind is the why....

Thats my two cents

I completely forgot about that but I agree with the other comment that it WAS Alpha who'd hacked in somehow and made Echo do that but I always suspected he had someone in the DH working for him (Topher's assistant perhaps?)

Actually this plot point was resolved in the first season. The insider, who programmed Echo with that message for Ballard, was the NSA agent (forget his name now) who was the original cheif of secruity for the dollhouse. He is found out as being a spy, sent to the attic and then Boyd is promoted to his job.

Vesper-Lynd

[126]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 18
    r10tp00f wrote:
    The insider, who programmed Echo with that message for Ballard, was the NSA agent (forget his name now) who was the original cheif of secruity for the dollhouse.
    Lawrence Dominic.

Sagerian

[127]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 9
    Igarka wrote:

About Rossum being from a play, its a Czech play and here is a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.U.R._(Rossum%27s_Universal_Robots)

I find it interesting that a company running a highly secret place to create artificial people would choose the name Rossum. That really seems stupid.