We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Omega"

grailwolf

[1]May 8, 2009
    • level: 55
    Please discuss the episode "Omega" in this thread. These threads will appear each week to prevent topics repeating themselves on the forum. Please limit episode discussion to the official thread for at least two days to avoid spoilers on other threads.

Summary:

Alpha's continued obsession with Echo may cost her everything. Ballard makes a decision that could change the rest of his life. One Doll's story ends as another's is revealed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

buffyTVSrox

[2]May 8, 2009
    • level: 33
    Three minutes and everything already screams "haunting awesomeness". Oh wow. Wow. Must keep watching. Check back after the episode's over.

TwistedConverse

[3]May 8, 2009
    • level: 23
    I have to wait till tomorrow night to see it

I am fully prepared to gloat tomorrow though and say "Haha I have more episode to watch than you" though .

kikimarie593

[4]May 8, 2009
    • level: 27

TwistedConverse wrote:
    I have to wait till tomorrow night to see it I am fully prepared to gloat tomorrow though and say "Haha I have more episode to watch than you" though .

Yes, but that means that everyone else will know what happens before you do. So...Ha!

buffyTVSrox

[5]May 8, 2009
    My thoughts scene-by-scene as I watch (probably screwed up a few of the quotes, but oh well):

-Oh my God it's Alpha and Whiskey!
    Yeah, raise your hand if you were expecting it to be her instead of Caroline. If you just raised your hand, you either read a spoiler, or you're lying.

-Wow, poor Saunders/Whiskey.
    This scene between her and Victor is so dark and depressing.

-Holy frak, Saunders 1.0 was an old man.

-God, Whiskey saying "Dr. Saunders is nice" like that knowing what's ahead for her is so creepy.

-What was that? "Tall, morally judgmental man"?

-Ballard and a blank November who doesn't remember him. Such a strange awkward little moment.

-Wow, flashback Alpha is just laughing like crazy on the inside playing everybody for fools. Or is he? So unsettling though, he is.

-Present multiple personality Alpha is really cool. The way it's all done, I mean. Not that homicidal mastermind isn't cool itself though.

-48 people in his head and none of them are who he was originally. Hmmm... God only knows what he was like before the Dollhouse.
    "A lot of filing, giving things names."
    "What was yours?"
    "Before Alpha? Not a man among us can remember..."

-Well, that wasn't what Caroline expected when she signed up...

-What the hell is Alpha's endgame? What is he accomplishing with all of this? It's like he loves Caroline, but hates who Caroline was. Is he just in it for her body? But he said bodies were all pretty much the same... ?

-Holy **** you're creepy flashback "Let Echo be number one" Alpha.

-Making art. Oh. *Shivers*

-Oh, so THAT'S how all of Alpha's 48 people got together for tea. Greatest Hits indeed.

-Holy **** with the fingers in the eyes!

-HAHA, Topher is so confused by this "soul" thing.

-I'm starting to think Alpha's endgame doesn't necessarily have to make sense. Psychopath. Bye-bye logic. Got it.

-Ooooh, Omega....

-She's gonna kill Alpha, isn't she? Oh, yeah, there she goes...

-I guess we get to find out who Alpha originally was anyway.

-Oh, the "Confusing Discussion About Humanity and What it Means to be Human--or More Than--Hour" with Alpha and Omega.

-And now it's Alpha vs. Omega...

-Poor Alpha. Being turned down by your psychotic obsession is never fun.

-Oh, god, stupid cheesy Obama reference. That was unnecessary. Seriously, Joss?

-Whoa, Alpha means business!

-Background singer. Evil band.

-So, Alpha's out to digitize the world? Steal everything from their heads and cut them up? Hmmm...

-"We're not bluffing. - I'm bluffing! - But the rest of us..."
    Hope I didn't butcher that quote...

-Love the Ballard/Boyd team-up. They work well together.

-Well, Ballard saved Caroline after all...

Oh goodness, it's almost over.

-Ooooh, Whiskey ("Saunders")/Topher conversation....

-Awww, he had the real November freed.

-Topher seems so uncomfortable with this wipe of Echo. Maybe things are different for him now?

-Ah, so Madeleine it is. "I'm nobody". Talk about role reversal there with Ballard.

Wow, well that was one ******* hell of a finale! I look forward to "Epitaph One" DVDs, here we come! And people, preorder the DVDs! We MUST have a season two after that! Holy crap! It can't end now.

robdude123

[6]May 8, 2009
    • level: 19

Okay episode, didn't provide much closure, but it is well known they are hoping for a second season. Would Victor be allowed to stay as a doll? And is "why you made me hate you so much I'll never understand" supposed to be a question that will be answered in another season? Or just a random thing.

@buffytvsrox I absolutely guessed it was Dr. Saunders because of the whole Whisky thing last week, I read no spoiler

Edited on 05/08/2009 7:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KingofIPirates

[7]May 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    Pretty good first half as we got to see Alpha's origins and whatnot andhis performance was rather excellent as a whole; however the second half tapered off a bit and though Ballard's reason for 'working' with the Dollhouse seemed legitimate enough, I didn't really find it very convincing and found that aspect rather rushed if not forced. Even so this has been an above average season overall and hopefully they'll be a second season.

rissa0525

[8]May 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    Wow............just wow. That was an awesome episode. I'm still in shock. Here's hope against hope that it will come back next season!!!!

