Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Omega"

fatfreeoreos

[101]May 9, 2009
    • level: 40
    Summer Glau should so totally be a doll. Then she and Alpha can go mind meld.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kikimarie593

[102]May 9, 2009
    • level: 27

fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Summer Glau should so totally be a doll. Then she and Alpha can go mind meld.

Who is Summer Glau?

lazyjay

[103]May 9, 2009
    • level: 30
    Summer Glau played River on Firefly, and she would be a perfect "Active" for Dollhouse.

KingofIPirates

[104]May 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    anomie612 wrote:
    Why is everyone up in arms about the Obama reference? Would you have been better pleased if the reference was for Bush?
    Because it felt rather forced and sounded a little corny; the line could've been executed better.
    lazyjay wrote:
    Summer Glau played River on Firefly, and she would be a perfect "Active" for Dollhouse.
    Indeed, she's got that role patted down.

chelanza

[105]May 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    man... this sucks! Such an amazing show, and it continually DROPS viewers??? The finale was fantastic, what the hell is wrong with these people???

Dewbak75

[106]May 10, 2009
    • level: 18

Good finale for the season, laying out what we can expect things to be like when the show comes back next fall(I'm not going to say "if", not as long as there's a chance). Ballard seemed to get over his moral objections to what the Dollhouse does awfully quick, but something in my gut says he's not done investigating them, he's just using this chance to get in closer. After he got his FBI frenemy to back off the phony bomb threat, they just left that plot thread hanging. He told the guy the Dollhouse was right under their feet. What if he made a deal with the guy to go in undercover, or something similar? Plus we never did find out who was sending him messages through the Actives. I don't think it was Dominic, NSA wouldn't want to help an FBI agent dead set on exposing the Dollhouse.

The three Whedon vets all did great jobs this episode. Eliza always does a great job with her fight scenes, ever since her days as Faith. And before I forget, the actress they got to play Wendy/Caroline did a very nice job doing just enough of an Eliza Dushku impression so that she truly felt like Caroline. Alan Tudyk was amazing. I know he had some help from the editor, but the way he's able to turn on a dime with his performance is just incredible. He's got awesome range as an actor, and he covered it all in these last two episodes. As for Amy Acker, watching Dr. Saunders realize the truth about who she is, and slowly come to terms with it was wonderful. I'm very curious to see what they do with her character now that she's a fully self-aware doll. Plus, I think people may be onto something with regard to Topher. He seemed to place great emphasis on Whiskey learning her original identity, as if he has some connection to who she is. Or maybe the events of the last couple of episodes have just shaken him so much that he's feeling some guilt about her current situation.

And because I can't comment on this episode without mentioning it, Amy Acker in skintight leather pants may just be the bestest thing ever.

thetruesora

[107]May 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    wouldn't it become type casting for Summer Glau? as she played River in Firefly and the terminator Cameron the same way, she'd be acting that way again as a Doll.

buffyTVSrox

[108]May 10, 2009
    • level: 33
    Typecasting isn't always a bad thing. In this case, it says to me that Summer would be perfect for the role. More importantly, yes, there's her placid blank slate self that's kind of like River at times and kind of like how Cameron is at times, but playing an Active can display a huge range, actually. Look at Enver who plays Victor. He's played several very different characters, all with their own speech patterns and physical movement traits and other nuances. Hardly typecasting. Instead of one role, it's dozens, of all kinds.

Unfortunately for Eliza, she's the one whose various Dollhouse personalities almost always end up doing the exact same thing (turning into the touch chick who doesn't take anything lying down). Kinda funny seeing as how the whole show budded from her wanting something to display her range.

melliecho

[109]May 10, 2009
    • level: 3

TwistedConverse wrote:
    The thought of no more Adelle actually makes me depressed. She should totally have her own show.

Adelle is in Epitaph One, on dollverse.com there are promo pics for the ep, and Adelle is in a few of the promo pics.

thetruesora

[110]May 10, 2009
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Typecasting isn't always a bad thing. In this case, it says to me that Summer would be perfect for the role. More importantly, yes, there's her placid blank slate self that's kind of like River at times and kind of like how Cameron is at times, but playing an Active can display a huge range, actually. Look at Enver who plays Victor. He's played several very different characters, all with their own speech patterns and physical movement traits and other nuances. Hardly typecasting. Instead of one role, it's dozens, of all kinds.

Yeah, that's as long as they make her a regular. I wouldn't want her just to be a doll that you see regularly but don't see the engagements she goes on. Maybe they could make her the new november? Joss said that he didn't want Dollhouse just to keep on having actors/actresses from his previous shows though.

TwistedConverse

[111]May 10, 2009
    • level: 23
    melliecho wrote:

TwistedConverse wrote:
    The thought of no more Adelle actually makes me depressed. She should totally have her own show.

Adelle is in Epitaph One, on dollverse.com there are promo pics for the ep, and Adelle is in a few of the promo pics.

OMG REALLY? YAY .

Now I really cannot wait to see Epitaph One. *cries with happiness at the thought of more Adelle*

NJZ

[112]May 10, 2009
    • level: 29
    Yay that Adelle is in Epitaph One. Twisted, you almost gave me a heart attack when you said she wasn't in it.
    Izzytheinsane wrote:
    I haven't been a big fan of this show up until this episode(didn't see "Briar Rose" yet)

I think you really need to see Briar Rose first to really get this eppie more. They kind of go hand in hand.

thetruesora

[113]May 10, 2009
    In case anyone was wondering the song near the end is called "everybody's gotta learn sometimes".

fatfreeoreos

[114]May 10, 2009
    Oh yeah, I was wondering. Thank you.

thetruesora

[115]May 10, 2009

I thought the lyrics fit perfectly and only just found out what it was called so thought i'd put it on here so others knew.

Edit: This song was played on tonight's new episode of Ashes to Ashes here in England. It was a different person singing it but still close enough.

Edited on 05/11/2009 3:20pm

pazz92

[116]May 12, 2009
    Dewbak75 wrote:

And because I can't comment on this episode without mentioning it, Amy Acker in skintight leather pants may just be the bestest thing ever.

Oh, yes, I totally agree. Great scene. Looking back throughout the season, obviously this was Amy Acker's best episode. We got to see who she really was. If we see a second season, heres hoping she becomes a part of the regular cast!

The finale was satisfying for me though. I was a little worried about how the episode would end since the writers are stuck in the middle of it being a season finale, or a series finale. Here is hoping that the excitement of the finale is enough to renew it...please do not go by ratings! They should wait and see after the dvd comes out, so people that missed the season can check it out. It might mean more viewers for season 2.

TwistedConverse

[117]May 12, 2009
    • level: 23
    Amy Acker is so hot.

So are Eliza, Olivia, Dichen and Miracle.

So all of them really.

fatfreeoreos

[118]May 12, 2009
    Those boys are so lucky.

kayleecat

[119]May 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    Amy Acker is so hot.

So are Eliza, Olivia, Dichen and Miracle.

So all of them really.

Oh such truth in just one post

meateater79

[120]May 12, 2009
    So happy Alan Tudyk was casted for a creepy, psychopathic Alpha. Always hoped to see him as a regular in a TV show again.