TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Omega"

  • Avatar of FaithTheSlayer

    FaithTheSlayer

    [121]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 09/13/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 907
    I thought the episode was fantastic. Loved Amy Acker as a hot crazy person!! Wasn't expecting that at all. The Wendy chick was great. Would love to see her again (did she die? I forget).

    There has to be a season two!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BAGTbird

    BAGTbird

    [122]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 02/06/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 200

    FaithTheSlayer wrote:
    I thought the episode was fantastic. Loved Amy Acker as a hot crazy person!! Wasn't expecting that at all. The Wendy chick was great. Would love to see her again (did she die? I forget). There has to be a season two!!

    Yeah, Wendy's dead. Boyd mentioned something about an anonymous donation being made to her family, to which Adelle replied "Cold comfort.".

    Didn't really mind the black president line, since it was only in passing. Better than Obama interrupting the broadcast with a conference. As far as TV presidents go, I support President Worf (Michael Dorn) of Heroes. Worf/Data 2012!!

    I'd be for Summer Glau making an appearance as long as it doesn't preclude Cameron from returning to Terminator. This is assuming that both Terminator and Dollhouse are renewed. *crosses fingers & knocks on wood*

    Best line IMO: "He's like Soylent Green. He's people."

    I LOL'd.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fatfreeoreos

    fatfreeoreos

    [123]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/21/05
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 33,588
    That was a good line. Intelligent allusions, my faves. But it did make me miss Wash even more seeing Alan Tudyk all evil.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Amber132

    Amber132

    [124]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 09/01/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 175
    I thought his was a good episode though not a great series finale. That's the problem with this show for me they can have great episodes like Spy In the House Of Love, Target and Briar Rose but some episodes are either mediocre or bad. But this was a pretty good episode Alan Tudyk was great and so were the rest I liked that Saunders was reavealed to be a doll and it would be interesting to see why Topher imprinted her to hate him and this episode really reminded me of angel, buffy and firefly with the soul in a glass jar with fireflies line Topher said and Alpha taling about ascending.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kok_warlock

    kok_warlock

    [125]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 311
    Amber132 wrote:
    I thought his was a good episode though not a great series finale. That's the problem with this show for me they can have great episodes like Spy In the House Of Love, Target and Briar Rose but some episodes are either mediocre or bad. But this was a pretty good episode Alan Tudyk was great and so were the rest I liked that Saunders was reavealed to be a doll and it would be interesting to see why Topher imprinted her to hate him and this episode really reminded me of angel, buffy and firefly with the soul in a glass jar with fireflies line Topher said and Alpha taling about ascending.


    Couldn't agree more, it seems that one good episode is followed by a mediocre one that is followed by an average one, for example "Man on the Street"(very good), followed by "Echoes" (extremelly bad).

    Alan Tudyk was great, but Alpha being this supposed Terminator 666 killing machine was pretty weak, he got his ass beat somewhat easily by Echo, then he couldn't shoot someone in front of her, then he ran away like a confused girl.

    The first half of this episode was pretty good, but the second half was a somewhat of a disappointment, Eliza Dushku was also a huge miscast in this show, she isn't all that bad, but very weak in her role as Echo, they should have got a more talented actress, doesn't matter what personality she gets, she looks, sound and act the same, her monologues are hardly convincing, but overall the writing is more to blame for the show almost-sure demise.

    I give this season a 6/10, and I think I'm being a little too generous, because I'm a fan of Joss Whedon's work.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [126]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    kok_warlock wrote:
    Amber132 wrote:
    I thought his was a good episode though not a great series finale. That's the problem with this show for me they can have great episodes like Spy In the House Of Love, Target and Briar Rose but some episodes are either mediocre or bad. But this was a pretty good episode Alan Tudyk was great and so were the rest I liked that Saunders was reavealed to be a doll and it would be interesting to see why Topher imprinted her to hate him and this episode really reminded me of angel, buffy and firefly with the soul in a glass jar with fireflies line Topher said and Alpha taling about ascending.


    Couldn't agree more, it seems that one good episode is followed by a mediocre one that is followed by an average one, for example "Man on the Street"(very good), followed by "Echoes" (extremelly bad).

    Alan Tudyk was great, but Alpha being this supposed Terminator 666 killing machine was pretty weak, he got his ass beat somewhat easily by Echo, then he couldn't shoot someone in front of her, then he ran away like a confused girl.

    The first half of this episode was pretty good, but the second half was a somewhat of a disappointment, Eliza Dushku was also a huge miscast in this show, she isn't all that bad, but very weak in her role as Echo, they should have got a more talented actress, doesn't matter what personality she gets, she looks, sound and act the same, her monologues are hardly convincing, but overall the writing is more to blame for the show almost-sure demise.