SVU_Obsessed

[9]May 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    I typed this as I was watching the episode so things will seem very frazzled and disconnect. But I didn't type as much as I normally do 'cause I was way too busy paying more attention to the show.

I liked it when Echo said, "You stupid b****!" in that accent.

What?!?!?! WHAT!!!! I see leather pants and....and....and...Amy Acker???

Adelle's smile...yum...

Saunders is a dude? Strange.

Pieces...pieces....why won't you come together...

All hands on deck? Ar ye matey!!!

Good *smooch* day

"You're still in your pajamas", nice.

And I thought the Xander-gouge was gross...

Why does Ballard walk so strange?

"Uh, yeah, I kick ass."
    Wtf? Did she just get shot in the neck? I should have known something bad was going to happen when cheerful/hopeful music started playing.

I find it quite awesome that Ballard and Boyd are working together and you can see the cuts on their faces that they gave each other.

I think Alpha looks really sweet when he's in doll-mode (holy crap the swine flu is in my state now, thought that stuff was going away!) He just looks so innocent when he's infatuated with Echo.

So Adelle hugs...hmmm....

Why did Echo touch Topher's boob (heart, whatever)

Poor Victor...I feel so bad for him...

I just realized that we actually never got to see Sierra and November as bounty hunters except when they were imprinted, I figured we would have seen more of them.

I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Composite-Echo walk into the Dollhouse, I would have liked to have seen her reactions before she went to be wiped. I'm sure Adelle and everyone else would have talked to her.

I actually wasn't expecting it to be November that Ballard wanted released.

Like I said, I just really wish we got to see more Composite-Echo. Pretty awesome episode.

buffyTVSrox

[10]May 8, 2009
    robdude123 wrote:
    @buffytvsrox I absolutely guessed it was Dr. Saunders because of the whole Whisky thing last week, I read no spoiler

Do you mean you knew "Saunders" was really Whiskey? Or that during the scene near the beginning, when Alpha is torturing that guy, that it was Whiskey who he was with? I was talking about the latter. The former I think 90% of people got from last week's episode.

Jon_MW_14

[11]May 8, 2009
    • level: 39
    I loved this episode. It's a good way to the season. I'm really hoping for a season 2.

fatfreeoreos

[12]May 8, 2009
    • level: 40
    Excellent episode, kinda confusing, but still great. I feel terrible for Viktor. I wonder what they're going to do with him now? And I'm still a little confused about Whiskey/ Saunders. In the other flashbacks to Alpha's escape and slaughter, she is wearing the lab coat and the cuts look fresh. But then here it shows that it happened just before and while they were both Actives. So when exactly did she become Dr Saunders? And what happened to the original? Did Alpha kill him? Why? That's the question that bugs me the most.

Jon_MW_14

[13]May 8, 2009
    • level: 39
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Excellent episode, kinda confusing, but still great. I feel terrible for Viktor. I wonder what they're going to do with him now? And I'm still a little confused about Whiskey/ Saunders. In the other flashbacks to Alpha's escape and slaughter, she is wearing the lab coat and the cuts look fresh. But then here it shows that it happened just before and while they were both Actives. So when exactly did she become Dr Saunders? And what happened to the original? Did Alpha kill him? Why? That's the question that bugs me the most.

If it gets renewed for a second season maybe we will find out.

fatfreeoreos

[14]May 8, 2009
    Jon_MW_14 wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:

If it gets renewed for a second season maybe we will find out.

True.

Vesper-Lynd

[15]May 8, 2009
    • level: 18

fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Remember after Alpha gouged out his handler's eyes, Saunders walked in and Alpha attacks him before it cuts to black? So it's safe to assume he's dead. He probably killed him because, as Ballard said, the first people that are killed on a mindless, murderous rampage are often those in the way. (I'm obviously paraphrasing majorly)

I really liked the scene in the end when Dr. Saunders/Whiskey offers Viktor a lollipop. I don't even really understand why, but there was something very poetic and sweet about it, almost as if she's reigned to just be Dr. Saunders and no one else.

tvismyescape22

[16]May 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    This was the most awesomest episode ever! I can't believe Dr. Claire Saunders that we know is really Whiskey, sure Dominic said it last week, but before that, who would've thought? Alpha was crazy! I liked that composite Echo defended herself and that fight scene was awesome! Awww... poor Victor, "He's not his best"... That was sweet of Ballard to make them let November go. I wonder if he will become an active now, or possibly a handler. I really hope there is a 2nd season! "Caroline"? What was that? Isn't she supposed to not know about that? OMG!
    Edited on 05/08/2009 7:32pm

fatfreeoreos

[17]May 8, 2009
    Oh yeah I forgot that cause it cut to black so fast. So how was Whiskey imprinted so fast? Did they really need Saunders that badly?

dragon22a

[18]May 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    I know this seems like a jump but given how Topher acted towards Whiskey/Saunders, do you think he programmed her to hate him as part of his guilt about Alpha or is it possible that the real Whiskey is somehow close to Topher before she became an active like his girlfriend or sister. I seem to remember a few episodes ago, it was Tophers birthday and he programmed Sierra to hang out with him. is it possible that he programmed Sierra to act like Who Whiskey really was.

fatfreeoreos

[19]May 8, 2009
    I never got that vibe between them.

SVU_Obsessed

[20]May 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Oh yeah I forgot that cause it cut to black so fast. So how was Whiskey imprinted so fast? Did they really need Saunders that badly?

Maybe Joss changed direction and we were meant to forget about her wearing a lab coat and all that