Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Haunted"

fatfreeoreos

[21]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 40
    Wasn't J. August Richards on that too?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[22]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 22
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    robdude123 wrote:
    I'm so sad for Topher He's lonely..

I have to admit, even though I never much cared for Topher because he's a giant ass, I did feel bad for him. Just seeing how excited he was hanging out with Sierra, knowing that that was really his only chance at relaxing and having fun was just kind of sad. Watching Adelle watch him on the monitor was just as sad. I may have a soft spot for him after all.

What makes you see Topher as an ass? I think he's absolutely adorable, in his geek chic way.

He's just always rubbed me the wrong way. He just has a way of annoying me a lot and acting like a gigantic smart-ass. But I don't dislike him as much now and might even start forgiving him for his annoyance in future episodes now that I know he's lonely.

Jon_MW_14

[23]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 39
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:
    Did anyone catch what Mellie/November's real name is?

I saw the names Polly (Pauley?) and Michelle. And that was about it. But I thought it was showing her with a bunch of different names under her mug shots? It happened really fast so who knows?

Thanks, I didn't know there was more names.

fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:
    Did anyone catch what Mellie/November's real name is?

Still don't know for sure. Lot's popped up before it got erased. Any one could be real or a false ID. Either she was a criminal in real life or they were set up by the Dollhouse itself.

It would be cool if she was a criminal in real life.

SVU_Obsessed

[24]Apr 24, 2009
    fatfreeoreos wrote:

Yep! I only watched the show because it was a branch out of the Law and Order series and had Stephanie March playing the character of Alex Cabot who was also in a few seasons of Law and Order Special Victims Unit as the A.D.A. Sorry, I feel a need to explain things farther than necessary.

Back to subject; Yes J. August Richards played a lawyer on Conviction as well.

fatfreeoreos

[25]Apr 24, 2009
    I mean, yeah, she seemed all sweet in Needs, but Caroline didn't remember anything immediate to the events before she came to the Dollhouse. November probably didn't either. There has to be some reason she's there. They all have reasons.

buffyTVSrox

[26]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 33
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Thanks Doug (I seem to be thanking you a lot today )

Well, I love being helpful.

SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:

Yep! I only watched the show because it was a branch out of the Law and Order series and had Stephanie March playing the character of Alex Cabot who was also in a few seasons of Law and Order Special Victims Unit as the A.D.A. Sorry, I feel a need to explain things farther than necessary.

Back to subject; Yes J. August Richards played a lawyer on Conviction as well.

Conviction was a Law & Order spin-off? Bring over the character of Cabot and all? I had no idea.

I should probably say something about Dollhouse to keep this on-topic... Ummm... Adelle has hair, on her head, and, uh... it's hair-like, being.. hair, and all.

Oh, got something to say about the show! I think the reason Topher gets on some people's nerves is because he acts very arrogant about his skills, but as the technology seems quite flawed and glitchy at times, the arrogance doesn't seem earned. He also seems to have just a little too much fun with having the Actives dehumanized and made into what he seems to see as his toys, a canvas for his brilliance, a testament to his genius, and an amusement due to their blank slate obliviousness. He never bothered me personally that much though, and this episode, I say again, really made me feel for the guy.

SVU_Obsessed

[27]Apr 24, 2009
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:

I think it would be quite ironic if she was a criminal since she's sleeping with an FBI agent. Plus she just seems so shy and sweet. Did we ever figure out how her daughter died? Maybe she felt guilt because her actions were what caused her to die.

Jon_MW_14

[28]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 39
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:

I think it would be quite ironic if she was a criminal since she's sleeping with an FBI agent. Plus she just seems so shy and sweet. Did we ever figure out how her daughter died? Maybe she felt guilt because her actions were what caused her to die.

I don't remember if they gave any explanation about her daughter's death. Maybe her baby was born dead, and that caused her to be a criminal.

SVU_Obsessed

[29]Apr 24, 2009
    buffyTVSrox wrote:

Conviction was a Law & Order spin-off? Bring over the character of Cabot and all? I had no idea.