    I give this season a 6/10, and I think I'm being a little too generous, because I'm a fan of Joss Whedon's work.
    I agree with the majority of what you said in regards to the first half being great and the second half being rather lackluster and I also find Eliza Dushku, no matter the personality rather monotonous. Though I'd give this season an 8/10 as I didn't really find any episodes that bad in particular; mediocre and lacking but none explicitly disappointing.
    Edited on 05/13/2009 9:27am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [127]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    I'd give this season 9/10. I honestly enjoyed every episode and particularly loved Man On The Street, Echoes, Needs, Spy In The House Of Love, Briar Rose and Omega. Had very few problems with Eliza as wel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [128]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Regarding Eliza: I think people need to give her a little more credit. Yeah, I've had my problems with her acting on this show but the fact is, its not her fault the writing makes every single one of Echo's imprints the EXACT SAME PERSONALITY. Maybe it really is just the way Eliza plays it but I think the writing is a factor. Its like they're too scared to give her a personality less Faith-like, so everyone comes off more or less the same. The only one of the personalities that have stood out are Echo herself (and composited Echo, I guess) and Caroline.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [129]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    Also, she is supposed to be glitching and remembering past personalities and having them slide together a bit...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [130]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    ^^ So true NJZ. She had to play a tough girl/strong woman character in Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9 and 12 and it's not as if Caroline is some weak little girl or anything. She played the blind woman in True Believer and Margaret in Haunted very different from Faith and I think they proved she can act IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [131]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Also, she is supposed to be glitching and remembering past personalities and having them slide together a bit...


    Great point. If anything, Eliza's been doing a good job. (But I do think a better actress than her could do a better job)

    TwistedConverse wrote:
    She played the blind woman in True Believer and Margaret in Haunted very different from Faith and I think they proved she can act IMO.


    ITA. And I don't think anyone's questioning if she can act or not; coz we all know she can. I think what people have a problem with is how similar she plays the imprints. But like I said, its mostly to do with the writing which has the imprints very Faith-like. When the writing called for a different type of personality (blind woman & Margaret), Eliza brought her A-game. I don't really see why people are complaining about it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [132]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957

    I liked this episode. I guess there were a few things in the second half which would have made it feel a bit anticlimactic but it wasn't a disappointment, I wouldn't say.

    I liked Echo's total non-reaction to being kissed by Alpha in the flashback. That was a nice "doll" moment.

    Amy Acker and Alan Tudyk were brilliant once again. Everybody did a good turn but these two were especially ace.

    Thought Omega was an interesting character but I'd have liked to see her more fractured, like Alpha. Not a bad guy, just slightly less coherent and assured. Would like to have seen what she said to Adelle and Topher when she returned to the Dollhouse. Ah well.

    Pretty obvious Ballard is biding his time so he can bring the Dollhouse down from inside. Not much else he can do, really. I wonder if he'll start to be corrupted and compromise more as time goes on. Interesting....

    Actually, what was interesting was when he went out to speak with Tanaka and everybody seems to reckon he always intended to get rid of him. I think Ballard was being smarter here than people give him credit for. He didn't know for sure how Tanaka was going to react so he did something which made it a win no matter what.

    If Tanaka had not believed him and carted him away in one of the vans then it gets Ballard out and the Dollhouse can't have him killed because then it would look mucho suspicious.

    If Tanaka had believed him and sent the troops in the Dollhouse would have been totally unable to defend itself and the game would have been up. Unless of course it's all rigged with explosives that can be remotely triggered from The Center, in which case it would have looked like a REAL bomb threat and all the evidence would have been vapourised. Hmmm, maybe.

    What did happen was that he earned some of Adelle's trust and respect which keeps him from being wiped for a bit longer. Not really sure where the idea that Ballard is such a dope came from but it's not deserved IMO.

    Wasn't so thrilled that Alpha's composite event turned out to just be an accident he had in the chair rather than a natural progression from his self-awareness. I guess when Dominic and DeWitt were worrying about Echo becoming another Alpha they just meant since he got violent and attacked another doll.

    Also liked Crystal/Echo telling Wendy she a stupid bitca lol. Not Wendy's best day ever tbh.

    Ah yeah and liked the idea of the guy who wanted to team up the Mickey and Mallory characters from Natural Born Killers and have a gay old time. Careful what you wish for haha.

    I'll probably come back and provide some more thoughts later.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fatfreeoreos

    fatfreeoreos

    [133]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/21/05
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 33,588
    Mickey and Mallory? And I think Eliza's best acting was in True Believer. She played it soo well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pink_is_Love

    Pink_is_Love

    [134]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 05/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 42
    i not seen this ep yet but it look cool!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to wach it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [135]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    Pink_is_Love wrote:
    i not seen this ep yet but it look cool!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to wach it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OMG you have to watch it, but make sure you watch Briar Rose first.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AlphaCylon

    AlphaCylon

    [136]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 05/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 17
    This was a really good episode.

    Alpha was the most amazing thing since sliced-up-Whiskey bread, and Ballard was pretty cool working with the Dollhouse instead of against it.

    I'm glad November's going, I never liked her. She was just so... blah. Like she was just "there", ya know?

    I can't go on enough about how cool the Alpha stuff was in this episode, can I?

    The flashbacks were way cool, and Whiskey was neat to see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pink_is_Love

    Pink_is_Love

    [137]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 05/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 42
    i seen briar rose but not this 1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fatfreeoreos

    fatfreeoreos

    [138]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/21/05
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 33,588
    lazyjay wrote:
    Pink_is_Love wrote:
    i not seen this ep yet but it look cool!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to wach it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OMG you have to watch it, but make sure you watch Briar Rose first.


    Jay, did you really just say OMG?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [139]May 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    No, it was an impostor
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [140]May 14, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    lazyjay wrote:
    No, it was an impostor


    There's a Jay impostor?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.