I should probably say something about Dollhouse to keep this on-topic... Ummm... Adelle has hair, on her head, and, uh... it's hair-like, being.. hair, and all.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not Doug , but the show got canceled after only a few episodes. But the dvd set was on sale for $20 bucks so I got it (plus it had Stephanie March in it, how could I not buy it) and there's 13 episodes on the discs. Stephanie March is now back on SVU for a few episodes so I'm not terribly disappointed anymore about the cancellation of Conviction.

SVU_Obsessed

[30]Apr 24, 2009
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:

I don't remember if they gave any explanation about her daughter's death. Maybe her baby was born dead, and that caused her to be a criminal.

That reminds me of that movie where this chick was a "good kid" but she got pregnant when she was a teenager and the baby was stillborn (I think) and she turned into the world-hating goth chick who got in trouble a lot. So I suppose that could have happened to November/Mellie/Polly/Michelle, whoever she is.

buffyTVSrox

[31]Apr 24, 2009
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    buffyTVSrox wrote:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not Doug , but the show got canceled after only a few episodes. But the dvd set was on sale for $20 bucks so I got it (plus it had Stephanie March in it, how could I not buy it) and there's 13 episodes on the discs. Stephanie March is now back on SVU for a few episodes so I'm not terribly disappointed anymore about the cancellation of Conviction.

Nope, for once, that wasn't sarcasm (assuming you meaning I didn't know anything about Conviction).

And so this post is also on-topic... So, how about that Dollhouse? Lots of nice building materials. Topher's double-level office is of course cool, too.

Oh, thought of another reason some people may not have been fond of Topher: The way he treats his highly qualified assistant, Ivy, like a secretary. And not like a respected secretary even.

fatfreeoreos

[32]Apr 24, 2009
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:

That is quite possible. I'm sure they went so into November's personal stuff in Needs for a reason. Viktor's the real mystery for me now. We know next to nothing about his realness.

SVU_Obsessed

[33]Apr 24, 2009
    Well we know that Victor was in the military....and that's about as much as I can remember.

fatfreeoreos

[34]Apr 24, 2009
    I think that might have just been a memory of an engagement.....or was it really him? I was confused on that.

SVU_Obsessed

[35]Apr 24, 2009
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    I think that might have just been a memory of an engagement.....or was it really him? I was confused on that.

I think that was from when he was "glitching", he was remembering his real past.

buffyTVSrox

[36]Apr 24, 2009
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:

I think that was from when he was "glitching", he was remembering his real past.

Well, when November glitched on the drug, she flashed back to her experience with being attacked and then killing the guy, from her very recent "Mellie" days. So, it wasn't necessarily making everyone flash back to their real lives. Also, I believe we saw an Active in a soldier outfit in the next episode going back into the Dollhouse. It seems to me that the Dollhouse has a contract with the U.S. military for when they need the ultimate best-of-the-best special ops guy (maybe in the Dollverse that's how they do stuff like finding Saddam Hussein). I thought Victor was just glitching to one such mission. I could be wrong though; anything is possible. And let's not forget: "Nothing is what it appears to be."
    Edited on 04/24/2009 8:10pm

SVU_Obsessed

[37]Apr 24, 2009
    Well I might have cheated because I read an interview that the actor who plays Victor did and he said that the "real person" that was turned into Victor has a military background. So that's what led me to believe that what he was flashing back to was real.

buffyTVSrox

[38]Apr 24, 2009
    You cheater, you knew all along!

See, this is why people are hesitant to give you gold stars!

SVU_Obsessed

[39]Apr 24, 2009
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    You cheater, you knew all along!

See, this is why people are hesitant to give you gold stars!

Hey now I only read it because it was spoiler-free. When I first saw Victor glitching back his past, I had always assumed that that was an actual memory from the dude who was wiped to become Victor. I avoid spoiler's as much as possible.

meee223

[40]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    For some reason, I keep watching this show and I am intrigued. But I'm just punishing myself because I think the show is a bit over my head. I have unanswered questions after every show. On this episode, I can't figure out why the woman's son killed his mother and how they figured out it was a doping drug for the horses that killed her. Just because the "doc" comes in and says the horse was doped, why does that mean the drug was used on "mom"? I know the son was very big in debt and used the drug to try and make the horse valuable, but why kill his mom? Did he find out that his mom knew about it? But she obviously didn't. Anyway, I always get confused every show, and why do I punish myself by watching?
    Edited on 04/24/2009 10:10pm